The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-27-2008, 05:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I hope to see Crown Princess Massako as well. It has been reported that Crown Prince Naruhito and Crown Princess Masako will give a private dinner to Prince Charles and Duchess of Cornwall. Let us hope that photos of this event will be released.
Oh yes, it would be great to see the Crown Princess. Hopefully she is feeling much better.

Old 10-27-2008, 05:38 PM
Heir Apparent

I had the impression from the still photos that Camilla looked rather nervous, but it might have been just the strain of jet-lag.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
And they have arrived. Both look extremely jet-lagged and Camilla is in a blue shapeless thing, suitable for travelling though so we'll let her off.

Old 10-27-2008, 07:09 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
I am sure that Duchess of Cornwall will get her Order. When it comes to the Orders, the past is irrelevant to the Japanese. She is going to get the Order because she is the wife of Heir Apparent.
According to the Prince of Wales's diary of engagements, TRH will be hosted a Dinner by the Emperor and Empress tonight. It will be a highlight event, and for sure that Camilla would be out for a Tiara, and Order of the Precious Crown as well.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 10-27-2008, 07:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mermaid1962 View Post
I had the impression from the still photos that Camilla looked rather nervous, but it might have been just the strain of jet-lag.
It must have been jet lag, she isn't silly, after all, what is there to be nervous of?
Old 10-27-2008, 10:58 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by jinigirl View Post
Her shoes are by LK Bennett SARA-Sale Courts-LK Bennett, this is Camillas pair, but not tan-colored, but chocolade-brown, t you'll find lots of nice and similiar pairs. Kate wears a lot of LK Bennett-shoes, too. They are not very expensive IMO

Edit: I think Camilla owns this pair SMARTIE-Sale Courts-LK Bennett and this pair STORY-Sale Courts-LK Bennett as well, not sure about the color

Many many many many thanks to you jinigirl! I'm off to order (hope they ship internationally!)

"We make a living by what we do; we make a life by what we give" Winston Churchill
Old 10-28-2008, 12:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
And they have arrived. Both look extremely jet-lagged and Camilla is in a blue shapeless thing, suitable for travelling though so we'll let her off.
But wouldn't it be usual for her to change before arrival?
Old 10-28-2008, 12:56 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Thank you milla Ca, I do like these!

Camilla

and Charles and Camilla

I wonder what Crown Prince Naruhito said to make her laugh?

Camilla and Crown Prince Naruhito
The Crown Prince probably said "Those gloves looks really strange with that outfit"
Old 10-28-2008, 01:06 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
I think the reason for her smile is a warm welcome, the kind words of Crown Prince Naruhito maybe let her forget that she´s probably very tired after a long flight, starting in the night.

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Accompanied by the Duchess of Cornwall, he was greeted in Tokyo by Crown Prince Naruhito, who cut a solitary figure, being unaccompanied, as usual, by Crown Princess Masako, who has not carried out official functions since being diagnosed with depression.

Prince Charles arrives in Tokyo to campaign on global warming - Times Online
I agree on the favourite pic. It just exudes marital harmony
Old 10-28-2008, 03:17 AM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall visit Japan, Day 2
Keio University, Tokyo
October 28

more pics:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 10-28-2008, 03:33 AM
Courtier

PC and D of C look really well and happy on Day 2. They got a really great welcome from the japanese children
Old 10-28-2008, 05:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Day 2
Prince Charles And Duchess Of Cornwall Visit Japan - Day 2 - Pictures - Zimbio

http://www.mediumphoto.com.pl/index....shownews/11221
Old 10-28-2008, 05:52 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HMQueenElizabethII View Post
According to the Prince of Wales's diary of engagements, TRH will be hosted a Dinner by the Emperor and Empress tonight. It will be a highlight event, and for sure that Camilla would be out for a Tiara, and Order of the Precious Crown as well.
It's listed as a private dinner not a gala so probably not a tiara and decorations event.
Old 10-28-2008, 06:00 AM
Imperial Majesty

