The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-12-2007, 11:48 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter View Post
I tried the chicken recipe. It was a big hit. I'll have to get the book, but I'll pass on the tripe and cockscomb! Blech!!! I cant eat anything organ-y.

i'm with you scooter i don't do "organ-y" either. one part of the segment they showed organs(liver, stomach, etc) wrapped in intestines and grilled. can you imagine
aside from the fact he seems really cool for his fortitude in writing this book he might deserve a thread of his own
i'm trying the chicken this weekend only adding fresh herbs and garlic inside with the lemon, being texans my hubby would complain if it didn't have a little zippy to it otherwise he calls it bland and pours salsa on it

Old 09-12-2007, 12:30 PM
Royal Highness

He seems like a charming enough man...although the picture in People magazine did not do him any justice he looks old and haggared...

I tried the chicken as well....fantastic!!!!!!!!! I have tried a few other of his dishes and rather like them.

Old 09-14-2007, 05:34 AM
Heir Apparent

Has anybody seen Tom on Market Kitchen on UKTV Food? He looks rather dishy, though it is clear he does not know very much about food when compared with the other presenters.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:30 AM

I haven't but that's due to me boycotting the show. It replaced a programme called Great Food Live with a lady called Jeni Barnett who was fabulous and the whole show was generally brilliant. They cut it off in it's prime and replaced it with Market Kitchen which was really just a vehicle to get Tom Parker-Bowles onto the channel. So I haven't watched.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:18 PM
Aristocracy

I am hoping Market Kitchen comes here. I admit for someone who really isn't into food, I do enjoy his columns. And he was really good on Good Morning America when he was pushing his book.
Old 09-15-2007, 09:20 AM
Heir Apparent

A Short Biography for Tom Parker Bowles

Birth and Education

Thomas Henry Parker Bowles (more commony known simply as Tom) was born on December 18, 1974 to Andrew and Camilla Parker Bowles. His stepfather (through his mother’s second marriage) and Godfather is Prince Charles, The Prince of Wales. His stepmother (through his father’s second marriage) is Rosemary Parker Bowles. His younger sister is Laura Lopes and his step-brothers are Princes William and Harry.

Two pictures from Tom’s childhood (credit to LaMinka): Andrew, Camilla, Tom & Laura ; Camilla, Tom & Laura

Tom was educated at Summer Fields prep school in Oxford. He then attended the Eton Collage and Worcester Collage, Oxford, where he was a member (and possibly leader) of the exclusive and notorious Piers Gaveston Society (other notable members were Hugh Grant and Count Gottfried von Bismarck).

Although the media maintained Tom might have had a difficult youth, because of the long-term relationships of his mother and the Prince of Wales, on those rare occasions Tom did speak to public about his personal life (mainly answering questions during the presentations of his books), he claimed that both he and his sister had a great childhood, because they never had to doubt the love their parents had for them. Tom also spoke most highly of his step-father, calling him ‘an amazing man, who knows absolutely well the stuff he talks about’ (this was a reference to organic food and gardening, of which Prince Charles is a champion of promoting).

Career

Tom is a food columnist, as well as the author of two books about food. From 1997 to 2000 Tom was a junior publicist for Dennis Davidson Associates, a public relations firm. He later started working for the Mail on Sunday and the Tatler magazine. His first book, E is for Eating – An Alphabet of Greed was published in 2004. His second book, The Year of Eating Dangerously, was published in October 2006. Both books, expecially the second one, were received extremely well by the critics and brought a great success to Tom. Apart from writing, Tom is also a television presenter: he currently co-presents Market Kitchen for UKTV Food.

Writing about his prized recipes appears to be his current focus, however in the late 1990s and early 2000s, Tom was the leader in a group of Old Etonians, who had a clever head for business. He and his cousin, Ben Elliot, along with Luca Del Bono, Ben Goldsmith, James Tollemache and other leading members of the privileged group of young Old Etonian entrepreneurs founded Quintessentially. All members of that society reached heights in their chosen areas of career.

Marriage

On September 10, 2005 Tom married Sara Buys in St. Nicholas’ Church, Rotherfield Grey, an Anglican Chruch, although Tom, like Laura, was raised as Roman Catholic.

Sara Buys is a fashion features editor at Harpers & Queen.

Among the guests were Andrew and Rosmary Parker Bowles, The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall, Laura Lopes (then Parker Bowles), Princes William and Harry, Annabel Elliot (Camilla's sister), the late Major Bruce Shand (Camilla's father) and Ben Elliot (Tom's cousin, business collaborator and the best man to the groom at the wedding).

