The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-17-2007, 06:41 AM
Nobility

It was always said that Pr Charles had hoped for a daughter - but with his marriage to Diana breaking up there was no opportunity for further children after William and Harry. So I think it is lovely that he now has a (step) granddaughter.

I must admit that I don't particularly like the name Lola - but Lola Rosalind sound nice together.

On the C of E or RC question, I had presumed that Tom and Laura would be RC because of their father. But I was a little surprised at both weddings, as they seemed to be in C of E churches? Or did I misread the press/media reports at the time?

Old 10-17-2007, 11:23 AM
Aristocracy

No both were COE. Tom and Laura were raised RC until Andrew's mother died since she really wanted them raised RC. I don't think Andrew cared quite as much as his mother. Tom and Laura probably married in COE due to their spouses and will I would guess will raise their children that way.

Old 10-17-2007, 01:06 PM
Imperial Majesty

Laura attended St. Mary's, Shaftesbury, a Catholic girls school in Dorset, England, Tom attended a secular school, Eton. Even though they married in an Anglican church, it is still possible they have agreed to bring the children up as catholic, there has been no apparent record of them renouncing their faith. We possibly won't get to know.
Old 10-17-2007, 02:11 PM
Serene Highness

imo it's none of my business what religion they practice. they seem to be a nice, down to earth, lovely couple i don't care if they're druids :) (no disrespect to any druids) i like seeing news about them but wouldn't wish the prying, glaring spotlight on their new family, a new baby is adjustment enough without the tabs on the doorstep. i can't wait to see PC with the new baby girl, lucky little lola -don't you know they all just adore her. i wonder if her step-uncles have seen her yet (talk about a millon$ pic) wonder what's she's going to call them? pow and doc LOL
Old 10-18-2007, 06:01 AM

I bet they married COE on account of their spouses, like cde and skydragon said. In that case, how Lola is raised in terms of religious affiliation is likely to be unknown to us; of course it is a private matter for private people. Somehow I feel that it's safe to put the money on Sara in that "debate," however. I don't know why exactly. Tom just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to have a strong preference in these kinds of matters, so I can imagine that he will leave that entirely up to Sara.

Lola will call William Wombat of course, and Harry Ginger.
Old 10-20-2007, 06:21 PM
Serene Highness

So the man who had to marry a virgin is now a step grandfather, it's pathetic. RIP the monarchy.
Old 10-20-2007, 07:28 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by angela View Post
So the man who had to marry a virgin is now a step grandfather, it's pathetic. RIP the monarchy.
Well...blended families are something that exist now. A lot changes in 20 years...
Old 10-26-2007, 01:52 PM
Nobility

Happy Birthday Duchess Camilla grandmother and first grandchildren Lola!!!
Old 10-28-2007, 03:43 PM
Nobility

I am happy for Camilla! But I still do not understand the name...
Old 10-28-2007, 04:52 PM
Nobility

Congratulations to the whole family!!

The little girl looks cute, but I, too, am not particularly keen on the name. I thought they would have chosen something more traditional, but if the parents like it then it's up to them...they could have chosen something a lot worse I suppose!!

So...who do we predict for godparents? I have a feeling they'll choose Prince William as a godfather, and Laura Lopes for a godmother. They seem to be family orientated so I can imagine them choosing some family members.
Old 10-28-2007, 04:59 PM
Nobility

If you look at Sara and see what she wears, I completely see why they chose such a rare name.
Old 10-28-2007, 07:12 PM
Aristocracy

Naming William or Harry as godfather would be a smart choice. Camilla won't be around forever and if they want the royal connections to last, why not form a lifelong bond between a baby and her royal godparent? As someone mentioned before, Lola IS a commoner. Sorry if this sounds cynical.
Old 10-29-2007, 05:26 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nichola View Post
So...who do we predict for godparents? I have a feeling they'll choose Prince William as a godfather, and Laura Lopes for a godmother. They seem to be family orientated so I can imagine them choosing some family members.
I'll join in the guessing game, why not? I say: Ben Elliot, PW or PH but certainly not both, someone connected to Sara (maybe a sister of Sara or fashion industry person), and maybe for the fourth person, Laura Lopes. Of course Harry Lopes is possible, if not a royal person. After all, they already have the cachet of royal godparentage (Tom & Charles) but then, as far as society is concerned, one never is connected by too much of these things. It would be nice for PW or PH. I think both of them just have one godchild each. For Harry, Tiggy's kid, right? For William, Prince Constantinos Alexios?
Old 11-15-2007, 03:39 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Pics 14.11.2007

Tom Parker Bowles attends a private dinner hosted by Evgeny
Lebedev to launch his new restaurant Sake No Hana, Nov. 14,
2007 in London, England. Benett/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 12-05-2007, 09:46 PM
Gentry

Tom Parker Bowles was a guest on NBC's TODAY show here in the US today. He was promoting his book about Dangerous Foods. During one of the 2 cooking segments he made Camilla's Chicken. The other segment with a Tripe dish features another person well known to those here and the British Royal Family. You can see the video to that segment on the right of this page too.
Tom Parker Bowles’ royally delicious dishes - TODAY: Food & Wine - MSNBC.com
Old 03-14-2008, 03:11 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 13.3.2008

Tom and Sara Parker Bowles attend The Feast of Albion:
Quintessentially Gala Banquet in aid of the Soil Association,
at the Guildhall on March 13, 2008 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 05-02-2008, 02:00 AM
Super Moderator

Pics 1.5.2008

Tom and Sara Parker Bowles attend the 10th Anniversary Party
of The Lavender Trust where Nigella Lawson, Thandie Newton,
Justine Picardie, Emma Thompson and Lucy Yeomans show their
support for younger women with breast cancer by hosting tonight's
event sponsered by John Frieda Collection and NUDE, at Claridge's
Hotel on May 1, 2008 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 06-14-2008, 04:51 PM
Aristocracy

Lola was christened last week in Chapel Royal at St. James Palace or I love how Tom put it " a small place in town"

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/news...l-baptism.html
Old 06-20-2008, 04:15 PM
Super Moderator

Pics 24.5.2008

Thank you for the link, cde, it would have been nice to see
a group picture from the baptism...

Tom and Sara spent some days in Italy, here are some pics
from May 24 - elegant and very casual...

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **
Old 06-21-2008, 07:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
Lola was christened last week in Chapel Royal at St. James Palace or I love how Tom put it " a small place in town".
I love his sense of humour, and that he is obviously at ease with the blended family.

Any idea who the Godparents were?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, sara buys, tom parker bowles