Tom Parker Bowles, Sara Buys and Family: August 2005-

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been searching with no success for Tom and Sara's wedding pictures. Could somone point me in the right direction? Thanks.

I have one photo from the wedding in my photobucket.
From Hello!'s website

Telegraph | Picture Gallery | TOM PARKER BOWLES MARRIES SARA BUYS
Article: http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2005/09/11/nbowles11.xml
The Royal Forums: Royal Weddings --> http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f31/tom-parker-bowles-sara-buys-2005-a-7086.html

Last edited:
the full name is actually LOLA ROSALIND PARKER-BOWLES. isn't it nice? i think i quite like the combination. sounds adorable, lola rosalind.

I like the first and middle names together for this new little one. A rather popular morning show host named her daughter Lola here in America so the name has grown on me in recent years.

Lola Rosalind is brilliant. The combination is nice. Rosalind was the name of Camilla's mother, very nice.

I don't see this posted yet, so here goes. A report on the Daily Mail dated for today has pics of Camilla visiting Lola at their (Tom & Sara's) home in Notting Hill. You can't see Lola at all, although Sara does carry her as they go outside to see Camilla off. Tom just makes me giggle everytime I see him. :lol: (God bless him, look at his shoes!)

The Daily Mail: "Granny Camilla is Her Royal Happiness as she visits granddaughter Lola," 15 October 2007
Beth Hale reports.... --> Read here

baby girl for tom and sara

So the Daily Mail can print a positive article about HRH.
By the way where is the white hair? She did not look in distress. She looked very happy and proud-as she should.:flowers:

Good wishes to baby Lola and her parents....Now, will Charles provide organic baby food and compostible disposible diapers?????

What will this baby call her Grandmother? Or her Grandmother's husband???

LOL!

"Granny" belongs to Her Majesty!

Her name is Lola! Copa Cabana!

Congrats to her family!

I forgot about the baptism. Yes, that will be nice, although certainly private with a capital 'P'. With the connections of Tom and Sara, it will be a society christening, no doubt, and lots of well-known and fashionable people will be there: all the Parker Bowles, the Elliots, the Goldsmiths, of course the Wales family. Please, I don't want to start a debate about whether Tom is Catholic or CoE, but it will be interesting to see if Lola is christened in Catholic faith like the Parker Bowles tradition. I don't mean "interesting" in the dodgy way the Daily Mail might make it out to be. Just plain old innocent interesting, without any hidden agendas or insinuations. :cool:

I don't want to start a debate about whether Tom is Catholic or CoE, :cool:
I understand both Tom and Laura are practising Catholics. :flowers: They were christened into the faith, Camilla was not. :flowers:

It was always said that Pr Charles had hoped for a daughter - but with his marriage to Diana breaking up there was no opportunity for further children after William and Harry. So I think it is lovely that he now has a (step) granddaughter.

I must admit that I don't particularly like the name Lola - but Lola Rosalind sound nice together.

On the C of E or RC question, I had presumed that Tom and Laura would be RC because of their father. But I was a little surprised at both weddings, as they seemed to be in C of E churches? Or did I misread the press/media reports at the time?

No both were COE. Tom and Laura were raised RC until Andrew's mother died since she really wanted them raised RC. I don't think Andrew cared quite as much as his mother. Tom and Laura probably married in COE due to their spouses and will I would guess will raise their children that way.

Last edited by a moderator:
Laura attended St. Mary's, Shaftesbury, a Catholic girls school in Dorset, England, Tom attended a secular school, Eton. Even though they married in an Anglican church, it is still possible they have agreed to bring the children up as catholic, there has been no apparent record of them renouncing their faith. We possibly won't get to know. :flowers:

imo it's none of my business what religion they practice. they seem to be a nice, down to earth, lovely couple i don't care if they're druids :) (no disrespect to any druids) i like seeing news about them but wouldn't wish the prying, glaring spotlight on their new family, a new baby is adjustment enough without the tabs on the doorstep. i can't wait to see PC with the new baby girl, lucky little lola -don't you know they all just adore her. i wonder if her step-uncles have seen her yet (talk about a millon$ pic) wonder what's she's going to call them? pow and doc LOL

I bet they married COE on account of their spouses, like cde and skydragon said. In that case, how Lola is raised in terms of religious affiliation is likely to be unknown to us; of course it is a private matter for private people. Somehow I feel that it's safe to put the money on Sara in that "debate," :rolleyes: however. I don't know why exactly. Tom just doesn't seem like the kind of guy to have a strong preference in these kinds of matters, so I can imagine that he will leave that entirely up to Sara.

Lola will call William Wombat of course, and Harry Ginger. :D

So the man who had to marry a virgin is now a step grandfather, it's pathetic. RIP the monarchy.

So the man who had to marry a virgin is now a step grandfather, it's pathetic. RIP the monarchy.

Well...blended families are something that exist now. A lot changes in 20 years...

Happy Birthday Duchess Camilla grandmother and first grandchildren Lola!!!

Congratulations to the whole family!!:flowers:

The little girl looks cute:wub:, but I, too, am not particularly keen on the name:ermm:. I thought they would have chosen something more traditional, but if the parents like it then it's up to them...they could have chosen something a lot worse I suppose!!

So...who do we predict for godparents? I have a feeling they'll choose Prince William as a godfather, and Laura Lopes for a godmother. They seem to be family orientated so I can imagine them choosing some family members.

If you look at Sara and see what she wears, I completely see why they chose such a rare name.

Naming William or Harry as godfather would be a smart choice. Camilla won't be around forever and if they want the royal connections to last, why not form a lifelong bond between a baby and her royal godparent? As someone mentioned before, Lola IS a commoner. Sorry if this sounds cynical.

So...who do we predict for godparents? I have a feeling they'll choose Prince William as a godfather, and Laura Lopes for a godmother. They seem to be family orientated so I can imagine them choosing some family members.

I'll join in the guessing game, why not? I say: Ben Elliot, PW or PH but certainly not both, someone connected to Sara (maybe a sister of Sara or fashion industry person), and maybe for the fourth person, Laura Lopes. Of course Harry Lopes is possible, if not a royal person. After all, they already have the cachet of royal godparentage (Tom & Charles) but then, as far as society is concerned, one never is connected by too much of these things. :D It would be nice for PW or PH. I think both of them just have one godchild each. For Harry, Tiggy's kid, right? For William, Prince Constantinos Alexios?

Last edited:
Pics 14.11.2007

Tom Parker Bowles attends a private dinner hosted by Evgeny
Lebedev to launch his new restaurant Sake No Hana, Nov. 14,
2007 in London, England. Benett/Getty Images

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Tom Parker Bowles was a guest on NBC's TODAY show here in the US today. He was promoting his book about Dangerous Foods. During one of the 2 cooking segments he made Camilla's Chicken. The other segment with a Tripe dish features another person well known to those here and the British Royal Family. ;) You can see the video to that segment on the right of this page too.
Tom Parker Bowles’ royally delicious dishes - TODAY: Food & Wine - MSNBC.com

Pics 13.3.2008

Tom and Sara Parker Bowles attend The Feast of Albion:
Quintessentially Gala Banquet in aid of the Soil Association,
at the Guildhall on March 13, 2008 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 1.5.2008

Tom and Sara Parker Bowles attend the 10th Anniversary Party
of The Lavender Trust where Nigella Lawson, Thandie Newton,
Justine Picardie, Emma Thompson and Lucy Yeomans show their
support for younger women with breast cancer by hosting tonight's
event sponsered by John Frieda Collection and NUDE, at Claridge's
Hotel on May 1, 2008 in London, England.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Pics 24.5.2008

Thank you for the link, cde, it would have been nice to see
a group picture from the baptism...

Tom and Sara spent some days in Italy, here are some pics
from May 24 - elegant and very casual... ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Lola was christened last week in Chapel Royal at St. James Palace or I love how Tom put it " a small place in town".
I love his sense of humour, and that he is obviously at ease with the blended family. :flowers:

Any idea who the Godparents were? :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom