Tom Parker Bowles, Sara Buys and Family: August 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
By the time the Strathmore blood, became pertinent to the direct line, the public were accustomed to the connection, and as a Ducal family they were scarcely 'new' at Court.. they were a known, and entirely respectable quantity already. Same with the Spencers [altho' less entirely respectable].

May I ask a question that is puzzling me, since I am still in the process of getting caught up on the old history of the BRF. Why is Camilla's family protected at all costs, but the Middletons are treated so shabbily? Why is the same protection afforded to Camilla's children in the press not afforded to the Middleton's? I mean, Camilla's history with her prior husband with all his affairs, her affair, etc. is worthy of being torn apart in the press, certainly, even at this late a date. What have the Middleton's done? Nothing. It seems as if they have to walk an impossible line.

Why would want Camilla's children to be torn apart by the press?

The media tore them apart when they were children.

Tom was 17 and Laura was 14 when the media started to attack them.

The Parker Bowles were trashed in the media. Tom and Laura were chased as children. In the interview Tom describes being hounded by the press as a teenager. The press went after everyone with the Parker Bowles name including Simon Parker Bowles, Richard Parker Bowles, Emma Parker Bowles, Andrew Parker Bowles and Camilla's children.

Tom was 17 and Laura was 14. Emma was 17. Simon's sons, Luke was 14 and Sam was 11.

All were harassed as children.

The press hounded the entire family. Andrew's sister Mary Ann said her children were lucky as they did not carry the Parker Bowles surname and were not harassed.

The media had no problem chasing down and harassing the Parker Bowles children.

Camilla's children were hounded for years.

The Middleton's have never been chased down.

There is also a very big difference between the Middletons and Tom.

Tom is Camilla's son. His career puts him in the public.

Carole and Mike Middleton careers are private.

Carole and Mike are Catherine's parents.

Camilla's parents, Rosalind and Bruce Shand did not give interviews.

Pippa and James are Catherine's siblings.

Annabel and Mark are Camilla's siblings.

Camilla's siblings did not speak to the press.

The Middletons have spoken to press more than Camilla's parents and siblings.

James talked about supplying treats to the Royal Family.

Also the Middleton have not known the Royal Family as long as Tom.

Tom has known Charles for 40 years.
His parents have known the Royal Family probably since infancy.

Camilla's sister has known Charles 40-50 years.

Camilla's brother knew Charles over 40 years.

Camilla's grandparents, Sonia and Roland Cubitt were friends of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (QEQM).

King George VI and Queen Elizabeth attended the ball to celebrate Rosalind's (Camilla's mother) debut.

Roland's mother was a friend of Queen Mary as was Sonia's mother.

Sonia and Roland's son had a royal godfather. Prince Henry the Duke of Gloucester was godfather to Henry Cubitt.

The Middleton are fresh meat for the press. Tom and his sister had more than their share of harassment from the press.

Last edited:
Good news for Tom -

His new food show has "consumed" it's rival - also a new food show - to the extent that the other show is likely to go off air within the next two weeks.

Today's newspaper has Tom's "The Hot Plate", "smashing" the other show in the ratings on three consecutive nights.

And the channel hosting Tom's show is Australia's number one channel again - so all good for TPB.

Oh Dear!

After reading about the success of Tom Parker-Bowles new TV show yesterday - so successful that all the week's episodes were re-broadcast again back to back last night - I open today's paper to see there is court-trouble looming.

The war between the channels has reached "boiling point"- (all these cooking references - so clever. :lol:).

Another TV channel has lodged papers in our Federal Court seeking to have Tom's show taken off air.

The matter will be heard in court this Tuesday - the day after tomorrow - when a judge will decide if there has been a breach of copyright and intellectual property, which may force Tom's show off air until the case can be looked into more fully at a later court date.

Poor Tom - but good publicity if they don't get caught up in legal red-tape I guess. (Small comfort that though.)

Last edited by a moderator:
A case of the greeneyed monster.

Why not sue before the program was broadcasted?

Tom's show started filming around May.

If it was a case of breach of copyright and intellectual property dispute why did they wait until after the show aired, why not stop production before the show aired? Why wait until after filming has ended?

The premise and details of the show was announced in March.

Clearly a case of jealously, as Tom's show won the ratings.

Last edited:
For a start it isn't Toms show he appears in it second is it very very similar to MKR but a bogan version.
Seven takes Nine to court, accuses The Hot Plate of being a My Kitchen Rules rip-off | News.com.au

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Sorry royal rob if I created any confusion.

I just called it Tom's show - rather than the show Tom Parker-Bowles is in - as that's the only reason "The Hot Plate" is of any interest to anyone on TRFs.

Tom himself is not in any legal situation of course - though it will be disappointing to him now doubt, if it is pulled off air.

Last edited:
Sorry sun lion I was replying more to Queen Camillia. ?

Is it really rating well?? I would have thought people were getting tired of yet Another cooking show with bitchy contestants thrown in to spice it up. It seems in Australia its either reality tv shows or renovation style shows or Football. We don't seem to get much of a choice these days. But then there's always the new ugly Bachelor show. Good grief I am over it. I look to see whats on the box then usually grab a book to read.

