The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 01-28-2007, 02:46 PM

I think they'll go Zonk. When was it announced that Anne/Tim and Edward/Sophie were going? Buckingham Palace haven't announced who's going AFAIK but I have a feeling it will C&C.

Old 01-28-2007, 02:55 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
I loved her necklace from the Academy gala, but WAY too much boobs and cleavage on show for my taste (and you get an idea of how low-brow I can be when I use words like boobs and clevage. and even I find it too much!)

Maybe the necklace could have been worn with a high neckline, and the necklace on display against it.
With or without high neckline. She has her "curves". I think she can show it. My opinion.

Old 01-28-2007, 03:02 PM

Indeed. Vicky Beckham had to pay for hers. Camilla should be proud to flaunt what she's been blessed with.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

After a pretty hard and exhausting day I was anticipating to come and find all the fabulous pictures from the visit but the actual amount of superb pictures and information posted here was far beyond my imagination.
A Huge thanks to everyone, who posted them!

Both Prince Charles and Camilla looked absolutely wonderful!
Camilla's outfits and jewelry was amazing. I'm still going through all the pictures and picture galleries, posted here but the visit seemed to be quite a success.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-28-2007, 04:39 PM
Imperial Majesty

This site has a short video.

The Prince Of Wales Walks To Sunday Service

Prince Charles, Camilla attend church in Philadelphia, then take historic train to NYC

PHILADELPHIA – Prince Charles and his wife Camilla waved to fans Sunday as they walked to a private church service before setting out for New York to continue their whirlwind American weekend.

SignOnSanDiego.com > News > Nation -- Prince Charles, Camilla attend church in Philadelphia, then take historic train to NYC

The security men are 'alert' to say the least.
Old 01-28-2007, 04:42 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ap3
Maybe the necklace could have been worn with a high neckline, and the necklace on display against it.
The trouble with trying to wear most heavy stone set jewelry against a top, is that it gets caught and can damage either the top or the necklace.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:15 PM
Royal Highness

Charles and Camilla in Harlem

Britain's Royal Family on Yahoo! News Photos

Camilla with students

Charles dribbles a basketball

Charles with a student

Old 01-28-2007, 05:22 PM
Courtier

You can see they got some sleep. Yesterday they looked really tired. Particulary Camilla at the gala event. Understandable after such a busy day and jet lag.
Old 01-28-2007, 05:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

A couple more pictures from the Harlem visit - POLFOTO

CHARLES

CHARLES AND CAMILLA

CHARLES AND CAMILLA 2
Old 01-28-2007, 05:54 PM
Royal Highness

Help!!

Okay everyone. That necklace...STUNNING! Is there any history on it? Warren?? :-)
Old 01-28-2007, 05:57 PM
Aristocracy

THAT necklace

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren
Camilla has worn two "new" pieces of jewellery so far during the US trip.

See here.
°
I have to say I think that necklace is hideous. I'm kind of new here, sorry if this is the wrong thread. But I wonder if Charles designed it specially for Camilla, we all know how he loves her decolletage!
Old 01-28-2007, 06:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady Marmalade
Help!!

Okay everyone. That necklace...STUNNING! Is there any history on it?
Camilla's necklace was a gift presented on a recent overseas visit per this link: BBC NEWS | UK | Royal couple tour the Big Apple

Quote:
The duchess wore a spectacular necklace - 36 rubies interlaced with diamonds - which Clarence House said had been presented to her while she was accompanying Charles on other recent overseas duties.
Old 01-28-2007, 06:24 PM
Courtier

Than it´s clear, the necklace is from Saudi-Arabia. King Fahd is the only one who can afford such generously presents. And he is a friend of Charles. Who else should spend such gifts?
Old 01-28-2007, 06:26 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
Camilla's necklace was a gift presented on a recent overseas visit per this link: BBC NEWS | UK | Royal couple tour the Big Apple
AuroraB counted the visible Rubies and there are 37! (discussed and drooled over here)
Old 01-28-2007, 06:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla stuns Rod with her rock collection

Quote:
The Duchess of Cornwall dazzled Philadelphia's high society and rocker Rod Stewart early today as she stepped out in an elaborate ruby and diamond necklace.
Camilla joined the Prince of Wales at a glitzy white-tie gala at the US city's Academy of Music for its 150th anniversary where Stewart was the star act. The Duchess's expensive jewels - 36 rubies interlaced with diamonds - were her own. Stewart said of the necklace after meeting the royals backstage: "It was gorgeous. She always looks glamorous to me. "I can see what he sees in her quite honestly, between you, me and the lamp post."
Governor of Pennsylvania Edward Rendell, who had earlier met the couple on their visit to the US east coast city's historic district, remarked on seeing the Duchess: "Doesn't she look awesome?"
Camilla matched the colour of the rubies with a deep red velvet Robinson Valentine floor length evening gown.
Nice taste, Rod!
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 01-28-2007, 06:44 PM
Courtier

Stupid question but, can anyone explain this "between you, me and the lamp post." Is it a phrase? Thanks for answer.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by hornsen
Stupid question but, can anyone explain this "between you, me and the lamp post." Is it a phrase? Thanks for answer.
It's an expression meaning "confidentially" or "just between us". The words bedpost or gatepost are sometimes used in place of lamp post.
Old 01-28-2007, 07:04 PM
Courtier

Thank you, selrahc4. I think Camilla has a really hot admirer in good old Rod.
Old 01-28-2007, 09:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by selrahc4
It's an expression meaning "confidentially" or "just between us". The words bedpost or gatepost are sometimes used in place of lamp post.
Thanks for the explantion. I was wondering the meaning of the phrase as well when I read the article.
Look forward to their day in NYC.
Old 01-28-2007, 10:02 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
I think they'll go Zonk. When was it announced that Anne/Tim and Edward/Sophie were going? Buckingham Palace haven't announced who's going AFAIK but I have a feeling it will C&C.
The idea that Anne/Tim and Edward/Sophie were going to the celebrations were discussed in this thread http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...way-11660.html. My mistake..not official.

I tried to find official confirmation but haven't seen anything from either Palace. I must admit, Charles/Camilla and Anne/Tim make more sense than Edward/Sophie...around the same age group. Anne godmother to Haakon, etc.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, new york, philadelphia, prince charles, prince of wales, united states