The Wedding thread of Tom Parker Bowles & Sara Buys

Children

On March 18, 2007 Tom and Sara announced to the Daily Mail that they are expecting their first child, due in September 2007. The Duches of Cornwall was said to be ‘absolutely over the moon’. His sister Laura announced her won pregnancy soon after.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-17-2007, 05:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
They cut it off in it's prime and replaced it with Market Kitchen which was really just a vehicle to get Tom Parker-Bowles onto the channel. So I haven't watched.
A bit harsh? If anything, Gordon Ramsay´s wife Tana and other chefs from his empire ( Mark Sargent, Angela Hartnett etc) seem to get more air time than Tom - so if anything, it is a programme designed to promote the Ramsay brand rather than Tom!
Old 09-17-2007, 10:15 PM
Royal Highness

Has she had her baby yet? She must be coming up on her due date, if its September of 2007.
Old 09-20-2007, 03:13 PM
Royal Highness

Tom Parker Bowles: The Year of Eating Dangerously

(...) Bowles is smart, stylish, erudite, and hip in a sardonic, unmistakably limey sense- (...)

Radar Reviews : Radar Online : Radar Review: <em>The Year of Eating Dangerously</em>
Old 09-20-2007, 05:44 PM

18 September 2007
Tom Parker Bowles strolled with his usual confident air into the thanksgiving service for Isabella Blow at the Guards Chapel, Wellington Barracks. But something was off.... rex picture Don't see it? Look again, and look down.
What a guy, such character!
Old 09-20-2007, 06:52 PM
Aristocracy

I think Tom has a thing for brightly colored socks. He had a a dark suit on GMA ad wore bright red ones!
Old 09-20-2007, 08:52 PM
Serene Highness

I loved the socks, show he doesn't take himself to serious, no matter what I think about Camilla morals about marriage, I can't question her motherhood, both children seem to have grown to be well adjusted adults.
Has anyone heard about the baby yet?
Old 09-20-2007, 09:02 PM

Well, now I am very intrigued about Tom's socks. Every time I see pics of him, you know where I'll be glancing. No, not there, at his socks, sickos!
Old 09-21-2007, 04:49 AM

Tom Parker Bowles: In high spirits after downing tequilas
written by Tom Parker Bowles for The Daily Mail

Thought tequila was simply a fast track to oblivion? Wrong - paired with the right dishes, the finest brands help create an exotic feast

"The versatility of tequila is quite incredible," says Henry Besant, drink guru and part-owner of Shoreditch's Green And Red bar and restaurant.

"We have more than 300 different varieties, each with its own separate tastes and characteristics.

"At its best tequila is easily equal to the finest whisky or cognac."

I sit by the bar in silence, ashamed that my tequila knowledge stops at shots, shooters and memory loss.
Read more
Old 09-28-2007, 10:07 AM
Heir Apparent

Does anybody know if Tom and Sara are planning to have the baby privately or at an NHS hospital?
Old 09-28-2007, 02:21 PM
Aristocracy

The only thing Tom said was that they were starting to looking at hosipitals... I assume they are going private though.

Sara must have had the baby by now. When they announced she was pregnant it came out in the Sunday edition of the Mail. They probably are going to do the same thing when the baby is born.
Old 09-28-2007, 06:01 PM
Aristocracy

From the information we have been given it just seems like Sara should have had the baby by now.
Old 09-28-2007, 10:14 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde View Post
From the information we have been given it just seems like Sara should have had the baby by now.
In an interview during his tour promoting his book, Tom Parker Bowles said the baby was due in October.
Old 10-01-2007, 06:39 PM

There's still no baby news but on Tuesday, 25 September Tom attended the launch party for the new London restaurant called Marco.
There aren't pics of Sara also there. It looked like Tom was there solo.
REX pic
REX pic 2
REX caption:
Launch of 'Marco' : Marco Pierre White's new Restaurant, Stamford Bridge, Fulham Road, London, Britain - 25 Sep 2007
Tom Parker Bowles, James Archer and Tara Bernard with guest

FROM GETTY: Marco Pierre White Opens Restaurant
LONDON - SEPTEMBER 25: .... Tom Parker Bowles and Tara Bernard attend the opening of Marco Pierre White's new restaurant, at the Chelsea Football Club on September 25, 2007 in London, England. (Photo by Dave M. Benett/Getty Images)

GETTY pic

Two pics from the thanksgiving service for Isabella Blow on 11 SEP:
GETTY pic
GETTY 2

ISIFA gallery (more pics from the Marco launch and thanksgiving service)

ABACA gallery for Tom Parker Bowles (no new pics, however, since March'07)
Old 10-01-2007, 08:20 PM

It's not news but it's a terrific article Sara wrote in DEC 2006 for The Independent online, about fur and fashion. It's a bit long but for me it was consuming from the first sentence. She calls herself a "fur hypocrite" but the honesty is refreshing. Most people, including myself, are hypocritical in some way when it comes to the fur issue.
http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/thi...cle2055436.ece

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, sara buys, tom parker bowles