Sorry sun lion I was replying more to Queen Camillia. ��

Is it really rating well?? I would have thought people were getting tired of yet Another cooking show with bitchy contestants thrown in to spice it up. It seems in Australia its either reality tv shows or renovation style shows or Football. We don't seem to get much of a choice these days. But then there's always the new ugly Bachelor show. Good grief I am over it. I look to see whats on the box then usually grab a book to read.

No problem royal rob.

I saw a few posts back you started watching the show, but could only manage ten minutes before giving up on it. (I didn't even start.)

That's why like Tarlita, I was a bit suprised, quite a bit actually, to see in yesterday's newspaper that it has - so far - been such a ratings success that it's competitor show was being predicted as being cancelled.

But yes Tarlita - it is being said it is a success, so you, I, and royal rob must be in the minority.

Will be interesting to see what happens on Tuesday - won't be the first time the legal system has been brought into what is or isn't screened on Oz telly. (Thinking of all the injuctions people have brought over the years - most recently Gina Rhinehart if you recall.)

But perhaps Tarlita there is light at the end of the tunnel - I also read in the paper today that the current "Dancing With The Stars" is to be the last - we've run out of stars - (though the UK version has been approached by Pippa Middleton according to someone letting that cat out of the bag).

Last edited:
I guess my biggest beef is that with so many extra TV channels we have now and not much at all worth watching on any of them. Sure now and then something really good comes on but not often enough. I assumed a lot of people were curious to see Tom Parker Bowles in action. I for one had no idea he even was a food critic. He appears as a genuinely nice person though.

Why would want Camilla's children to be torn apart by the press?

The media tore them apart when they were children.

Tom was 17 and Laura was 14 when the media started to attack them.

The Parker Bowles were trashed in the media. Tom and Laura were chased as children. In the interview Tom describes being hounded by the press as a teenager. The press went after everyone with the Parker Bowles name including Simon Parker Bowles, Richard Parker Bowles, Emma Parker Bowles, Andrew Parker Bowles and Camilla's children.

Tom was 17 and Laura was 14. Emma was 17. Simon's sons, Luke was 14 and Sam was 11.

All were harassed as children.

The press hounded the entire family. Andrew's sister Mary Ann said her children were lucky as they did not carry the Parker Bowles surname and were not harassed.

The media had no problem chasing down and harassing the Parker Bowles children.

Camilla's children were hounded for years.

The Middleton's have never been chased down.

There is also a very big difference between the Middletons and Tom.

Tom is Camilla's son. His career puts him in the public.

Carole and Mike Middleton careers are private.

Carole and Mike are Catherine's parents.

Camilla's parents, Rosalind and Bruce Shand did not give interviews.

Pippa and James are Catherine's siblings.

Annabel and Mark are Camilla's siblings.

Camilla's siblings did not speak to the press.

The Middletons have spoken to press more than Camilla's parents and siblings.

James talked about supplying treats to the Royal Family.

Also the Middleton have not known the Royal Family as long as Tom.

Tom has known Charles for 40 years.
His parents have known the Royal Family probably since infancy.

Camilla's sister has known Charles 40-50 years.

Camilla's brother knew Charles over 40 years.

Camilla's grandparents, Sonia and Roland Cubitt were friends of King George VI and Queen Elizabeth (QEQM).

King George VI and Queen Elizabeth attended the ball to celebrate Rosalind's (Camilla's mother) debut.

Roland's mother was a friend of Queen Mary as was Sonia's mother.

Sonia and Roland's son had a royal godfather. Prince Henry the Duke of Gloucester was godfather to Henry Cubitt.

The Middleton are fresh meat for the press. Tom and his sister had more than their share of harassment from the press.
. Isn't Prince Charles also Tom Parker Bowles godfather? There was a comment on the Daily Fail, not sure how reliable that a commentator worked near Pippa Middleton's office and that they had witnessed her unpleasant treatment at the hands of the pap's.

Australia's highest rating quiz show, "The Hot Seat" had a special cast of contestants on tonight's episode - the competitors from "The Hot Plate", the new show on Oz TV featuring Tom Parker-Bowles.

(Tom wasn't on it trying to win the big bucks.)

Tomorrow is the big day for the legal wrangle brewing - (another cooking term :lol:) - about this show.

Channel 9 has been promoting this all day - another episode due on our screens tonight.

Last edited:
. Isn't Prince Charles also Tom Parker Bowles godfather? There was a comment on the Daily Fail, not sure how reliable that a commentator worked near Pippa Middleton's office and that they had witnessed her unpleasant treatment at the hands of the pap's.

Yes. Charles is Tom's godfather.

I believe the paps would do anything to get the "scoop" picture. Herein lies the difference between photographers and paparazzi. The photographer's aim to to capture the moment or occasion of a person, place or thing. A paparazzi's aim is to get a picture no one else would have to make money. The subjects of a pap's attention is no more important to him than a used paper coffee cup.

Yes. Charles is Tom's godfather.

