Tom Parker Bowles, Sara Buys and Family: August 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In an interview during his tour promoting his book, Tom Parker Bowles said the baby was due in October.

According to this week's edition of Hello magazine Camilla told their reporter, while she was visiting her old school a few weeks ago, that the baby was due on October 8th. She said she was visiting her old school so she could get her hands in with the 'little ones'.:flowers:

Yesterday TPB was on Sirrius Sat Radio (sounded quite nice) saying the baby was due this week. Congratulations to all!!

Why would Prince Charles give Camilla's kids a trust...I just read that in another thread. Was he required to do that upon his marriage to Camilla...??

Why would Prince Charles give Camilla's kids a trust...I just read that in another thread. Was he required to do that upon his marriage to Camilla...??

Actually it is a rumor not a fact that Charles gave Tom and Laura million pound trust funds. Tom has outright denied they received a trust from Charles. (Tom takes advantage of the interviews he does to push his books to explain or deny etc stories that have come out on the press on him.) The trust fund story came out then it was denied in other articles. IIRC CH also denied it.

The trust fund if it happened was due to Charles feeling that the Parker Bowles children deserved something for everything that happened.

Tom Parker Bowles and Sara Buys and Family

Prince Charles' wife Camilla becomes a grandmother

Prince Charles' wife Camilla becomes a grandmother - International Herald Tribune

LONDON: Prince Charles' wife, Camilla, became a grandmother Tuesday after her son's wife gave birth to a girl, the palace announced.
The Duchess of Cornwall's son, Tom Parker Bowles, and his wife, Sara Buys, have named their daughter Lola.

congratulations to Tom and Sara, Camilla and Prince Charles, Andrew and Rosemary and Sara's parents.Cann't wait to see the photos of the baby girl:wub:

I am so lucky to be the first one to post this news.:D.I became an auntie yesterday as wellbecause my sister delivered her son. I suppose Lola and my nephew can be born on the same day?:lol:

Last edited:
Congratulations Love_CC! And congratulations to Tom and Sara. I'm not sure about the name Lola but who knows, maybe she'll be a showgirl.

(Sorry, had to be the first to get in a Manilow gag).

Baby Girl for Tom Parker Bowles and Sara Buys: Lola

Prince Charles' wife Camilla becomes a grandmother
Prince Charles' wife Camilla becomes a grandmother - International Herald Tribune

LONDON: Prince Charles' wife, Camilla, became a grandmother Tuesday after her son's wife gave birth to a girl, the palace announced.
The Duchess of Cornwall's son, Tom Parker Bowles, and his wife, Sara Buys, have named their daughter Lola.

congralations on Tom and Sara, Camilla and Charles, Andrew and Rosemary and Sara's parents and stepparent.:wub:

Congratulations Love_CC! And congratulations to Tom and Sara. I'm not sure about the name Lola but who knows, maybe she'll be a showgirl.

(Sorry, had to be the first to get in a Manilow gag).

It was The Kinks' "Lola" that sprang into my mind! :lol:

Congratulations Love_CC, and Tom & Sara.

thanks everyone... thank for the suggestion of "Charlie and Lola" suggestion, Sesa. Then I just wonder if Laura to have a baby boy, would they pick up the name "Charlie"? Charles and Harry, Harry and Charlie... What a coincidence?

Congratulations to the family, hope all is going well. I think it is a very nice name, very popular in the US.

The choice of the name has greatly surprised me ...

Congratulations to the couple and the family!!!
Although the name "Lola" seems very strange in the British context, it is one of the national Uzbek names. The meaning is sweet. However, some sites claim that Lola means "cloud" in Latin. Others say that Lola is a short form of Dolores, which means "sorrows".

Last edited:
Congratulations to the couple and the family!!!
Although the name "Lola" seems very strange in the British context, it is one of the national Uzbek names. The meaning is sweet. However, some sites claim that Lola means "cloud" in Latin. Other say that Lola is a short form of Dolores, which means "sorrows".

The "Lola" name, especially as a nickname, has become something of a celebrity trend in recent years. I don't know why. Madonna's daughter, Lourdes, was called Lola. Maybe she is still called Lola, but I don't know. Denise Richards had a daughter Lola. Sometimes the daughter of Kate Moss, Lila Grace, is called Lola in media reports, but I don't know if Kate actually calls her that. I think it's a popular name, though I think it's usually a nickname, for Lolita or as you say, for Dolores, or something else. It will be interesting to see if it is the case for the little Parker Bowles baby.

In any case, Hello! now has the story, accompanied by old but nice pictures:
Camilla 'absolutely thrilled' as she becomes grandma for first time
LA DUQUESA DE CORNUALLES HA SIDO ABUELA

Congratulations to Camilla and the couple.

Although Lola seems to be a fashionable name these days, it makes me want to sing Barry Manilow songs.

What great news! Congratulations from me to for the whole family!

The first grandchild for Camilla that's something so special and
wonderful, I'm sure she's absolutely proud and Charles can get
an idea of how it will be when he'll get a "real" grandfather himself ;)

Can't wait for a pic of Lola with her royal grandparents :flowers:

I would expect little Lola to get a peerage one day. If there was no step involved, she'd be a Princess wouldn't she? As grand-daughter of the future King? Well, they won't go that far but I hope they do make her a Countess or something.

I doubt it...I mean I'd be surprised. Tom and his wife are pretty much private citizens, no? I can't see why they'd want their daughter to have that baggage.

Last edited by a moderator:
Oh, I meant when Charles becomes King. It'd be quite sad for William and Harrys children to get gongs and for Charles's step grandchildren to miss out.

Oh, I meant when Charles becomes King. It'd be quite sad for William and Harrys children to get gongs and for Charles's step grandchildren to miss out.

I never thought about that...it's certainly an interesting topic. I would still go with no though for now...I just think public reaction would figure in and I can't see many people supporting that for some reason. I'm sure they would still get the same perks though...

I would expect little Lola to get a peerage one day. If there was no step involved, she'd be a Princess wouldn't she? As grand-daughter of the future King? Well, they won't go that far but I hope they do make her a Countess or something.

Well, I guess Zembla has a point about Tom & Sara wanting to be private citizens. After all, Tom made it pretty clear during his book tour in the US that he & Sara and Laura & Harry Lopes are not part of the royal family, by choice. They don't want to be part of the royal stuff. They want to be close to the Waleses' family life, but not the royal stuff.

All the same, I hope that when Charles is king he gives Tom & Laura some kind of title or honorary position. At the very least, something like Mountbatten was called his "honorary grandfather". Maybe Tom & Laura can be made His Majesty's honorary children, and then Lola and Laura's child will be the royal honorary grandchildren.

:flowers: I'm glad Sara and the baby are fine but surpised they picked a hyper trendy name like Lola. If they wanted to use a "L" name why not try "Leila" is pretty or "Lana"? I don't think Lola will need a peerage as everyone will know she has Step grandpa King Charles! Can't wait to see Lola and her soon to be born cousin on Tatler!
Plum

William and Harry are born royal therefore their chn will have titles. Tom and Sara's chn will not have titles.

Stellad

congratulations to the parents and grandparents.
I'm not so keen of the name Lola because it reminds me of a dutch song in wich this name is not so positively used. But if you listen to the sound of the name itselfs it sounds ok.

Congratulations to Tom and Sara, as well as both their families! :flowers: Lola is a beautiful name IMO, I love it! And their little girl is cute as a button (from what we can see in pics)

I have been searching with no success for Tom and Sara's wedding pictures. Could somone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom