The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-30-2008, 04:19 PM
Administrator

Thanks iceflower. I don't know who she is...but that doesnt mean anything. I usually recognize some London socialites via Hello and the Daily Mail

Hmm...I wonder if she knew she was attending the event. I guess by the top she did but the bottom half?!

Old 09-30-2008, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Tom and Sara always look like they just got up in the morning --- rumpled hair, haphazardly dressed --- really sloppy. Hard to believe that she works on a fashion magazine -

Old 10-01-2008, 04:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
Tom and Sara always look like they just got up in the morning --- rumpled hair, haphazardly dressed --- really sloppy. Hard to believe that she works on a fashion magazine -
I think it is safe to say a lot of us don't really fully appreciate Sara's sense of fashion, eg her dress at the wedding of C&C...... but I think Tom can look quite dishy, in a calm casual sort of way!!
Old 10-01-2008, 04:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

To say the least they are not an attractive couple.
Old 10-02-2008, 02:53 AM
Royal Highness

I´ve read in different sources that Tom is a really friendly and charming chap and that specially Camilla likes her daugter-in-law because she brings some steadiness in her sons life.
So i agree that their fashion style isn´t always the best choice but despite of this i think they are a nice couple.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
I´ve read in different sources that Tom is a really friendly and charming chap and that specially Camilla likes her daugter-in-law because she brings some steadiness in her sons life.
So i agree that their fashion style isn´t always the best choice but despite of this i think they are a nice couple.
As for his looks: he is a gourmet writer - these guys always look "non-skinny" as in "Never trust a skinny cook". I think he looks just fine, he has a smile that reaches his eyes and the way he looks at his family in some pics tells me that he really likes them. As for Sara: in my experience those editors who don't wear the "uniform" of their job, either the blacks or the over-fashionable outfits are those who survive because they're good in what they are doing. I've met many female editors, especially in fashion, who looked definately mousey but had that certain feeling for the "real" stuff which tells, which you can communicate to your readers whhile others did only very superfluous fashion reports. So for me they look just fine considering their professional backgrounds.

And as you can see with the pics of the Honorable Sophia Fermor-Hesketh, model, if you are from the right stable you can get away with looking like any hooker.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-02-2008, 03:56 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca View Post
They are probably extremely nice, but what I meant is that they are far from being good-looking.
Old 10-02-2008, 04:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
They are probably extremely nice, but what I meant is that they are far from being good-looking.
But that's life, isn't it. A lot of people are not good-looking. Some are outright ugly despite all efforts of self-improvement. Still there are so many decent people around that it is nice to live. And at least we can be sure that their little Eliza is not going to be treated with Botox at age 8!
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 10-18-2008, 12:55 PM
Royal Highness

Tom Parker Bowles slams his mum´s kitchen
October 18

Tom Parker Bowles slams his mum's kitchen - mirror.co.uk

( a good example for an article with a big headline... but lack of any substance...)
Old 10-20-2008, 02:49 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camilla_Gladys View Post
What a great photo, thank you for posting it
Old 10-29-2008, 03:27 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 19.10.2008

Tom Parker-Bowles attends the charity event 'Too Many Critics' at the
Royal Exchange on October 19, 2008 in London, England. Chefs turn the
tables on top restaurant critics who lay down their pens to prepare a
dinner for two hundred at the Royal Exchange's Grand Cafe and Bar in
the City in aid of charity 'Action Against Hunger'.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **
Old 12-13-2008, 05:13 AM

Tom ... =D

http://www.alamy.com/thumbs/6/%7BE18...%7D/B445H8.jpg
http://www.alamy.com/thumbs/3/%7B3C4...%7D/AN7E4E.jpg
Old 12-13-2008, 08:23 PM
Courtier

If Charles and Camilla had married in the 70's, the little boy in the pics, could have been the heir to the throne. He does look very much like William at that age.
Old 12-13-2008, 10:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine View Post
As for his looks: he is a gourmet writer - these guys always look "non-skinny" as in "Never trust a skinny cook". I think he looks just fine, he has a smile that reaches his eyes and the way he looks at his family in some pics tells me that he really likes them. As for Sara: in my experience those editors who don't wear the "uniform" of their job, either the blacks or the over-fashionable outfits are those who survive because they're good in what they are doing. I've met many female editors, especially in fashion, who looked definately mousey but had that certain feeling for the "real" stuff which tells, which you can communicate to your readers whhile others did only very superfluous fashion reports. So for me they look just fine considering their professional backgrounds.

And as you can see with the pics of the Honorable Sophia Fermor-Hesketh, model, if you are from the right stable you can get away with looking like any hooker.
I have seen Tom Parker Bowles on American TV and he seemed like a very nice guy - not affected at all. Sara, whom I have only seen in magazine photos, probably is a very nice person, also. She does sway towards some fashion looks, but does not seem to be a fashion victim. However, both she and Tom should take a minute to comb their hair and clean themselves up a bit. Considering their professional backgrounds, a bit of good grooming would do them both some good and lend some credence
to their credentials.
Old 12-14-2008, 02:46 AM

Tom should not change at all, imo. He is just so classic. He's tom, ya know, just good ol' Tom PB. He's always been like he is and he is just so hilarious. Like when he wore pink socks to one of those celeb funerals, forgot which one, sorry. Or when he said his father was silver stick in waiting and he didn't know exactly what that meant, except it had something to do with assisting the gold stick in waiting!!!! How can you not love this guy? He's freakin' cool.
Old 12-14-2008, 05:49 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am sorry but I find them both extremely boring and of no interest whatsoever but then, I have just written something on their thread. Pink socks, well that sounds interesting for once.
Old 12-15-2008, 05:05 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I am sorry but I find them both extremely boring and of no interest whatsoever but then, I have just written something on their thread. Pink socks, well that sounds interesting for once.
I don'tlnowvery much abvout these two (other than that she is usually quite badly dressed) but I am sure Tom is under instructions to stay out of the news, so "boring" = "well done"
Old 12-15-2008, 06:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

I agree that a great advantage being related to a royal family is to be boring but I think Tom overdoes it a bit.
Old 12-15-2008, 11:18 AM
Administrator

Quote:
I am sorry but I find them both extremely boring and of no interest whatsoever...
Yet you've made four posts on this page alone!
Old 12-15-2008, 11:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

I´m bored Warren, absolutely nothing else to do but talk about boring people when I am bored.
OK I get the hint. (It still doesn´t make him interesting though).

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, sara buys, tom parker bowles