The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2004, 10:47 PM
Royal Highness

I can't respect a person who would be a homewrecker either-man or woman. It is so evil.
And why not America instead of just middle America (better known as the Midwest)

Old 11-14-2004, 11:26 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
I can't respect a person who would be a homewrecker either-man or woman. It is so evil.
And why not America instead of just middle America (better known as the Midwest)
There has to be a home to wreck! A marriage where there is no love left and no respect ceases to be a home IMO.

The reference to "middle america" was to illustrate the high moral ground taken by people from the colloquially named Bible Belt who seem to have to sit in judgement on everyone else.

I don't want to cause offence but it seems to me that if anyone in the world has an opinion that should be taken into account it should only be those of us who are HM's subjects or who are citizens of Commonwealth countries. IMO it is no business of anyone else in the world.

Old 11-14-2004, 11:46 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by wymanda
There has to be a home to wreck! A marriage where there is no love left and no respect ceases to be a home IMO.

The reference to "middle america" was to illustrate the high moral ground taken by people from the colloquially named Bible Belt who seem to have to sit in judgement on everyone else.

I don't want to cause offence but it seems to me that if anyone in the world has an opinion that should be taken into account it should only be those of us who are HM's subjects or who are citizens of Commonwealth countries. IMO it is no business of anyone else in the world.
Because a person says they don't mean offense by somthing doesn't mean it isn't offensive. If people who do not live in Great Britain cannot have an opinion about Great Britain, then people from Great Britain shouldn't have an opinion about "Middle America" or America as a whole. Or is this a double standard?

Just a thought...

I apologize for the digression.Now back to the topic.... I guess it is for Her Majesty to decide. However, since Camilla is divorced the Prince of Wales is not allowed to marry her and remain heir. Am I correct with this? Therefore the case would be moot.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:35 AM
Serene Highness

The church is relaxing it's policy on remarrying divorcees and the current Archbishop of Canterbury has said that he would be prepared to marry Charles & Camilla. As the policy stands currently however it does exclude marriage to a party who was instrumental in the breakdown of the other parties previous marriage so I guess that means that Charles can't marry Camilla & she can't marry him because each could be seen as being instrumental in the breakup of the others marriage.
Old 11-15-2004, 01:46 AM
Heir Apparent

i have agree with wymanda!

because his grandmother and his mum have rights! because Prince Charles wouldnt allowed getting remarried again to Camilla because under the British Law and many people would knew about many people would feels hurt over Princess Diana's death in 1997 but i knew about it! but i have to tells many times! but Charles and Camilla cant slept together following his mum's rules oh good grief! because Charles is still remarry since Diana's death because of chase from paparazzi but cant won!

I think Prince William wont wanted to get his dad married again and Camilla wont become Princess of Wales because many people wont support and Camilla cant become Queen of England NEITHER! im sure Prince William would knew!

Sara Boyce
Old 11-15-2004, 02:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Realistically, in terms of real life and what actually happens with the Prince and Camilla and her titles should they marry, the opinions of most of us who are HM's subjects aren't relevant either. Unless there's a feeling that public opinion within the UK will be so massively opposed that it poses a danger for the continuation of the monarchy or somehow threatens the stability of the government or the church, I don't see public opinion being that big a deal. THey're not going to hold a referendum and decide what happens on the basis of a majority vote or anything. And it's not as though this was a marriage involving William, who's the real future of the monarchy. Camilla is beyond child-bearing age, and Charles is getting to an age where most people would start thinking about retirement; I think the Establishment will just try to marginalise him as much as possible and focus on William.

In terms of these boards, all posters' opinions are relevant.
Old 11-15-2004, 03:00 AM
Courtier

Regardless of whether or not there is still love in a marriage, married is still married. No 'if's, 'and's, or 'but's. As long as in the eyes of the law AND in the church you are still married, I don't care if you can't get along, you entered into that situation and you remain in that situation until you take yourself out. To say it otherwise is like saying that you can commit adultery as long as you don't want to sleep with your own spouse anymore.

