The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-07-2007, 09:32 AM
Courtier

There is a great possibility that Sonia was the illegmate of King Edward VII and Alice Keppel. Christopher Wilson (the pioneer author about Camilla )believes that. But the opinions divide. "king in love" agree with this opinion. But "Mrs Keppel and her daughter" stated that Sonia was the daughter of George Keppel and Alice Keppel. But Sonia did name her memorier as "The Edwardian Daughter." I believe that the truth was only known by Camilla's own family or Sonia did not say anything when she was alive.

Old 05-07-2007, 10:10 AM
Heir Presumptive

Very interesting. The family resemlance in the photograph in the book is remarkable. If you photo shopped Camilla's hair onto Sonia you would swear you were looking at a photo of Camilla. They are about the same age too.

Old 06-15-2007, 12:10 PM
Courtier

I´ve never seen Sara in a nice look. For a "fashionata" she has a bad taste IMO These high-heels are a bit dangerous...
Although Laura hasn´t shown us her best dresses of recent times, that´s true, sesa.
Old 06-15-2007, 04:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

She really looks exhausted. If she thinks she is tired now, wait until after the baby arrives!
Old 08-20-2007, 01:34 AM
Aristocracy

Tom was interviewed in the New Yorker.

http://www.newyorker.com/talk/2007/0...27ta_talk_mead

"My parents loved each other, but their marriage was not perhaps as many other people describe marriage.” I think Tom has sum up up his parents marriage very well. :)
Old 09-09-2007, 10:28 PM
Commoner

There is an article on Tom Parker Bowles in the current People magazine. The article is two pages long; surprisingly, the one on the Diana memorial service was only one page.

The TPB article relates to his book "The Year of Eating Dangerously", which has just been published in the U.S. (I saw a copy at Barnes & Noble today.) The article also talks about the PB family, and includes Camilla's roast chicken recipe.
Old 09-10-2007, 07:07 AM

He's a very interesting guy, that Tom PB. I like this part a lot:
Parker Bowles is tall and fair, like his mother, though he also resembles his father, Andrew, the Queen’s former Silver Stick-in-Waiting. (Parker Bowles admitted that he isn’t sure exactly what a Silver Stick-in-Waiting does, but said it has something to do with assisting the Gold Stick-in-Waiting.) (SOURCE) It seems like Tom has the wise sum up for everything.
Old 09-10-2007, 02:22 PM
Serene Highness

Has Sara had the baby yet? I haven't heard any news about, do they know the sex of the child?
Old 09-11-2007, 01:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Sara is expected to give birth any time now (judging by the fact Sara and Tom didn't accompany Camilla on the trip to Greece, she is on the last stage of the pregnancy).
There is no word about the gender of the baby - Tom and Sara are private people and even if they do know the sex of the baby, they don't have to share it with anyone.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 09-11-2007, 09:43 AM
Serene Highness

tom is on good morning america right now 8:30am talking about his book (eating dangerously). He's very funny, charming and feeding diane sawyer all this really gross food. baby is still a few weeks away (hopefully) because he's in new york (his wife was a little upset about this trip) going home tomorrow. his moms recipe for chicken is in the book, she enjoys cooking and they have big family dinners. he says he's happy his moms happy and he gets along well with the princes- his quote "we're not the brady bunch but we get along famously" something like that. funny guy enjoyed him in the segment.
Old 09-11-2007, 11:48 AM

In conjunction with his appearance on GMA, ABC has the following excerpt from the new book.
http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Books/...3581299&page=1
Old 09-11-2007, 12:00 PM
Serene Highness

I also saw Tom on GMA this morning. He seems like a charming and delightful young man, very funny. He talked a little bit about his family and said although they weren't like the Brady bunch, they all got along very well and William and Harry were very nice young men. He did also say that his mom is finally happy and he was glad for that. I thought it was funny that he called his step-father, Prince Charles. Probably because it was a public forum, wonder what he calls him in private?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:15 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
Probably because it was a public forum, wonder what he calls him in private?
I believe he calls him "sir".

BBB Thank you so much for mentioning early enough for me to see it.I saw your post at 8:15 :) It is funny normally I don't read the forums until slightly later but I am waiting for a repairman.

Tom really is very charming. It was a nice segment.

I am annoyed though, they don't list him so TIVO can't find him. I wonder what else Tom is on TIVO doesn't know about.?
Old 09-11-2007, 12:47 PM
Serene Highness

i was enjoying the read to page 4 then the link went down, i'll try again later. his personality comes out in the words and it fits with the guy i saw on tv. very amusing and personable i liked him alot. the food was reeeaaalllyyyyyy reeeealllllyyyyy grooooosssssssssss. poor diane it was funny. is there a thread for royals that cook? camilla should be on the list- he talks about how good a cook his mother is and his father likes to garden, very affectionate and not "fakeY" (not a word but you know what i mean) thanks trio and your very welcome cde
Old 09-11-2007, 01:17 PM
Aristocracy

Actually the fruit Tom and Diane had is really good. It's called Rambutan. I got hooked on it on holiday. It one of my favorite fruits. it is funny I don't really like Lychee but I love rambutan.
Old 09-11-2007, 02:22 PM
Royal Highness

Here is the recipe Tom is talking about:

Camilla´s Roast Chicken Recipe

http://www.abcnews.go.com/GMA/Recipes/story?id=3586399

( i hope one day they will stop to call her Camilla Parker Bowles...)
Old 09-11-2007, 03:29 PM
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I enjoyed how he got Diane Sawyers to eat cock's comb and honeycomb tripe (which she complained about, since it got stuck in her front teeth).

He did seem like an entertaining person.
Old 09-11-2007, 03:30 PM
Serene Highness

you and me both its disrespectful imo- the photo caption is correct so perhaps to lend cache to his name and his book- everyone knows camilla parker bowles, most people haven't a clue who the duchess of cornwall is (in the US anyway) very nice photo of them thanks for the links
Old 09-11-2007, 03:40 PM
Heir Presumptive

I tried the chicken recipe. It was a big hit. I'll have to get the book, but I'll pass on the tripe and cockscomb! Blech!!! I cant eat anything organ-y.
Old 09-11-2007, 05:48 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by bbb View Post
his personality comes out in the words and it fits with the guy i saw on tv. very amusing and personable i liked him alot.
I know what you mean. He is such an awesome and funny writer. You can see why everyone just flocks to him. I mean, he seems so popular. I think it's a highly genetic quality because his cousin Ben Elliot is exactly like him as a businessman, literally sucking people toward him with his charm. Those two touch anything, and it turns to gold, and look at Tom's mother, getting the Prince of Wales under her spell for all these years! What kind of Potions are they brewing, and would they share it?

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, sara buys, tom parker bowles