Charles and Camilla: Visit to Japan, Brunei & Indonesia - October 27-November 4, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:previous:
Thank you giov for all the nice pictures! :photo:You, milla Ca and iceflower really are amazing!:notworthy:

Prince Charles met the hereditary sultan of the Indonesian city of Yogyakarta to discuss interfaith dialogue on Tuesday in the final major stop of a five-day visit to the country, a report said. Charles met Sultan Hamengkubuwono X and other members of the royal family at their palace in the city on Java island, state news agency Antara reported.

http://news.yahoo.com/s/afp/20081104/wl_uk_afp/indonesiabritainroyals_081104133354

Thank you for posting this link. :flowers: The headline seems to be following in the footsteps of another publication that we all know! It does go on to say -
Like all the other religious representatives Charles met, the imam was impressed with his genuine knowledge and understanding of Islam. “He talked about how Islamic art and in particular the geometrical patterns help us to connect with the nature of the cosmos,” he said. “He is so genuinely concerned with every individual, in what they do and what they are saying.
:flowers:

So, we have to feel SORRY to her because she is too old travelling around, oh darling I'm tired!
Did I fall asleep and miss something again?:ermm:

It's old news!:flowers:
OK then. Moving on . . .
Skydragon said:
Emeralds and Opals said:

The headline seems to be following in the footsteps of another publication that we all know! It does go on to say -

Quote:
Like all the other religious representatives Charles met, the imam was impressed with his genuine knowledge and understanding of Islam. “He talked about how Islamic art and in particular the geometrical patterns help us to connect with the nature of the cosmos,” he said. “He is so genuinely concerned with every individual, in what they do and what they are saying.
The more I read the more I admire the POW. He truely is well educated and extremely diplomatic. :flowers:

When Camilla is doing a great job (day by day) only some people here mention this and have some good words for her,
but when she maybe shows a little weakness she gets such a harsh criticism from so many of you.
Is this fair?
No, it is not fair, as you point out but most people are far from being the kind of tolerant, non-judgmental people who will eventually lead us into a new evolution of consciousness. Look at most of the critical posts here about the Duchess and her early departure. What are they about? Money. Cost of this, cost of that. People are deluded into overrating the importance of money. "I want such and such, but I don't want to pay more taxes to have it" is such a selfish point of view, imo. Not to mention, completely superficial. Money is such a petty part of our abundant universe.

No, it is not fair, as you point out but most people are far from being the kind of tolerant, non-judgmental people who will eventually lead us into a new evolution of consciousness. Look at most of the critical posts here about the Duchess and her early departure. What are they about? Money. Cost of this, cost of that. People are deluded into overrating the importance of money. "I want such and such, but I don't want to pay more taxes to have it" is such a selfish point of view, imo. Not to mention, completely superficial. Money is such a petty part of our abundant universe.
No, I don't believe they are 'deluded' for thinking about the cost, whether it is for Charles, Camilla, other senior or minor royals. When people are struggling to pay for the heating or have to make the choice between heat or eat, they do question whether the taxpayer should be funding the many of the royals. The government asked for and arranged this visit and unfortunately a large proportion of ordinary members of the public, neither ask for nor want their hard earned money spent in this way, so your "I want such and such, but I don't want to pay for it", hardly applies. The majority of complaints about Camillas early exit seem to come from the ladies and gentlemen who are not resident in the UK.

D of C has done a great job this trip. P of W looks very happy and proud of her

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom