Tom Parker Bowles, Sara Buys and Family: August 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tom and Sara attended Lady Annabel Goldsmith's Summer Party:

** rex gallery **

Last edited:
Tom Parker-Bowles is having a sit down interview with Tracey Grimshaw on "A Current Affair", nationally on Oz TV - currently Monday evening here.

Very, very animated talker - and lover of blindingly bright pink socks.

Will turn up online soonish I guess, for those interested. (Try "ninemsn".)

Interesting. I will say the Middletons would be raked over the coals for such an interview. Tom is also name dropping to promote his new tv show.

The Duchess of Cornwall’s son, Tom Parker-Bowles has spoken candidly about his life, his mother, Camilla, and being the step-son of The Prince of Wales, in an interview with 9 News Australia.

Tom is a food writer, critic and chef, having five successful cookbooks published too; he is currently a judge on Australian show ‘The Hot Plate’, having previously judged on ITV’s ‘Food Glorious Food’. In the interview, he said that his mother was never worried about school, and was always the good cop; he also praised Prince Charles and said he would make a fantastic King.
Read more: Tom Parker-Bowles interview: 'my mother was good cop' and Charles 'will make a fantastic king' - The Crown Chronicles

Last edited:
Tom Parker-Bowles has revealed how his idyllic family life was torn apart when news of his mother's scandalous affair with the married Prince of Wales made global headlines.

In 1992 a British tabloid published the now infamous ‘Camilla-gate’ tapes – an eight minute transcript of an embarrassingly intimate conversation between Prince Charles and his mistress Camilla.

The British press, who had long been reporting that the marriage between Charles and Princess Diana was on the rocks, went into a frenzy.

"It was entirely normal to be chased by these people on motorbikes or cars," remembers Parker-Bowles, discussing his adolescent experiences with the paparazzi.
Video and more: Tom Parker-Bowles opens up about going from 'straight-out commoner' to cultural critic - 9news.com.au

"Tom Parker-Bowles has revealed how his idyllic family life was torn apart when news of his mother's scandalous affair with the married Prince of Wales made global headlines."

Interesting how "idyllic" family life can be when one is ignorant. That had been going on for years as well as his father's various affairs.:whistling:

:previous:
Mr Parker Bowles says what he is expected to say. His interview sounds like a cheap PR campaign.

:previous:
Mr Parker Bowles says what he is expected to say. His interview sounds like a cheap PR campaign.

Can he say anything else? "My stepbrother William is duller than dull. I pity Catherine for having him as her spouse." Can he say that? No. Of course not. So he will always say the best and the most positive. And that is very wise indeed.

:flowers:

He could of said that he was only going to talk about his TV show and foodie job and not about the Royal Family but I would imagine that he might not be as newsworthy then.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Tom's career make him a public figure and he is interviewed for his books and televisions programs.

Tom was asked questions about his childhood and he answered.
He basically says the same thing in each interview with a few new bits of information added.

Does anyone have a link to the actual broadcast that they can possibly share? I am interested in knowing which grandmother said she was rubbish in school. Was it Ann or Rosalind?

Double standards .. If that was Carole Middleton giving interview and talking about the RF this forum would be in melt down. And don't tell me he has a business of his own and did it himself. He has always has royal connections and we can never know if he would be in this position if he didn't. The Middletons business was way before William.
Truly double standards

When appearing on a TV show that interviews people, its not the guest that usually writes out the questions being asked. Sarah ran the gamut of shows when promoting her TV series. She had nothing but good things to say about her ex husband and The Queen. I didn't expect anything different for Tom.

Tom always had Charles in his life since birth as that's his godfather. In a different interview he gave (its in this thread a few years back) he stated that he always called Charles "Sir" and it was always like "Sir is coming over" but over the years, the appellation was used as a fond term like "uncle".

Along with promoting his show, Tom had to take the good with the bad and that is that the media will always aim to get what "sells" from an interview. Up until now the Middletons have steered away from doing interviews with the media and of course they know the only reason for one would be to get the low down on the royal family.

Last edited:
May I ask a question that is puzzling me, since I am still in the process of getting caught up on the old history of the BRF. Why is Camilla's family protected at all costs, but the Middletons are treated so shabbily? Why is the same protection afforded to Camilla's children in the press not afforded to the Middleton's? I mean, Camilla's history with her prior husband with all his affairs, her affair, etc. is worthy of being torn apart in the press, certainly, even at this late a date. What have the Middleton's done? Nothing. It seems as if they have to walk an impossible line.

May I ask a question that is puzzling me, since I am still in the process of getting caught up on the old history of the BRF. Why is Camilla's family protected at all costs, but the Middletons are treated so shabbily? Why is the same protection afforded to Camilla's children in the press not afforded to the Middleton's? I mean, Camilla's history with her prior husband with all his affairs, her affair, etc. is worthy of being torn apart in the press, certainly, even at this late a date. What have the Middleton's done? Nothing. It seems as if they have to walk an impossible line.

What comes to mind for me is that the Middletons are so picked on nastily is because they do not make themselves available to the press nor do they step out of line and do outrageous things.

I think the Parker-Bowles family has always been in and around the BRF for a very long time and they've become "wise in the ways" of press manipulation. When they are interviewed (and I'll add Sarah to this mix too) they have routine inane tidbits to make the media feel they got a story but means a hill of beans if you ask me.

What comes to mind for me is that the Middletons are so picked on nastily is because they do not make themselves available to the press nor do they step out of line and do outrageous things.

I think the Parker-Bowles family has always been in and around the BRF for a very long time and they've become "wise in the ways" of press manipulation. When they are interviewed (and I'll add Sarah to this mix too) they have routine inane tidbits to make the media feel they got a story but means a hill of beans if you ask me.
I have to agree Osipi though I'd add that the Shand/Parker-Bowles family is possibly viewed as being part of the gentry who have been associated with the BRF for some decades now. Also the Spencers and the Fergusons had that association with the Firm as well. The Middletons are perhaps considered to be "new money" in some parts of of British society and the press.

I have to agree Osipi though I'd add that the Shand/Parker-Bowles family is possibly viewed as being part of the gentry who have been associated with the BRF for some decades now. Also the Spencers and the Fergusons had that association with the Firm as well. The Middletons are perhaps considered to be "new money" in some parts of of British society and the press.

Yes I think some people think the Middletons have risen above their station and they haven't got the blue blood some think still exists !!! A nice happy caring hard working family but not good enough for some people

Also I do believe that some of the uglier things written about the Middletons is done to try and provoke a response from the family.

I'm not sure I understand your point when you say Camilla's children are afforded protection. Are you suggesting they are somehow responsible for the actions of their parents? Neither have done anything to warrant criticism (and neither have Mike and Carol Middleton).

If you mean the press shield them by not writing nasty articles about Camilla and Andrew, you obviously don't remember the 1990's. There is nothing that has been written about the Middletons that even comes close to the vitriol written about Camilla during the break-up of the Wales' marriage.

I don't believe the Middletons deserve what is written about them or press intrusion but I also don't believe Tom or Laura have done anything to warrant similar treatment.

It's a terrible show could only watch 10 mins. Two new restaurant shows started tonight one not too bad but his is not very good. It will be interesting to see how the ratings go he might get more viewers because of his royal connections

Double standards .. If that was Carole Middleton giving interview and talking about the RF this forum would be in melt down. And don't tell me he has a business of his own and did it himself. He has always has royal connections and we can never know if he would be in this position if he didn't. The Middletons business was way before William.
Truly double standards Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

I agreee, but I also think the double standard eases with time. Had Tom done this interview in year 3 of the marriage people would not be so sang froid.

Camilla's family partly belongs to the genrty (her former husband Brigadier Andrew Parker Bowles, her father Major Bruce Middleton Hope Shand, her son Tom Parker Bowles being a godson to the future King, etc.) and to the aristocracy (the Barons Ashcome, the Barons Edmonstone, the Earls Keppel, the Baronets Napier MacNab, etc.).

So most likely it is the known reflex towards the Middletons: "Don't stick up your nose in the air, after all you are as common as me" while for the Duchess of Cornwall's side of that sort of milieu was maybe "more their natural habitat".

Last edited:
Can he say anything else? "My stepbrother William is duller than dull. I pity Catherine for having him as her spouse." Can he say that? No. Of course not. So he will always say the best and the most positive. And that is very wise indeed.

:flowers:
I mean no disrespect, so please son't take it as a criticism but what makes you think William is dull?? I have always seen him as someone who is suspicious and cautious around the media but I haven't heard anyone who really knows him use those words, he seems like a nice young man who is very protective of his family, as he should be. He suffered a terrible tragedy at a very vulnerable age, which I am sure shaped him plus he has witnessed both side of his family being ridiculed in the press on an almost daily basis, I would be cautious too. :flowers:

If you look at the history of the British Crown.. Nothing is the 'treatment' or reception of the Middletons by the public is even REMOTELY surprising...

'New blood' marrying into [and especially women BEARING heirs in] the direct line have always come with a 'clan' rightly or wrongly [in the Middletons' case] perceived as unduly gaining access to 'power' or undue social/financial influence..

To name but a few..the Woodvilles. the Boleyns or the Seymours [or more lately the Tecks or the Mountbattens], all were viewed with suspicion in this way. This pesky PR problem was neatly solved by marrying foreign royals. Now that option is less favoured, and the 'Mail et al' are merely tying to recreate it.. to flog print.

The Parker-Bowles' are less exposed since they have no progeny in the direct line, but the Middletons are at risk.. fortunately they play a difficult hand with exemplary skill and rectitude...

Truly double standards

what is your point exactly? what is different between tom and carole exactly that would make a difference as to their treatment by us if they talk to the press?

Sure, but follow the thread a bit and then you will see it is a response on a question earlier why the media treat the Parker-Bowleses differently from the Middletons. By the way, a very royalborn person as the late Queen Juliana of the Netherlands (linked to all royal dynasties) would stress herself being a commoner, exact like Tom did.... (in the meantime still receiving VIP-treatment of course....).

Last edited:
If you look at the history of the British Crown.. Nothing is the 'treatment' or reception of the Middletons by the public is even REMOTELY surprising...

'New blood' marrying into [and especially women BEARING heirs in] the direct line have always come with a 'clan' rightly or wrongly [in the Middletons' case] perceived as unduly gaining access to 'power' or undue social/financial influence..

To name but a few..the Woodvilles. the Boleyns or the Seymours [or more lately the Tecks or the Mountbattens], all were viewed with suspicion in this way. This pesky PR problem was neatly solved by marrying foreign royals. Now that option is less favoured, and the 'Mail et al' are merely tying to recreate it.. to flog print.

The Parker-Bowles' are less exposed since they have no progeny in the direct line, but the Middletons are at risk.. fortunately they play a difficult hand with exemplary skill and rectitude...

I don't think the Earl Spencer or the Earl of Strathmore and Kinghorne or others were met with that suspiction...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom