The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-06-2007, 01:20 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte1 View Post
In an interview during his tour promoting his book, Tom Parker Bowles said the baby was due in October.
According to this week's edition of Hello magazine Camilla told their reporter, while she was visiting her old school a few weeks ago, that the baby was due on October 8th. She said she was visiting her old school so she could get her hands in with the 'little ones'.

Old 10-06-2007, 09:26 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yesterday TPB was on Sirrius Sat Radio (sounded quite nice) saying the baby was due this week. Congratulations to all!!

Old 10-07-2007, 07:12 PM
Courtier

Why would Prince Charles give Camilla's kids a trust...I just read that in another thread. Was he required to do that upon his marriage to Camilla...??
Old 10-07-2007, 11:37 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by zembla View Post
Why would Prince Charles give Camilla's kids a trust...I just read that in another thread. Was he required to do that upon his marriage to Camilla...??
Actually it is a rumor not a fact that Charles gave Tom and Laura million pound trust funds. Tom has outright denied they received a trust from Charles. (Tom takes advantage of the interviews he does to push his books to explain or deny etc stories that have come out on the press on him.) The trust fund story came out then it was denied in other articles. IIRC CH also denied it.

The trust fund if it happened was due to Charles feeling that the Parker Bowles children deserved something for everything that happened.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:11 PM
Courtier

Tom Parker Bowles and Sara Buys and Family

Prince Charles' wife Camilla becomes a grandmother

Prince Charles' wife Camilla becomes a grandmother - International Herald Tribune

LONDON: Prince Charles' wife, Camilla, became a grandmother Tuesday after her son's wife gave birth to a girl, the palace announced.
The Duchess of Cornwall's son, Tom Parker Bowles, and his wife, Sara Buys, have named their daughter Lola.

congratulations to Tom and Sara, Camilla and Prince Charles, Andrew and Rosemary and Sara's parents.Cann't wait to see the photos of the baby girl

I am so lucky to be the first one to post this news..I became an auntie yesterday as wellbecause my sister delivered her son. I suppose Lola and my nephew can be born on the same day?
Old 10-09-2007, 06:14 PM

Congratulations Love_CC! And congratulations to Tom and Sara. I'm not sure about the name Lola but who knows, maybe she'll be a showgirl.

(Sorry, had to be the first to get in a Manilow gag).
Old 10-09-2007, 06:16 PM
Courtier

Baby Girl for Tom Parker Bowles and Sara Buys: Lola

Prince Charles' wife Camilla becomes a grandmother
Prince Charles' wife Camilla becomes a grandmother - International Herald Tribune

LONDON: Prince Charles' wife, Camilla, became a grandmother Tuesday after her son's wife gave birth to a girl, the palace announced.
The Duchess of Cornwall's son, Tom Parker Bowles, and his wife, Sara Buys, have named their daughter Lola.

congralations on Tom and Sara, Camilla and Charles, Andrew and Rosemary and Sara's parents and stepparent.
Old 10-09-2007, 06:45 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
Congratulations Love_CC! And congratulations to Tom and Sara. I'm not sure about the name Lola but who knows, maybe she'll be a showgirl.

(Sorry, had to be the first to get in a Manilow gag).
It was The Kinks' "Lola" that sprang into my mind!

Congratulations Love_CC, and Tom & Sara.
Old 10-09-2007, 07:02 PM
Courtier

thanks everyone... thank for the suggestion of "Charlie and Lola" suggestion, Sesa. Then I just wonder if Laura to have a baby boy, would they pick up the name "Charlie"? Charles and Harry, Harry and Charlie... What a coincidence?
Old 10-09-2007, 08:09 PM
Serene Highness

Congratulations to the family, hope all is going well. I think it is a very nice name, very popular in the US.
Old 10-09-2007, 11:16 PM

Hey! It's awesome news about the baby girl!
See The Sun report on the news:
http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...icle322277.ece

Also on October 3rd, Tom attended the Stardust film premiere and after-party at Matthew Vaughn's house in Notting Hill. Also there: Ben Elliot and Jemima Goldsmith Khan.
Old 10-10-2007, 11:17 AM
Heir Apparent

The choice of the name has greatly surprised me ...

Congratulations to the couple and the family!!!
Although the name "Lola" seems very strange in the British context, it is one of the national Uzbek names. The meaning is sweet. However, some sites claim that Lola means "cloud" in Latin. Others say that Lola is a short form of Dolores, which means "sorrows".
To wander on in a huge forest without thought of return. To stand upon the shore and gaze after a boat that disappears behind distant islands. To contemplate the flight of wild geese seen and lost among the clouds.
And, subtle shadows of bamboo on bamboo." Zeami Motokiyo
Old 10-10-2007, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

Camilla ´absolutely thrilled´ as she becomes grandma the first time

Little Lola Parker Bowles, who has a future King as her step-grandfather, will soon be joined by another new arrival as Camilla´s daughter, Laura Lopes, is set to give birth in January next year.

Camilla 'absolutely thrilled' as she becomes grandma for first time
Old 10-10-2007, 01:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
Congratulations to the couple and the family!!!
Although the name "Lola" seems very strange in the British context, it is one of the national Uzbek names. The meaning is sweet. However, some sites claim that Lola means "cloud" in Latin. Other say that Lola is a short form of Dolores, which means "sorrows".
The "Lola" name, especially as a nickname, has become something of a celebrity trend in recent years. I don't know why. Madonna's daughter, Lourdes, was called Lola. Maybe she is still called Lola, but I don't know. Denise Richards had a daughter Lola. Sometimes the daughter of Kate Moss, Lila Grace, is called Lola in media reports, but I don't know if Kate actually calls her that. I think it's a popular name, though I think it's usually a nickname, for Lolita or as you say, for Dolores, or something else. It will be interesting to see if it is the case for the little Parker Bowles baby.

In any case, Hello! now has the story, accompanied by old but nice pictures:
Camilla 'absolutely thrilled' as she becomes grandma for first time
LA DUQUESA DE CORNUALLES HA SIDO ABUELA
Old 10-10-2007, 02:49 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Congratulations to Camilla and the couple.

Although Lola seems to be a fashionable name these days, it makes me want to sing Barry Manilow songs.
Old 10-10-2007, 03:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

What great news! Congratulations from me to for the whole family!

The first grandchild for Camilla that's something so special and
wonderful, I'm sure she's absolutely proud and Charles can get
an idea of how it will be when he'll get a "real" grandfather himself

Can't wait for a pic of Lola with her royal grandparents
Old 10-10-2007, 03:32 PM
Courtier

Waited for the news! A girl!!!

Congratulations to the whole family and the many grandparents...

Here is the baby:
[img=http://img229.imageshack.us/img229/2967/babyfz3.th.jpg]
[img=http://img258.imageshack.us/img258/1724/baby1vl0.th.jpg]
isifa

Not an official but, a private princess...
Old 10-10-2007, 06:01 PM
Heir Apparent

Tom and Sara Parker Bowles Leave Hospital with Baby

Fotobanka isifa image service
Old 10-10-2007, 06:11 PM

I would expect little Lola to get a peerage one day. If there was no step involved, she'd be a Princess wouldn't she? As grand-daughter of the future King? Well, they won't go that far but I hope they do make her a Countess or something.
Old 10-10-2007, 06:55 PM
Courtier

I doubt it...I mean I'd be surprised. Tom and his wife are pretty much private citizens, no? I can't see why they'd want their daughter to have that baggage.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, sara buys, tom parker bowles