The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-28-2008, 07:19 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreats View Post
Nice article in the Mail
Big in Japan Camilla proves big hit with crowds in Tokyo as Charles admires dancing robot.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencete...ing-robot.html.
Sorry Mr S, I am in love!

No, not with Charles, although he will always hold my deep affection, but with ASIMO!

Old 10-28-2008, 09:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Is the back of the Duchess's dress in homage to Japanese style? It's a similar shape to the belt that's on the back of a kimono.
Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Nore pics from Ibl
Charles and Camilla attend an official diner at the Imperial Palace hosted by Emperor Akihito of Japan. 10/28/2008.
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65
Okay, that answers my question. I thought that it looked like an obi. I really love the colour of the dress, and I think that the choker goes very well with that neckline.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sthreats View Post
The top of the dress is very nice-not to low cut and the back is with the sash/obi effect was very beautiful. However the front across the waist seems to 'bunch up' some.
Overall very flattering color and effect.

Old 10-28-2008, 09:42 PM
Courtier

Many thanks for the fantastic collection of pics
Old 10-28-2008, 10:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
Okay, that answers my question. I thought that it looked like an obi. I really love the colour of the dress, and I think that the choker goes very well with that neckline.
I like the color of the dress as well--it is very vibrant and has a great depth of color. As for the choker, it's a family piece and I really like how Camilla continues to wear those sentimental family pieces to important functions. I think it speaks a great deal about her that she would choose family pieces over more elaborate, royal pieces. In many ways, that necklace is her signature piece. One of the early photos of her that we've seen from the 70's shows her wearing this necklace (she looks amazing in that photo--bare shoulders, same hairdo but it works for her, and this necklace--she looks fantastic) and now she continues to wear the piece to important functions. Much like the Queen prefers sentimental family pieces, Camilla does the same.

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 10-28-2008, 11:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, still no pictures yet. Hopefully in an hour or two perhaps. I prefer when 'they' provide her hair with volume, instead of allowing it to lie relatively flat. Suits her most favourably.

Quote:
Of course each to their own opinion, whether a sales assistant, clerk, pattern cutter or secretary, all are after, within the industry.
Indeed they are. And no one can suggest otherwise.

Quote:
but see no need for the gleefully bitchy remarks and those cloaked in concern and understanding
Quote:
Cloaked - By definition: Something that covers and conceals / Having its true character concealed with the intent of misleading.
Suggesting that the intentions of my posts (and whoeverelse, if anyone) are anything other than what I personally believe, and publically state, is so very poor in judgement, and I certainly reiterate the fact that that just isn't so. Let "us" not insinuate that another has been less than candid with their opinions just because "we" wish to suspect there to be an undercurrent of falsehood with what they say.

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-28-2008, 11:48 PM
Courtier

I liked the colour of her evening dress, thought it went well with the choker, but the design was embarassing. She needs a better dressmaker, someone who cares about how D of C looks, not the designer label.
Old 10-29-2008, 03:25 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you to Skydragon and some others here for their so good words!

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

some more pics:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 10-29-2008, 03:40 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Sorry Mr S, I am in love!

No, not with Charles, although he will always hold my deep affection, but with ASIMO!
Poor Mr S.....

Prince Charles scraps the formalities to meet Asimo the robot in Japan
October 29

It was only when Asimo danced — the staff called it his Samurai dance, although with Asimo’s Seventies moves, Travolta dance might have been more accurate — that the Prince finally laughed. Asimo stood on one leg, delighted to have got a response.

Prince Charles scraps the formalities to meet Asimo the robot in Japan - Times Online
Old 10-29-2008, 05:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Suggesting that the intentions of my posts (and whoeverelse, if anyone) are anything other than what I personally believe, and publically state, is so very poor in judgement, and I certainly reiterate the fact that that just isn't so.Let "us" not insinuate that another has been less than candid with their opinions just because "we" wish to suspect there to be an undercurrent of falsehood with what they say
Quote:
If a certain few (no surprises there)
I hope to let you down gently, the presumption that it is only your posts that come across in such a way is entirely misguided! Your comment of 'a certain few (no surprises there)' is beyond belief whilst you are apparently presuming to judge those that objected to the comments made on here, by some posters.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Japan - Day 3 - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 10-29-2008, 05:46 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
Thank you to Skydragon and some others here for their so good words!
Another lovely choice of pictures, thank you so much!
I suggest the pseudo Latin phrase Illegitimis nil carborundum.
Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
It was only when Asimo danced — the staff called it his Samurai dance, although with Asimo’s Seventies moves, Travolta dance might have been more accurate — that the Prince finally laughed. Asimo stood on one leg, delighted to have got a response
Asimo would melt anyones heart. Mr S, Charles and Asimo in the same room, bliss!
Old 10-29-2008, 05:48 AM
Administrator

If we can leave the personal sniping behind for the rest of the thread that would be good.

¤

I don't think anyone has mentioned it here or elsewhere but the quality of the pictures on this Zimbio magazine website leave the photo agencies in the dust.
The only question is for how long the pictures remain accessable.
Old 10-29-2008, 05:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you for this link. I wonder if in this one they are saying, no you can't stay here!
Old 10-29-2008, 06:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
The only question is for how long the pictures remain accessable.
I was wondering about that just one minute ago.
I have checked on Zimbio website and, If I am not wrong, some galleries remain accessable only for one year, some other galleries for 4 or 5 years.
Old 10-29-2008, 07:19 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
. . . . . . . I do deplore that damn chocker, though. I'd love to learn of it's unforeseen dissapearance...
Madame, I really love that chocker. what's not to like?
Old 10-29-2008, 07:45 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post

For me it's the the centrepiece, MARG. That gold filigree looking monstrosity just exudes a cheap costume jewellery like appearance. I'm not sure what the stone in the centre is, but it looks so garish against the gold. Truly, just not something I recognise as being tasteful, but that's just my opinion...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-29-2008, 07:57 AM
Heir Apparent

OK you got me! I went back and had another look at a blow-up and the filligree is a more than a little OTT.
Old 10-29-2008, 08:09 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by MARG View Post
You are not alone, I love it, it exudes a bygone elegance, missing in some of the pieces women seem to favour today.
-----------------
In conjunction with Prince Charles' upcoming visit to the Sultanate, workshops and exhibitions have been jointly organized by the Prince's School of Traditional Arts (PSTA) and the British High Commission at the Chancellor's Hall of University Brunei Darussalam.

Brunei's Local News - Brudirect.com
Old 10-29-2008, 12:12 PM
Heir Apparent

It seems that no photos of a private dinner with Crown Princely couple have been released. So sad...
Old 10-29-2008, 12:25 PM
Nobility

im really admire the look of camilla in this trip ! specialy at the diner , she was absolutly fabulouse in the bleu gala dress !
great camilla !!!!