Thank you milla Ca and giov for all the pictures, I know it takes time to find them all! A wonderful selection from milla Ca as usual! Charles and Camilla really looked like they were enjoying themselves, but I am somewhat jealous, (not a normal reaction for me), they met my hero Asimo!
---------------------
Prince Charles and his wife Camilla arrived here Monday on a visit to Japan, the first in nearly two decades by the heir to the British throne

Channelnewsasia.com

What a pity they didn't have our own milla Ca picking the photograph to use!
Old 10-28-2008, 08:28 AM
Serene Highness

I'm not sure to like this day outfit.
The color is nice but the pearls on the shoulders are a lilltle bit too'"Dolly Parton".

Sadly no tiara for the dinner but a very new beautiful and well cut dress for the DOC.

The color is flattering. Not too much cleavage. Nice and of course appropriate japanese touch. One of her best evening dress Imo.

http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/De...|0&id=83460813

A special bonus : a nice curtsey

Old 10-28-2008, 08:58 AM

No tiara? No decoration? One is sad.
Old 10-28-2008, 09:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nico View Post

I'm not sure to like this day outfit.
The color is nice but the pearls on the shoulders are a lilltle bit too'"Dolly Parton".

Sadly no tiara for the dinner but a very new beautiful and well cut dress for the DOC.

The color is flattering. Not too much cleavage. Nice and of course appropriate japanese touch. One of her best evening dress Imo.

A special bonus : a nice curtsey

Lovely pictures. The evening dress looks regal, it seem to fit very well and Camilla looked radiant in it. Its a pity that it is a private dinner, and we are robbed of the opportunity to see Camilla bedecked in her wonderful jewellery.

I too was not a huge fan of the suit that Camilla wore during the day - IMO the dangly bits on the shoulders were not really Camilla!
Old 10-28-2008, 09:15 AM
Heir Apparent

Her shape makes for an unnatractive fit where many of her evening gowns are involved, and as such, reflects the middle age spread quite well, imo. She could be better assisted and I do feel she's being let down. Certainly she wouldn't be the easiest shape to dress but a better job could be done! And considering it's no doubt tailored, I expect more.

It looked 'ok' from the back with the detailing. But front on...ugh! Still, it's a lovely colour on her and she wears it with a smile!

I do deplore that damn chocker, though. I'd love to learn of it's unforeseen dissapearance...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent
Old 10-28-2008, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Madame Royale View Post
Her shape makes for an unnatractive fit where many of her evening gowns are involved, and as such, reflects the middle age spread quite well, imo. She could be better assisted and I do feel she's being let down. Certainly she wouldn't be the easiest shape to dress but a better job could be done! And considering it's no doubt tailored, I expect more.

It looked 'ok' from the back with the detailing. But front on...ugh! Still, it's a lovely colour on her and she wears it with a smile!

I do deplore that damn chocker, though. I'd love to learn of it's unforeseen dissapearance...
I agree that some of the detailing on the front of the dress is a bit amateurish, but IMO the dress as a whole works very well.
Old 10-28-2008, 10:02 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
No tiara? No decoration? One is sad.
these dinners are usually low key, same thing when TM received the spanish CPs a few years ago. in comparison Camilla was actually dressed up last night with her long gown.
http://www.casareal.es/noticias/imag...8164236625.jpg
Old 10-28-2008, 10:21 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I agree that some of the detailing on the front of the dress is a bit amateurish, but IMO the dress as a whole works very well.
Her bust is ample enough without being subject to materials which induce shimmer across the chest. Her waist and hips are also areas which seem to possess a reasonable abundance of width and are often afflicted by detailings which draw the eyes, as is here the case. Overall, I think it's quite frumpy.

HRH has the potential to look amazing...though as of yet, I've seen such a sight but a mere few times.

Her posture truly isn't the best either.

All my own opinion, of course...

"Dressing is a way of life" - Monsieur Saint Laurent