The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-01-2008, 12:15 AM
Aristocracy

BAHAR_19

RAMLI_013

I wonder why the DOC doesn't curtsy in front of Their Majesties. Beside The fact that Their Majesties is the reigning monarch, they both are much senior royal than the DOC. I think she suppose to curtsy right?

Old 11-01-2008, 03:25 AM
Courtier

Thank you banda windsor for the pics. I particularly enjoyed the link to the pics of diana, a lot of which I have never seen before

Old 11-01-2008, 06:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
I also thought the overlay of chiffon was pink, whatever it still looks lovely.
You are right!
The dress and the scarf are light pink!
Old 11-01-2008, 06:36 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by banda_windsor View Post
BAHAR_19

RAMLI_013

I wonder why the DOC doesn't curtsy in front of Their Majesties. Beside The fact that Their Majesties is the reigning monarch, they both are much senior royal than the DOC. I think she suppose to curtsy right?

I have only seen still photos and no video showing the actual meeting so maybe she curtsied and we just don't have any photos of it.

I would expect her to curtsy to reigning monarchs.
Old 11-01-2008, 07:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
. . . . . . I would expect her to curtsy to reigning monarchs.
I truely believe that Camilla is too polite to fail to pay her respects in the appropriate manner. Everywhere she has been before with the POW she has been the perfect wife and partner. IMO she would never let him down in such a rude and disrespectful way.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales has revealed details of an ambitious scheme to save the world's rainforests during a state visit to Brunei.

BBC NEWS | World | Asia-Pacific | Prince presents rainforest plan

BRITAIN'S Prince Charles arrived in Indonesia today in a visit to promote the preservation of forests and encourage interfaith dialogue in the world's largest Muslim-majority nation.

Prince Charles begins Indonesia visit | The Daily Telegraph
Old 11-01-2008, 10:07 AM
Royal Highness

I just have to say, Charles has gotten better looking with time! He is much more distinguished, relaxed, and elegant now. I also admit I like a man with a little gray in his hair--

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-01-2008, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles And Duchess Of Cornwall Tour Brunei Darussalam - Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/Se...ntId=83521780#
Old 11-01-2008, 03:52 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iluvbertie View Post
I have only seen still photos and no video showing the actual meeting so maybe she curtsied and we just don't have any photos of it.

I would expect her to curtsy to reigning monarchs.

I am not sure but I believe Muslims Monarchs don't expect a long curtsy from anyone.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:24 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you for the picture links giov and for the articles Skydragon!
Here are my favourites of today:

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall tour Darussalam, Brunei - Day 2
November 1

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

( I wonder why the Prince does not need glasses for reading, or is he only to vain to show it in public? ...)

Old 11-01-2008, 04:37 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
I am not sure but I believe Muslims Monarchs don't expect a long curtsy from anyone.
This could be it, but I don't profess to know. I am, however, sure that the proper course would have been ascertained and adopted by Camilla, who would not embarrass Charles by failing to observe protocol.
Old 11-01-2008, 04:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Camilla's skin and hair look really nice, but I don't think that she should "do" ruffles on her bodice. I have a similar shape; and although I'm about 15 years younger, I gave up ruffles a long time ago.
Old 11-01-2008, 08:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you giov and milla Ca for todays picks, a lovely selection once again. Perhaps Charles does not need glasses for reading, many don't, Camillas look rather nice I thought. At the very least she is not doing a Dame Edna.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Camilla's skin and hair look really nice, but I don't think that she should "do" ruffles on her bodice. I have a similar shape; and although I'm about 15 years younger, I gave up ruffles a long time ago.
I like them, they add a little flair to a plain neckline, IMO. You would hate my collection of Jabot blouses then, they put ruffles in the shade!
Old 11-01-2008, 08:37 PM
Imperial Majesty

Britain's Prince Charles, a long-time champion of 'green' causes, singled out Brunei's Heart of Borneo (HoB) initiative for special praise, on its determination to protect the standing rainforest that covers more than 60 per cent of the country

Brunei's News Headlines - Brudirect.com
Old 11-01-2008, 09:24 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Although curtsy is not Muslim's tradition, but I think curtsy is a royal code to show your respect. Usually in Muslim especially Malay world, curtsy is followed by kissing hand. Even the Queen of Malaysia curtsy to Sultan Bolkiah and Queen Saleha of Brunei. So I guess DOC should curtsy in front of both of them.
Old 11-01-2008, 09:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by jcbcode99 View Post
I just have to say, Charles has gotten better looking with time! He is much more distinguished, relaxed, and elegant now. I also admit I like a man with a little gray in his hair--
Really, I'd say the exact opposite. Camilla has gotten better looking with age though.

Thank you Banda-windsor, I have never seen those pictures of the Princess before. :)
Old 11-01-2008, 09:52 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234 View Post
Really, I'd say the exact opposite. Camilla has gotten better looking with age though.
Camilla really does look splendid, doesn't she?

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 11-02-2008, 01:36 AM
Heir Apparent

If only it weren't for the lines around her mouth from years of smoking, which are in no way attractive or flattering...

Other than that Camilla is looking quite good nowadays.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 11-02-2008, 03:24 AM
Courtier

Thank you to all for pics and posts. Where did D of C get those specs., are they really outdated or is she setting a new trend?
Old 11-02-2008, 05:07 AM
Royal Highness

Some more pics from yesterday:

The Prince of Wales arrives at Jakarta Airport
November 1