The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-22-2007, 06:51 AM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
What was done to Diana? That interview could be taken a number of ways. Was the late princess without fault? I have no intention of bashing her since I too was a Diana fan but don't try to make her out to be a saint. These polls are very inconsistent!

The thought to bypass is also getting pretty old. How many of these polled are divorcees?!

Camilla should be queen once her husband ascends the thrown.

Old 05-22-2007, 07:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
What was done to Diana? That interview could be taken a number of ways. Was the late princess without fault? I have no intention of bashing her since I too was a Diana fan but don't try to make her out to be a saint. These polls are very inconsistent!

The thought to bypass is also getting pretty old. How many of these polled are divorcees?!

Camilla should be queen once her husband ascends the thrown.
Another satire about the Daily Express:

Camilla Will Never Be Queen Nor Princess Of Hearts » Big Brother Celebrity News & Gossip : Anorak

Camilla Will Never Be Queen Nor Princess Of Hearts

THE debate on whether Prince Charles should be King has shifted and readers are now asked to contemplate the full majesty of Queen Camilla.

Of course, before we go on we should say the current regent, Elizabeth, is in rude health. There is every reason to believe that with the right power supply and hardwood teeth Liz can go on for many decades, as her mother did.

Queen Camilla may never occur. And any chance that it will is dashed by the Express. The paper has conducted a poll of its readers and in response to the Question “Would you like the woman who as good as killed Princess Diana to be our Queen” 90% answered to the negative.

'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-22-2007, 07:30 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jo of Palatine
Another satire about the Daily Express:

...Queen Camilla may never occur. And any chance that it will is dashed by the Express...
Thanks, Jo of Palatine. What's their next headline? "Turf Wars: Easter Bunny Caught Delivery Christmas Presents"?

Do they think they have that much clout?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:09 AM

I wish that Camilla would use her most senior title, HRH The Princess of Wales.
I know that people associate it with Diana, and I love Diana as much as anyone, but I still feel that it is right and proper for Camilla to have this title now. I wish that Camilla would use her highest title and not be called merely Duchess of Cornwall. I just feel this simply and strongly. I think it is sad that she feels it necessary to use a secondary title.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

I think it might just confuse people. Half the time she's still referred to as Camilla Parker Bowles in the press; if they can't get their collective heads around "Duchess of Cornwall," and given that Diana is still such a money spinner for them, I have a feeling they'd either ignore her Princess of Wales title or use it to cause discontent among the public as a way to sell more newspapers and magazines. Camilla is beginning to wear jewellery with the Prince of Wales feathers, and that may be the closest we'll get to seeing her claim the title.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:34 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I think it might just confuse people. Half the time she's still referred to as Camilla Parker Bowles in the press; if they can't get their collective heads around "Duchess of Cornwall," and given that Diana is still such a money spinner for them, I have a feeling they'd either ignore her Princess of Wales title or use it to cause discontent among the public as a way to sell more newspapers and magazines. Camilla is beginning to wear jewellery with the Prince of Wales feathers, and that may be the closest we'll get to seeing her claim the title.
It is just cruel. It is tragic. It makes me really, terribly sad to think of this.
But why does she and the family give in so easily? If they and she would use all of her titles, repeatedly, everyday of the rest of her life, eventually people would get used to it, no? Just like they got used to it with Diana, with Alexandra, and every other Princess of Wales before? They would get used to it with Camilla. I think it is cruel that the family feels compelled to give in to public opinion on something so ......trivial.
They don't give in to public opinion on many things, but on this, why?
Old 05-22-2007, 11:36 AM
Imperial Majesty

Because Diana is still such a source of profit to them, I suppose. And because they know how to stir up public resentment against the monarchy, and the royal advisors know it.
Old 05-22-2007, 11:48 AM
Heir Apparent

We tend to forget that after it was such an outpour of grief and such pressure on the RF after Diana's death it was extraordinarily tough and brave from prince Charles to announce he was going to actually marry Camilla.
The RF and their aides couldn't have foreseen how the public was going to react. Thus the move with "Duchess of Cornwall" made and makes sense. I could have offended the public using the "princess of Wales"-title and it really doesn't make that much difference for all concerned. Either way she is officially recognized as HRH and the wife of The Prince Charles, heir to the throne. But of course she is going to be queen, a crowned queen consort! Those who want it differently are not the staunch supporters of the monarchy anyway, so why bother with them? Government had enough time to do something against tradition, they didn't and I don't see it coming.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
Because Diana is still such a source of profit to them, I suppose. And because they know how to stir up public resentment against the monarchy, and the royal advisors know it.
Hear hear Elspeth!!Do they know how to stirr up resentment?And to play the fools that buy it.

And,the Daily Express never misses a beat in bashing against both Charles and Camilla,and please,do take their "Poll" with a bucket of salt "thousands who voted"...indeed,my foot!If they were here in The Netherlands they would be sued broke.

As for Camilla,Duchess of Cornwall's future title?Queen.No doubt.
Old 05-22-2007, 12:37 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
...But of course she is going to be queen, a crowned queen consort! Those who want it differently are not the staunch supporters of the monarchy anyway, so why bother with them? Government had enough time to do something against tradition, they didn't and I don't see it coming.
That's exactly what I don't get. I was a Diana fan and have since moved on. Good rest her soul but Camilla is Charles' wife, period. She does a good job keeping him happy. She also does a good job in her royal duties. So how can people claim to support the monarchy and not support the BRF? Camilla has an impecable track record since joining the family. Another check in the box for Queen Camilla.
Old 05-22-2007, 02:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by CasiraghiTrio
I wish that Camilla would use her most senior title, HRH The Princess of Wales.
Camilla has the title, she probably just isn't that bothered about using it. I firmly believe that she would be happy to be plain old Mrs Windsor. Another thing to remember is that Charles was the Duke of Cornwall before he was PoW. The Scots don't have a problem with it, Camilla is the Duchess of Rothesay, the same as Diana or any wife of Prince Charles would be.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Camilla has the title, she probably just isn't that bothered about using it. I firmly believe that she would be happy to be plain old Mrs Windsor. Another thing to remember is that Charles was the Duke of Cornwall before he was PoW. The Scots don't have a problem with it, Camilla is the Duchess of Rothesay, the same as Diana or any wife of Prince Charles would be.
And I guess that Charles calls her Camilla and she him Charles or whatever name they like at the moment and all the other people except family and frineds call them Royal Highness so the actual title doesn't mean anything in their normal lives. It would have been different, though, if Camilla was deprived of her rightful title as HRH. IMHO.
Old 05-22-2007, 03:56 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
And I guess that Charles calls her Camilla and she him Charles or whatever name they like at the moment and all the other people except family and frineds call them Royal Highness so the actual title doesn't mean anything in their normal lives. It would have been different, though, if Camilla was deprived of her rightful title as HRH. IMHO.
Titles can be a pain in the ****, IMO, always wondering at the back of your mind whether X is friends with you as a person or as Lord or Lady something. Having said that, I too am glad she is an HRH!
Old 05-22-2007, 03:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Does anyone but a Diana fan read the Express?

Daily Express readers to get final say on Diana death

The readership of the Daily Express is to get the final say on Princess Diana's death, the coroner announced yesterday. Lady Eliza Manningham-Butler-Sloss told a preliminary court hearing that she did not want the panel to be drawn from the Royal Household, and this was an easy way of ensuring that it was not

DeadBrain - Daily Express readers to get final say on Diana death
I don't Skydragon.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:10 PM

Quote:
Of course you are right but it is still not fair because Camilla should also be able to use anyone of her titles. The fact is, as long as she isn't comfortable saying she is the Princess of Wales, it won't be a fair situation. She should feel comfortable doing that and she should do it, and say to all who tell her she's disrespecting Diana or whatever. Yes, she is Duchess of Cornwall, Rothesay, Countess of Chester, Carrick, and all the rest, but she is above all Princess of Wales and there shouldn't be any discussion or debate or confusion about it. There. I've had my rant.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

If Camilla had decided to use the Princess of Wales title, the obbesessed Princess Diana fans would be baying for her blood. Is it really such a big deal if she doesen't use the title Camilla is still going to become Queen.
Old 05-22-2007, 04:23 PM
Courtier

Hopefully, when the time comes everyone will be accepting of her using the title Queen. After all, it isn't one ever held by Diana, so that connection isn't there.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Well, yes, but it is the thought, I believe, that since Camilla commited adultery that she is not worthy of the style of Queen. The fact that she and Charles were so blatant about it irks some people I believe. And the fact that despite indications to the contrary, people believe that Diana and Charles would have had a happy and successful relationship had Camilla not been involved.

That might very well have been true, but unfortunately we will never know. And the fact of the matter is, people are always judged by their past actions, and those past actions follow them around like bad body odour. So despite the good that Camilla might be doing now, she is forever coloured by her previous bad behaviour. Unfortunately, she is the only one being held accountable for her behaviour.

Furthermore, there is the argument that having committed such behaviour, she and Charles are not worthy to head the COE as adultery is a sin.

And I firmly believe that people should be held accoutable for their actions, but once held accountable should be allowed to get on with their lives. Now, having said that, the question would be, does the British public believe that Camilla has been held accountable and has she done enough to justify being called a Queen? I am not British, so in the end my opinion really does not count. However, I think that if she is happy with Princess Consort then everyone should just let the matter be. Although, Princess Camilla sounds like a name for a teenager.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:20 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Empress
Well, yes, but it is the thought, I believe, that since Camilla commited adultery that she is not worthy of the style of Queen.
Well, that would have made Diana unsuitable to be queen as well!

If anyone is prepared to base an opinion on a 'phone in' poll in the Express, they should bear in mind that there are many Diana fans willing to spend a fortune to try to influence the vote and there are very few 'ordinary' Brits who would phone vote in the first place. You can tell how scientific it is by the '1000's' (how many exactly). 2 out of 3 marriages end in divorce in the UK, with adultery probably one of the main reasons.
Old 05-22-2007, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

If Charles and Diana decided not to finalize their divorce in 1997 and if Diana were alive, would she be eligible to be Queen, even though she has commited adulteries herself? And by that logic, Charles is not eligible to be King as well (actually, around 99% of the British Kings would not be)

Imho, it's not about the personal life of the Royals, its about the work they do. And traditions. The Duchess of Cornwall does an excellent job as the Prince of Wales' wife. And in this case we are talking about tradition that exists for hundreds, if not thousands, of years.

Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, princess consort, queen consort, styles and titles