Anyway, I agree with Ennyllorac. It's a moot point.
Old 11-15-2004, 12:59 PM
Courtier

It seems everyone is putting the blame on Charles for the end of the marriage, let's not forget Diana played a HUGE part in the break up of her own marriage, she was by no means innocent. Yes Charles and Camilla had an affair, but Diana had her affairs too...with MULTIPLE lovers...she was unstable as well...the marriage breaking up was a two party deal.

As for the title deal-it's kind of a wait and see sort of a deal for me I guess. As I said in my earlier post anyone who takes on that title next is going to have a hard time "beating" Diana (whether there are people under the age of 18 who remember her or not, there are still a ton of people who have sanctified her...those are tough footsteps to follow in) but I also don't think it's really fair, IF Charles and Camilla were to marry, it doesn't seem it would be fair for Camilla to be denied a right that would leagally become hers (also I don't think the argument about it being denied out of William and Harry's sake is fair, as it has been stated they both like Camilla.)
Old 11-15-2004, 08:36 PM
Aristocracy

Exclamation

I don't think there was a marriage in the sense of love in the first place. Whether or not Charles loved Diana or vise versa Camilla had no right to step in between them. Just because the bank vault is wide open doesn't mean it is okay to take money from it. Diana was not perfect but she was a 20 year old woman who was placed in a tough position and she did not handle it very well but who would with her lack of experience.

Whether or not Charles and Camilla get married is really up to them. Do I think Camilla should be Queen? No but if she does become Queen, all the more power to her.

No one comes out of this spotless of blame but Diana is not here to defend herself so the only people left to answer questions are Camilla and Charles.
Old 12-03-2004, 11:31 PM
Courtier

I look at diana and think how did she cope im only 20 and can barely cope with everyday normal life... I dont understand why Charlse didnt marry her in the first place... like if shes so good then why didnt he wait to marry her instead of pulling diana along for the ride... he didnt even really lovce her as she quoted in the tapes... Camila should never be queen... he should just find a new wife like how he got diana
Old 12-04-2004, 01:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by RoseMary
I don't think there was a marriage in the sense of love in the first place. Whether or not Charles loved Diana or vise versa Camilla had no right to step in between them. Just because the bank vault is wide open doesn't mean it is okay to take money from it. Diana was not perfect but she was a 20 year old woman who was placed in a tough position and she did not handle it very well but who would with her lack of experience.

Whether or not Charles and Camilla get married is really up to them. Do I think Camilla should be Queen? No but if she does become Queen, all the more power to her.

No one comes out of this spotless of blame but Diana is not here to defend herself so the only people left to answer questions are Camilla and Charles.
not my problems!

Princess Diana got fell in love with Prince Charles because someone said about when Diana was young she put posters of Prince Charles because she would become Queen of England.But Prince Charles propose to Diana on February 1981 when she was 20 years old but she will become Princess of Wales and she will become Queen of England not as Camilla! you know because Prince Charles's MISTRESS for more over 30 years.

many people wont wanted Camilla become Princess of Wales and become Queen of England many people would reminded of famous Princess Diana in 1997 who died and more respect of Princess Diana.

im sure Diana always is SO POPULAR Princess and she is Perfect! she dont unperfect many people and children still love Diana lots than Camilla you know that!

im sure his mother the Queen wont let Prince Charles get married to Camilla because of reminded Princess Diana lots for 7 years of her death.

have any question,rosemary

Sara Boyce
Old 12-04-2004, 01:23 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by bad_barbarella
I look at diana and think how did she cope im only 20 and can barely cope with everyday normal life... I dont understand why Charlse didnt marry her in the first place... like if shes so good then why didnt he wait to marry her instead of pulling diana along for the ride... he didnt even really lovce her as she quoted in the tapes... Camila should never be queen... he should just find a new wife like how he got diana
not my problems!

Prince Charles chose Diana to become his wife and become Princess of Wales for 300 years of Englishwoman for first time not from Camilla! but Princess Diana really younger Princess but many people still known she is Queen's hearts and people's princess the PM Tony Blair says when Diana was died.

but Camilla cant become Princess of Wales nor become Queen of England because of following death Princess Diana for 7 years.

Sara Boyce
Old 12-04-2004, 04:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

title for camilla: royal crumpet
Old 12-04-2004, 04:38 AM
Commoner

When I said home wrecker I meant it!

My statement is no less productive than the concept of Camilla receiving a title! An act of infidelity can never be justified regardless of the state of a marriage, despite claims to the contrary at no point was Charles forced to marry Diana, if he genuinely loved Camilla he would have made a stand to marry her...but he wanted both worlds, rather than fight to alter a dated religious legislation which prevents a monarch from marrying a divorcee he decides to marry Diana and keep Camilla a mistress...Diana is a victim of Charles's coward ness and laziness to change a system!

I respect Camilla for not commenting about the whole scenario, yet in the public eye she is and will always remain the woman who made Diana's married life a misery. A woman who perused her own happiness at the expense of someone else’s.... therefore the whole question of a title for Camilla is an unproductive one and would only produce equally unproductive responses!
Old 12-04-2004, 11:13 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reina
Well then you couldn't possibly respect Diana either... As she had affairs with married men (one actually claims she stalked him and his family), and therefore is a homewrecker herself. She also did damage to her own marriage by infidelity therefore helping her to be just as much of a homewrecker in her own marriage as Charles and Camilla.
Old 12-04-2004, 11:44 AM
Aristocracy

In the Diana tapes that aired there was a part where Charles said that he would not be the first Prince of Wales NOT to have a mistress.
The only people who are not to be blamed in for Charles and Diana's marriage breaking up are William and Harry and Camilla's children.
Diana was no matyr in this marriage either. Charles cheated on her with Camilla but that doesn't make it okay that Diana had multiple affairs too. No one can say that their spouse drove them to cheat. If Diana really loved Charles as much as she claims she did and was hence betrayed by Charles's extra marital relationship with Camilla there were other options available to her. Cheating on him with James Hewitt and whoever else doesn't excuse her actions.
The end of Charles's and Diana's marriage isn't a case of Diana being the angel and Camilla being the devil. If that's what it comes down to both women were as much at fault as Charles.
Old 12-04-2004, 03:31 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
In the Diana tapes that aired there was a part where Charles said that he would not be the first Prince of Wales NOT to have a mistress.
Is that the right number of "not's"? Or was it that he would not be the first PoW to have a mistress?

Also, it doesn't hurt to remember that in these tapes it was Diana saying she claimed Charles had said, in the same way that she claimed that the Queen had said that Charles was hopeless; they weren't said directly by the people who were supposed to have said them, they were reported by a person who was supporting her own case, not trying to be objective. Not to say they aren't true, but there's no independent verification of them from the sources (that I know of).
Old 12-06-2004, 10:45 PM
Courtier

I dont know her... she could have a great heart... mabye be an ok person... but to sleep with a married man... THATS WRONG... no matter who you are or where u live... people that dont see that as wrong dont have class...

and i know its not entirely her fault as it does take two to tango... i just dont think she should get any title...

would she ever be queen? would we want her as a role model to all these little girls?
Old 12-06-2004, 10:57 PM
Royal Highness

I think we all need to remember that there are two sides to every story and it is all a matter of perception. You and I can see and hear the same thing but perceive it in two totally different ways.

I am guilty of watching the Diana tapes and do think that they should have remained private for the sake of her children. However, Iit would be interesting to hear Charles side of the story though highly unlikely to happen.

I was and still am a big fan of Diana's, though I don't see her as infallible. I realize that she had her fault but I do believe that she tried her best to use her position to do good.

As for a title for Camilla, if she and Charles married the titles are hers by marriage whether we like it or not.
Old 12-06-2004, 11:36 PM
Aristocracy

I hope that the Queen has at least another 25 years of life left so that neither Charles nor Camilla will be much of a factor in the future. I'm surprised that Charles has not yet married Camilla, given that they are both "free".

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, princess consort, queen consort, styles and titles