I believe the paps would do anything to get the "scoop" picture. Herein lies the difference between photographers and paparazzi. The photographer's aim to to capture the moment or occasion of a person, place or thing. A paparazzi's aim is to get a picture no one else would have to make money. The subjects of a pap's attention is no more important to him than a used paper coffee cup.
Thank you for that. And isn't Prince Charles also godfather to one of Kanga Dales sons? Princess Anne also dated Andrew Parker-Bowles prior to her brother dating Camilla?

Thank you for that. And isn't Prince Charles also godfather to one of Kanga Dales sons? Princess Anne also dated Andrew Parker-Bowles prior to her brother dating Camilla?

I really don't know offhand about Charles being godfather to any of Kanga's sons but yes, Anne dated APB as well as Camilla did. I believe that Anne, Camilla and Charles are still very much on friendly terms with APB and IIRC, Anne was seen recently with Andrew at some recent event.

With all this in mind, we do come to realize that Tom Parker-Bowles has beein in and around the royal family all of his life. If you scan back in this thread a couple of years, I believe there is an interview posted where Tom talks about growing up and his relationship with Charles. He said both he and his sister always called him "Sir" but it was used more as an affectionate term rather than a formality.

BTW: Welcome to TRF and if there's something you're curious about in regards to royals and royalty, its got to be here somewhere. :D

Prince Charles is godfather to Dale Tryon's son, Charles.

With all this in mind, we do come to realize that Tom Parker-Bowles has been in and around the royal family all of his life. If you scan back in this thread a couple of years, I believe there is an interview posted where Tom talks about growing up and his relationship with Charles. He said both he and his sister always called him "Sir" but it was used more as an affectionate term rather than a formality.

Yes, Tom PB - also one of Charles' god-sons, has indeed been around the RF all his life. His parents are part of Charles & Anne's social set and his mother is now part of the Royal Family and will be the future Queen Consort, whether she is known by that title or not. Tom has lifelong experience with knowing how to field questions about the Royals. He acquired that knowledge by osmosis and it's second nature to him now. He knows what it is acceptable to say about his connections in that regard and he can be trusted to handle the press and is highly unlikely to ever say anything remotely controversial or likely to upset the Royals.

Channel Nine's The Hotplate fends off Seven's copyright challenge...for now

Thanks for this Queen Camilla.

That poor judge, having to watch episodes of the respective shows in order to reach his decision later this week. :lol:

The other Sydney daily paper has most of page three taken up with this - and Tom Parker-Bowles is photographed looking less than impressed. (A photo from the TV show, but one picked for how well it plays in this story.)

And again those clever cookery terms used by the reporters - "dished up a culinary courtroom serve" etc. - I think the journalists have been having fun with this.

"Australian television is brutal; it's very different from the UK" - Tom Parker-Bowles being quoted from London in my newspaper today.

Although Tom is "delighted" that the opposition channel's court injunction was rejected - although that channel has twenty-eight days in which it may appeal that decision - that isn't the end of things.

The other channel still has the right to a full court hearing.

The full interview will be online at some stage - if not already - I guess, if you're interested in the rest of Tom's take on matters.

"Hotplate's Tom gives a big serve to Seven" in the Confidential section of "The Sunday Telegraph" dated August 9th.

Last edited:
"Australian television is brutal; it's very different from the UK" - Tom Parker-Bowles being quoted from London in my newspaper today.

Although Tom is "delighted" that the opposition channel's court injunction was rejected - although that channel has twenty-eight days in which it may appeal that decision - that isn't the end of things.

The other channel still has the right to a full court hearing.

The full interview will be online at some stage - if not already - I guess, if you're interested in the rest of Tom's take on matters.

"Hotplate's Tom gives a big serve to Seven" in the Confidential section of "The Sunday Telegraph" dated August 9th.

Maybe if he can't take the heat he should stay out of the kitchen
... Sorry had to do it

Maybe if he can't take the heat he should stay out of the kitchen
... Sorry had to do it

You really know how to dish it out royal rob :lol:.

Oh Tom!

After thoroughly beating the other new food show that started when your's did - so much so it's being cancelled.

And after withstanding the legal challenge of a rival channel to take you off the air.

After being declared a success - so much so that the week's episodes are re-broadcast back to back at the weekend for anyone who wants to watch it all over again...

- The cats of the internet have been you're undoing.

Tom Parker-Bowles and "The Hot Plate" managed only 839,000 viewers across Australia the other night, while a compilation of you-tube videos of cats and kittens - put on by the rival channel in place of their not so successful food show, scored 1,567,000 watchers.

(And next week will be bad too - dog-lovers get their version. :dog: )

Last edited:
Again Tom Parker-Bowles has shown himself to be a very personable, very likeable, chap.

Tonight is the Grand Finale of "The Hot Plate" and Tom has had another sit-down interview - along side his fellow judge - on national TV here in Australia.

If this has been successful enough, perhaps there will be a second series next year.

Last edited:
Last edited by a moderator:
Imagine if other relatives of the royal family decided to judge a reality show :whistling:

Faux outrage all around :lol:

An interview with Tom from a few days ago - his new cooking show is now screening in Australia.

Interview starts about half way through -

(Great socks Tom.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom