Charles and Camilla: Visit to Japan, Brunei & Indonesia - October 27-November 4, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Is the back of the Duchess's dress in homage to Japanese style? It's a similar shape to the belt that's on the back of a kimono.:flowers:
Nore pics from Ibl
Charles and Camilla attend an official diner at the Imperial Palace hosted by Emperor Akihito of Japan. 10/28/2008.
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Okay, that answers my question. I thought that it looked like an obi. I really love the colour of the dress, and I think that the choker goes very well with that neckline.
The top of the dress is very nice-not to low cut and the back is with the sash/obi effect was very beautiful. However the front across the waist seems to 'bunch up' some.
Overall very flattering color and effect.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay, that answers my question. I thought that it looked like an obi. I really love the colour of the dress, and I think that the choker goes very well with that neckline.

I like the color of the dress as well--it is very vibrant and has a great depth of color. As for the choker, it's a family piece and I really like how Camilla continues to wear those sentimental family pieces to important functions. I think it speaks a great deal about her that she would choose family pieces over more elaborate, royal pieces. In many ways, that necklace is her signature piece. One of the early photos of her that we've seen from the 70's shows her wearing this necklace (she looks amazing in that photo--bare shoulders, same hairdo but it works for her, and this necklace--she looks fantastic) and now she continues to wear the piece to important functions. Much like the Queen prefers sentimental family pieces, Camilla does the same.

Last edited:
Oh, still no pictures yet. Hopefully in an hour or two perhaps. I prefer when 'they' provide her hair with volume, instead of allowing it to lie relatively flat. Suits her most favourably.

Of course each to their own opinion, whether a sales assistant, clerk, pattern cutter or secretary, all are after, within the industry.

Indeed they are. And no one can suggest otherwise.

but see no need for the gleefully bitchy remarks and those cloaked in concern and understanding

Cloaked - By definition: Something that covers and conceals / Having its true character concealed with the intent of misleading.

Suggesting that the intentions of my posts (and whoeverelse, if anyone) are anything other than what I personally believe, and publically state, is so very poor in judgement, and I certainly reiterate the fact that that just isn't so. Let "us" not insinuate that another has been less than candid with their opinions just because "we" wish to suspect there to be an undercurrent of falsehood with what they say.

I liked the colour of her evening dress, thought it went well with the choker, but the design was embarassing. She needs a better dressmaker, someone who cares about how D of C looks, not the designer label.

Sorry Mr S, I am in love!

No, not with Charles, although he will always hold my deep affection, but with ASIMO!:wub:

Poor Mr S.....:whistling::ROFLMAO:

Prince Charles scraps the formalities to meet Asimo the robot in Japan
October 29

It was only when Asimo danced — the staff called it his Samurai dance, although with Asimo’s Seventies moves, Travolta dance might have been more accurate — that the Prince finally laughed. Asimo stood on one leg, delighted to have got a response.

Prince Charles scraps the formalities to meet Asimo the robot in Japan - Times Online

Suggesting that the intentions of my posts (and whoeverelse, if anyone) are anything other than what I personally believe, and publically state, is so very poor in judgement, and I certainly reiterate the fact that that just isn't so.Let "us" not insinuate that another has been less than candid with their opinions just because "we" wish to suspect there to be an undercurrent of falsehood with what they say
If a certain few (no surprises there)
I hope to let you down gently, the presumption that it is only your posts that come across in such a way is entirely misguided! Your comment of 'a certain few (no surprises there)' is beyond belief whilst you are apparently presuming to judge those that objected to the comments made on here, by some posters. :whistling:

Thank you to Skydragon and some others here for their so good words!:flowers:
Another lovely choice of pictures, thank you so much! :flowers:
I suggest the pseudo Latin phrase Illegitimis nil carborundum.:flowers:
milla Ca said:
It was only when Asimo danced — the staff called it his Samurai dance, although with Asimo’s Seventies moves, Travolta dance might have been more accurate — that the Prince finally laughed. Asimo stood on one leg, delighted to have got a response
Asimo would melt anyones heart. :wub: Mr S, Charles and Asimo in the same room, bliss!:wub:

If we can leave the personal sniping behind for the rest of the thread that would be good.

¤

I don't think anyone has mentioned it here or elsewhere but the quality of the pictures on this Zimbio magazine website leave the photo agencies in the dust.
The only question is for how long the pictures remain accessable.

The only question is for how long the pictures remain accessable.
I was wondering about that just one minute ago.
I have checked on Zimbio website and, If I am not wrong, some galleries remain accessable only for one year, some other galleries for 4 or 5 years.

. . . . . . . I do deplore that damn chocker, though. I'd love to learn of it's unforeseen dissapearance...:D
Madame, I really love that chocker. what's not to like?:ermm:

For me it's the the centrepiece, MARG. That gold filigree looking monstrosity just exudes a cheap costume jewellery like appearance. I'm not sure what the stone in the centre is, but it looks so garish against the gold. Truly, just not something I recognise as being tasteful, but that's just my opinion...:)

:previous: OK you got me! I went back and had another look at a blow-up and the filligree is a more than a little OTT. :ermm:

You are not alone, I love it, it exudes a bygone elegance, missing in some of the pieces women seem to favour today.:flowers:
-----------------
In conjunction with Prince Charles' upcoming visit to the Sultanate, workshops and exhibitions have been jointly organized by the Prince's School of Traditional Arts (PSTA) and the British High Commission at the Chancellor's Hall of University Brunei Darussalam.

Brunei's Local News - Brudirect.com

It seems that no photos of a private dinner with Crown Princely couple have been released. So sad...:sad:

im really admire the look of camilla in this trip ! specialy at the diner , she was absolutly fabulouse in the bleu gala dress !
great camilla !!!!

I must say, that over the years of looking at pictures of Price Charles with either Diana or Camilla, or by himself, I don't think I have ever seen him so "Jolly". He truely looks extremely happy, is always smiling, and is actually laughing!!!! All on one trip!
I mean, I've seen him smiling before and laughing, but none of them seem to reach his eyes like they do in these pictures of him on this trip.
He is either really happy in his life right now, or Japan seems to be the right place for him.
In either case, I'm glad he is happy and enjoying life.

I suppose that we should be glad that a dinner at least happened. CP Masako has managed to perform an official engagement. But yes, I'd have liked to see a picture, too.:ermm:

It seems that no photos of a private dinner with Crown Princely couple have been released. So sad...:sad:

I suppose that we should be glad that a dinner at least happened. CP Masako has managed to perform an official engagement. But yes, I'd have liked to see a picture, too.:ermm:

The dinner with The Crown Prince and Princess will be on Thursday.:flowers:

Today the Prince of Wales, accompanied by his wife, the Duchess of Cornwall, took a close look at Buddhism when he attended one of the world's most famous landmarks in Japan.

October 29
Prince Charles and Camilla visit Buddhist temple - Telegraph

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Thanks for the clarification! :flowers: I seem to be in a hurry. Well... a private dinner on Thursday means that we may fairly have high hopes for having photos of this event.

Thank you milla Ca and giov for all the lovely pics, and all of you who have posted links to articles and pics. They are all very much appreciated. :flowers:

I'm hoping we might see a special treatment of this visit and HM's in one of the magazines.

Lovely, lovely pictures! Thank you to all for sharing them with us.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom