The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-10-2007, 07:12 PM

Oh, I meant when Charles becomes King. It'd be quite sad for William and Harrys children to get gongs and for Charles's step grandchildren to miss out.

Old 10-10-2007, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Oh, I meant when Charles becomes King. It'd be quite sad for William and Harrys children to get gongs and for Charles's step grandchildren to miss out.
I never thought about that...it's certainly an interesting topic. I would still go with no though for now...I just think public reaction would figure in and I can't see many people supporting that for some reason. I'm sure they would still get the same perks though...

Old 10-10-2007, 07:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I would expect little Lola to get a peerage one day. If there was no step involved, she'd be a Princess wouldn't she? As grand-daughter of the future King? Well, they won't go that far but I hope they do make her a Countess or something.
Well, I guess Zembla has a point about Tom & Sara wanting to be private citizens. After all, Tom made it pretty clear during his book tour in the US that he & Sara and Laura & Harry Lopes are not part of the royal family, by choice. They don't want to be part of the royal stuff. They want to be close to the Waleses' family life, but not the royal stuff.

All the same, I hope that when Charles is king he gives Tom & Laura some kind of title or honorary position. At the very least, something like Mountbatten was called his "honorary grandfather". Maybe Tom & Laura can be made His Majesty's honorary children, and then Lola and Laura's child will be the royal honorary grandchildren.
Old 10-10-2007, 08:32 PM
Aristocracy

I'm glad Sara and the baby are fine but surpised they picked a hyper trendy name like Lola. If they wanted to use a "L" name why not try "Leila" is pretty or "Lana"? I don't think Lola will need a peerage as everyone will know she has Step grandpa King Charles! Can't wait to see Lola and her soon to be born cousin on Tatler!
Plum
Old 10-10-2007, 11:24 PM
Courtier

William and Harry are born royal therefore their chn will have titles. Tom and Sara's chn will not have titles.

Stellad
Old 10-11-2007, 06:47 AM
Royal Highness

Camilla´s new granddaughter makes first public appearance

After the Palace announced the Duchess of Cornwall had become a grandmother for the first time, royal watchers waited eagerly for a glimpse of the new arrival.

Camilla's new granddaughter makes first public appearance

Tom, Sara and Lola
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

Little Lola
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!
Old 10-11-2007, 07:06 AM
Aristocracy

congratulations to the parents and grandparents.
I'm not so keen of the name Lola because it reminds me of a dutch song in wich this name is not so positively used. But if you listen to the sound of the name itselfs it sounds ok.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:13 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Congratulations to Tom and Sara, as well as both their families! Lola is a beautiful name IMO, I love it! And their little girl is cute as a button (from what we can see in pics)
Old 10-11-2007, 07:24 AM

It's wonderful. Sara looks amazing. It looks like she bounced back immediately. She had the baby and the next day she is on her feet again. It's like "first time" mothers often say: The first time is a breeze, ey? That is what I always hear.
LOLA, LA PRIMERA NIETA DE LA DUQUESA DE CORNUALLES, HACE SU PRIMERA APARICIÓN
Old 10-11-2007, 12:16 PM
Aristocracy

I have been searching with no success for Tom and Sara's wedding pictures. Could somone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
Old 10-11-2007, 12:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallyvee View Post
I have been searching with no success for Tom and Sara's wedding pictures. Could somone point me in the right direction? Thanks.
I have one photo from the wedding in my photobucket.
From Hello!'s website

Telegraph | Picture Gallery | TOM PARKER BOWLES MARRIES SARA BUYS
Article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.../nbowles11.xml
The Royal Forums: Royal Weddings --> http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums...05-a-7086.html
Old 10-11-2007, 06:29 PM
Heir Apparent

the full name is actually LOLA ROSALIND PARKER-BOWLES. isn't it nice? i think i quite like the combination. sounds adorable, lola rosalind.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-11-2007, 07:00 PM
Serene Highness

I like the first and middle names together for this new little one. A rather popular morning show host named her daughter Lola here in America so the name has grown on me in recent years.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:22 PM

Lola Rosalind is brilliant. The combination is nice. Rosalind was the name of Camilla's mother, very nice.
Old 10-15-2007, 06:56 PM

I don't see this posted yet, so here goes. A report on the Daily Mail dated for today has pics of Camilla visiting Lola at their (Tom & Sara's) home in Notting Hill. You can't see Lola at all, although Sara does carry her as they go outside to see Camilla off. Tom just makes me giggle everytime I see him. (God bless him, look at his shoes!)

The Daily Mail: "Granny Camilla is Her Royal Happiness as she visits granddaughter Lola," 15 October 2007
Beth Hale reports.... --> Read here
Old 10-15-2007, 07:35 PM
Nobility

baby girl for tom and sara

So the Daily Mail can print a positive article about HRH.
By the way where is the white hair? She did not look in distress. She looked very happy and proud-as she should.
Old 10-15-2007, 07:58 PM
Nobility

Good wishes to baby Lola and her parents....Now, will Charles provide organic baby food and compostible disposible diapers?????

What will this baby call her Grandmother? Or her Grandmother's husband???

LOL!

"Granny" belongs to Her Majesty!
Old 10-15-2007, 08:36 PM
Nobility

Her name is Lola! Copa Cabana!

Congrats to her family!
Old 10-16-2007, 10:07 PM

I forgot about the baptism. Yes, that will be nice, although certainly private with a capital 'P'. With the connections of Tom and Sara, it will be a society christening, no doubt, and lots of well-known and fashionable people will be there: all the Parker Bowles, the Elliots, the Goldsmiths, of course the Wales family. Please, I don't want to start a debate about whether Tom is Catholic or CoE, but it will be interesting to see if Lola is christened in Catholic faith like the Parker Bowles tradition. I don't mean "interesting" in the dodgy way the Daily Mail might make it out to be. Just plain old innocent interesting, without any hidden agendas or insinuations.
Old 10-17-2007, 05:33 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio View Post
I don't want to start a debate about whether Tom is Catholic or CoE,
I understand both Tom and Laura are practising Catholics. They were christened into the faith, Camilla was not.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, sara buys, tom parker bowles