I think that is Jade Jagger not Pippa

Old 09-20-2013, 10:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

'My mum never taught me how to cook’ - Telegraph

Old 09-20-2013, 10:45 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roslyn View Post

I'm assuming it is true, and I applaud him for speaking out. I share his views on the subject.
That's really good: ) im really proud of him for speaking out
Old 12-28-2013, 10:22 AM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Her ingenuity in the kitchen would not appear to be the way that the Duchess of Cornwall won the heart of the Prince of Wales. Tom Parker Bowles, the restaurant critic and her son by her former husband Andrew Parker Bowles, says she produces simple fare.
“My mum’s a good cook, but it wasn’t about haute cuisine for her,” says Tom. “It was just great, simple food using fresh ingredients, often from our garden, that she knew her children would like.
“She didn’t teach me to cook, but I watched her a lot. Like most mothers, when I asked her how she did something she’d just say 'I put it in the oven’. So I didn’t get many tips from that.”
A critique of Camilla Parker Bowles's cooking by her son - Telegraph
"She is a little angel and like her name, she brings sunshine even on cloudy days. From the bottom of our hearts, we would like to thank each and every one of you for your lovely best wishes for our daughter. She feels very loved". HRH Princess Madeleine, Duchess of Hälsingland and Gästrikland on her daughter, HRH Princess Leonore, Duchess of Gotland.
Join my TRF group about British Royal Children!
Old 12-28-2013, 11:01 AM
Heir Apparent

whenever I read something like this, it feels like the reporter was having a chat with Tom (fellow journalist) in the pub and this was mentioned in passing - certainly not an interview. Editor asks for an extra 500 words and there you are.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 06-19-2014, 02:12 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Tom Parker Bowles attended the European premiere of 'Chef' at the Old Truman Brewery in London on June 9:

** Pic **
Old 06-19-2014, 02:26 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh. My. Goodness! How could he walk out the front door dressed like that? Even to go the local shops it is a dreadful look, and this was to the premiere of a film. Those pants! *faints* How could his wife let him go out looking like that? I know he is known for dressing down, but this is ridiculous.
Old 08-16-2014, 05:47 PM
Majesty

Sara Parker Bowles on not being a slave to fashion and discussing designers with the Duchess of Cambridge-
Sara Parker Bowles on not being a slave to fashion and discussing designers with the Duchess of Cambridge - Telegraph

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 08-16-2014, 08:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

She may be a fashion editor, more is the pity. I remember some of her other fashions. Yuck!!
Old 08-16-2014, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by COUNTESS View Post
She may be a fashion editor, more is the pity. I remember some of her other fashions. Yuck!!
Actually I really like that dress she's wearing in that article but the shoes I could do without. Not a big fan of those gladiator type shoes and would probably wear some classic pumps with it.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Sara Parker Bowles on not being a slave to fashion and discussing designers with the Duchess of Cambridge-
Sara Parker Bowles on not being a slave to fashion and discussing designers with the Duchess of Cambridge - Telegraph
She really needs to keep her "conversations" with Catherine to herself. The young royals have little enough privacy or people they can trust without those within the extended family circle spouting off to the press.
Old 08-16-2014, 09:41 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda View Post
She really needs to keep her "conversations" with Catherine to herself. The young royals have little enough privacy or people they can trust without those within the extended family circle spouting off to the press.

Did you read the article? She doesn't really talk about Catherine. She compliments Camilla and implies that they have a good relationship, then says about Catherine - presumably after being asked questions, based on the lead - that they've discussed designers and that she likes Catherine, but nothing more. The entire quote is at most 2 sentences.
Old 08-17-2014, 12:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ish View Post
Did you read the article? She doesn't really talk about Catherine. She compliments Camilla and implies that they have a good relationship, then says about Catherine - presumably after being asked questions, based on the lead - that they've discussed designers and that she likes Catherine, but nothing more. The entire quote is at most 2 sentences.
That's what I got from the article too. She said very little that could be taken as talking about both Kate and her mother-in-law. She politely mentioned some trivial comment but nothing that could be construed about breaching the privacy of either lady.
Old 08-17-2014, 03:44 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Of the Duchess of Cambridge, she will only say: "We've talked about designers we admire in the past and she's always very complimentary about what I wear but, clearly, she feels she's got more important things to think about - and that's what makes her so endearing."
I thought her reference to Catherine was very polite and neutral considering she is about style and Catherine reflects style. So, when asked, is she supposed to say "oh her, we don't mix", or perhaps "we don't move in the same circles", or some such throw away line that can be twisted into "news" of warfare between the Wales and Parker-Bowles family

But I thought her reply was brilliant. They discussed designers but that's not what Catherine is all about. She said Catherine was always complimentary about her dress which, coming from a woman that dressed her bridesmaid in an absolute knockout white gown, tracks well but mentions that that that is not what Catherine is about and goes in for the ultimate sucker punch, "and that's what makes her so endearing".

Of all the insider, expert, private sources etc. either gushing of sniping, that is one discription of Catherine that I have never encountered. But, it is a very telling statement to those with ears to hear.
Old 08-17-2014, 06:33 AM
Heir Apparent

Yes I think kate definitely has a lot more in her head than clothes which is great. She seems to have a rather solid personality and, unlike other princesses out there, doesn't give the impression she's a clothes horse. However I think that she does and always has been attentive to her clothes and appearances but that is not necessarily a bad trait in her role.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-28-2014, 12:14 AM
Majesty

Audio Clip:
Tom Parker Bowles on coping with criticism of family-

BBC Radio 5 live - In Short, Tom Parker Bowles on coping with criticism of family

Full Interview: 1:16:44-
http://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b04mbk7q

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 10-28-2014, 01:01 PM
Commoner

Oh, these children are grown adults now... where has all the time gone? Are both Sara and Tommy married and well? People should marry young. Oh dear, they were teenagers the last time I saw a picture of them.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:44 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kent_spark View Post
Oh, these children are grown adults now... where has all the time gone? Are both Sara and Tommy married and well? People should marry young. Oh dear, they were teenagers the last time I saw a picture of them.
From a article recently, it put me into kind of a senior moment thinking "how many children does Camilla have again? Am I forgetting something?" and then I realize that it was the article that was very confusing. Camilla does only have two children. Tom and Laura. Tom is married to Sarah and Laura is married to Harry.

There. I think I got it right. I need more coffee.
Old 10-28-2014, 05:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
From a article recently, it put me into kind of a senior moment thinking "how many children does Camilla have again? Am I forgetting something?" and then I realize that it was the article that was very confusing. Camilla does only have two children. Tom and Laura. Tom is married to Sarah and Laura is married to Harry.

There. I think I got it right. I need more coffee.
You got it right. That article was very poorly written.

Tom and Sarah have two children, while Laura and Harry have three.
Old 10-30-2014, 08:46 PM
Nobility

Tom Parker Bowles:*How my mother regrets sending me to boarding school age 7 | Daily Mail Online

Interesting article. Tom doesn't come off too well but at least he's honest.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, sara buys, tom parker bowles