The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-02-2008, 06:55 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
If only it weren't for the lines around her mouth from years of smoking, which are in no way attractive or flattering.

Other than that Camilla is looking quite good nowadays.
The lines around the mouth, and there are very few, come from living, smiling and of course age.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Some more pics from yesterday:

The Prince of Wales arrives at Jakarta Airport
November 1
Thank you for the pictures milla Ca, here comes the, for some, boring bit.

Twenty-six Bruneian students who have graduated from the University of Wales, Cardiff (UWIC) across a range of subjects, had a day to cherish Saturday (Nov1) as their degree award ceremony was honoured by the attendance of the Prince of Wales and Duchess of Cornwall who also presented the scrolls to the triumphant graduates

Brunei's Local News - Brudirect.com

Old 11-02-2008, 07:09 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Thank you for the pictures milla Ca, here comes the, for some, boring bit.
It seems to be a ´empty´ place by his side ....i have to say, i understand the Duchess, but i miss her at every pic ....
(Although everyone here knows how much i adore ´my most handsome Prince´...)

Old 11-02-2008, 07:46 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The lines around the mouth, and there are very few, come from living, smiling and of course age.
Smoking encourages the formation of vertical lines around the mouth, lines which entirely reflect those of the Duchess.

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k225/comtessede/spotthediff-1.jpg

Take into account her age of course, but it would be green of anyone to overlook the influence of nicotine absorption and attribute these lines solely to living, smiling and age when they are characteristically associated with smoking...

Charles looks great in grey suits. Always playing with his cufflinks..hehe..an endering trait for me.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-02-2008, 10:13 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Take into account her age of course, but it would be green of anyone to overlook the influence of nicotine absorption and attribute these lines solely to living, smiling and age when they are characteristically associated with smoking...
Less lines than many of my non smoking friends, but there you are, we must all be green (naive)!
Old 11-02-2008, 02:20 PM
Royal Highness

So many nice pics from today. You can see that he loves it to be there.
The Prince of Wales visits the Harapan Rainforest, Jami, Indonesia
November 2

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

more pics:
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 11-02-2008, 04:29 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
So many nice pics from today. You can see that he loves it to be there.
The Prince of Wales visits the Harapan Rainforest, Jami, Indonesia

He looks so happy, with or without his darling wife!
Old 11-02-2008, 05:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Sun-bathing has quite an effect, too. I'm so glad that I wasn't an outdoorsy person.

Quote:
Less lines than many of my non smoking friends, but there you are, we must all be green (naive)!
Old 11-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Courtier

I think Camilla looks better than she used to. She's not a beautiful woman, but I've been impressed by how nice her hair and clothing look nowadays. She looks the part of a prince's wife. Yes, Camilla has quite a few wrinkles, but if she's escaped from years of smoking with only wrinkles, that's something she should be thankful for.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:59 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmay286 View Post
I think Camilla looks better than she used to. She's not a beautiful woman, but I've been impressed by how nice her hair and clothing look nowadays. She looks the part of a prince's wife. Yes, Camilla has quite a few wrinkles, but if she's escaped from years of smoking with only wrinkles, that's something she should be thankful for.
Yes, that's a good point about the smoking.

Camilla might not be a classically beautiful woman, but she has the most wonderful smiling eyes. A beautiful exterior might be desirable, but it's what's inside that makes a person good company and a loyal friend and supportive wife. The smile in those eyes can't be faked. It must be contagious too, since Charles now has the same look.

Camilla's done what she needed to do to look the part of the future King's wife, and she always looks good, IMO.
Old 11-03-2008, 02:49 AM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales meets the Indonesia President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono , Presidential Palace in Jakarta
November 3

Old 11-03-2008, 03:14 AM
Courtier

Congratulations to Prince Charles for his untiring work for the preservation of the environment. He's worked hard over the years to be in a position now where people from all walks of life are listening to him.
Old 11-03-2008, 05:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Sun-bathing has quite an effect, too. I'm so glad that I wasn't an outdoorsy person.
Yes, that is a contributing factor I must admit. The townies among my friends, (the ones who saw a bit of mud on their shoes and had the vapours) do seem to have aged, on the whole better than the country set. However with the ozone getting weaker and the sun getting stronger, the youngsters nowadays will have greater problems. IMO. I'm sure many posting on here will hope to escape the ravages of time, 99.9% of them will fail!
Quote:
Smoking encourages the formation of vertical lines around the mouth, lines which entirely reflect those of the Duchess.
I am still trying to find the original of the picture you posted for my collection, any help in that direction?
Old 11-03-2008, 06:50 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Jambi - Pictures - Zimbio

Prince Of Wales Pictures - Prince Charles In Indonesia - Day 3 - Zimbio
Old 11-03-2008, 12:05 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles of Britain called on the Indonesian government to keep its commitment to preserving its forests as damage to forest areas in various countries had caused climate change, ANTARA news agency reported Monday.

Visiting Prince Charles, who arrived here on Sunday, made the appeal during observation tour of the Indonesian Rain Forest Ecosystem Restoration park in Bungku village, Batanghari district

Prince Charles Asks Indonesia To Preserve Its Forests :: Bernama.com

Britain's Prince Charles met with Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono on Monday, discussing issues of global warming and the ties between the Islamand the West, state spokesman Dino Patti Djalal said.

Prince Charles visits Indonesia, discussing global warming - People's Daily Online

This is the visit in pictures from the BBC, in picture 9, I wonder if Camilla is saying "This is what you want for your birthday"!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/in_pictures/7705890.stm
Old 11-03-2008, 03:20 PM
Royal Highness

Again a special THANK YOU to Skydragon and giov for the articles and pics!
I think we can sum up: A happy Prince is doing a great job!
Old 11-03-2008, 08:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Picture originally posted by Warren

Quote:
I am still trying to find the original of the picture you posted for my collection, any help in that direction?
Upon reflection, I probably should have used this picture...

http://i89.photobucket.com/albums/k2...CHOGMNov07.jpg

Am now off to the Melbourne Cup...toodles!

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-04-2008, 12:16 AM
Commoner

So, we have to feel SORRY to her because she is too old travelling around, oh darling I'm tired!
Old 11-04-2008, 01:04 AM

I hadn't expected to be back here so soon to submit another post with photos from Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla's visit to British Forces in Brunei. Link to flash gallery containing 86 pictures in blog post.

PRINCE CHARLES AND DUCHESS CAMILLA VISIT BRITISH FORCES BRUNEI « SHIMWORLD

Enjoy!
Old 11-04-2008, 08:29 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by janshim View Post
I hadn't expected to be back here so soon to submit another post with photos from Prince Charles and Duchess Camilla's visit to British Forces in Brunei. Link to flash gallery containing 86 pictures in blog post.

PRINCE CHARLES AND DUCHESS CAMILLA VISIT BRITISH FORCES BRUNEI « SHIMWORLD

Enjoy!
Welcome and Thank you for this, the Gurkhas must count as among, if not the, bravest fighters in the world and we, the British, have been privileged to have them on our side. Charles and Camilla must have been so proud to meet them!
Old 11-04-2008, 09:15 AM
Imperial Majesty

These to me are delightful pictures, fine lines and all!These from Getty.
One
Two
Three