The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 01-03-2006, 04:14 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189

In regards to Lady Louise, yes she might not have perform in official duties but I doubt she will lead a truly "normal" life. Not to wish harm on the little girl, but she is the granddaughter of a Monarch and the media will need a new "princess" to focus on in about 16 years or so. Zara has had her fill....Beatrice and Eugenie are getting older and you will be seeing them more in the public eye.
Whether she is called Lady or Princess the fact that she is the granddaughter of a monarch means that she will get the attention when she reaches that age anyway.

Afterall Zara has no title such as Lady or Princess and gets the attention as did Lady Sarah Chatto (Princess Margaret's daughter and therefore granddaughter of a monarch to show another example).

With or without the title she is still a member of the RF.

Old 01-03-2006, 07:53 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrissy57
Whether she is called Lady or Princess the fact that she is the granddaughter of a monarch means that she will get the attention when she reaches that age anyway.

Afterall Zara has no title such as Lady or Princess and gets the attention as did Lady Sarah Chatto (Princess Margaret's daughter and therefore granddaughter of a monarch to show another example).

With or without the title she is still a member of the RF.
Until the Queen issues a Royal Warrant, Louise is automatically a Royal Highness and Princess of the UK under the 1917 Letters Patent of George V as the daughter of a son of the Sovereign, just like Beatrice and Eugenie. Her style as Lady Windsor means nothing.

It's rather strange to me that Louise would be styled differently, but I guess they are leaving the door open to future changes with issuance of new letters patent governing the style and title of members of the royal family.

Old 01-03-2006, 08:02 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
A lot of people miss the fact that when Charles becomes King, it is up to him to decide whether to offer the title Prince of Wales to William.:)
Well, every male heir to the throne since 1301 has been created Prince of Wales, so it's a foregone conclusion he will be.
Old 01-03-2006, 09:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by branchg
Well, every male heir to the throne since 1301 has been created Prince of Wales, so it's a foregone conclusion he will be.
Tradition suggests that at some time William will become Prince of Wales BUT it is the monarch's peroragative (sp) unlike the title Duke of Cornwall, which is automatically his once his father becomes King.

Charles may wait 5 minutes, a day, a week, a month, a year, a decade or anything time period he chooses.
It is Charles decision as to when, and therefore if, he creates William Prince of Wales.
He might plan on making the creation after a year and die before that happens and thus William is not created Prince of Wales.
It is Charles' decision and not automatic, which is the point we are making.
Old 01-04-2006, 01:02 AM
Administrator

The senior Mountbattens

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk1189
So who is Ivar Mountbatten?
Well off-topic from "Title for Camilla", but since there's nothing much more to add to that subject, we'll go off on a tangent...

Lord Ivar Mountbatten is a descendant of Queen Victoria.

VRI > Princess Alice (m Grand Duke of Hesse and bei Rhine) > Princess Victoria (m Prince Louis of Battenberg, 1st Marquess of Milford Haven) > Prince George of Battenberg, 2nd Marquess of Milford Haven > David, 3rd Marquess (d 1970).

The 3rd Marquess had two sons:
> George Mountbatten, 4th Marquess of Milford Haven (b 1961), who has two children:
- Harry, Earl of Medina (b 1991)
- Lady Tatiana Mountbatten (b 1990)

> Lord Ivar Mountbatten (b 1963), who has three daughters:
- Ella (b 1996)
- Alexandra (Alix) (b 1998)
- Louise (Luli) (b 2002)

source: Queen Victoria's Descendants 1997 and Companion Volume 2004, by Marlene Eilers.
Old 01-22-2007, 05:19 PM
Nobility

Interesting speculation: Branch, you guess the Queen would change Camilla's title if Charles predeceased her?

To me she could just go on being Duchess of Cornwall and then when William had a son after acceding, the HRH the Dowager Duchess of Cornwall.

Or maybe they would go back to that rather old, rather lovely useage: HRH the Princess Dowager, as I believe Henry styled Catherine of Aragorn before and after her marriage to him.

I wondered last night what would happen (God forbid) if the Queen died suddenly and unexpectedly, of a heart attack or something. In such an unprepared cas Charles and Camilla would be King and Queen, and nothing else, for Camilla would not have yet been gazetted as Princess Consort. So if that were to happen - a sudden death - then there would have to be an active downgrading, vs, if the Queen got sick, they could see the writing on the wall and gazette Camilla before Charles' accessio.

Perhaps in this scenario the British public would say "Don't bother" "Oi, Charles, leave it! " and she could just be Queen - as should have happened all along.
Old 01-24-2007, 04:47 PM
Royal Highness

Royal diarist insists Britain´s Camilla will be Queen

http://www.allheadlinenews.com/articles/7006237606

Britain´s Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, will be Queen, according to a close friend of the late Queen Mother.
Old 01-24-2007, 06:08 PM
Imperial Majesty

"She seems well liked".

I believe he is right!
Old 01-24-2007, 06:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Well thats not a surprise now is it?
Old 01-24-2007, 06:29 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Not to me anyway. On another note, can't wait for the next installment of his diaries.
Old 01-25-2007, 01:14 AM
Majesty

I think that as time passes people are warming to Camilla as they see her in her own right and not through the eyes of someone else who had an axe to grind with her.

People are seeing her in the present and are making up their own minds about her NOW not what happened in the past.
Old 05-20-2007, 06:04 AM
Imperial Majesty

Charles 'wants Camilla to be crowned queen' - (So do I)

Amid the joy of Charles and Camilla's wedding announcement, a carefully sounded note of caution suggested that the Duchess of Cornwall would never be queen.

Charles 'wants Camilla to be crowned queen' | Uk News | News | Telegraph

Old 05-20-2007, 07:40 AM
Royal Highness

Thank you for posting the article Skydragon!
My opinion: C&C for & !
_______
but now from The Times....

The holiday battlefront

Prince Charles may have no reason to question “how green is my valet?” of his personal toothpaste squeezer, but last week he was given cause to ponder a more vexed issue. It is one that is increasingly splitting families – families vastly less wealthy and important than his own – straight down the middle.

The holiday battlefront-Comment-Columnists-Rachel Johnson-TimesOnline
Old 05-20-2007, 09:29 AM
Heir Presumptive

Well I was wondering how long Clarence House was going to keep up the sharade of Camilla using the title HRH The Princess Consort. Oh well.
Old 05-20-2007, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirhon11234
Well I was wondering how long Clarence House was going to keep up the sharade of Camilla using the title HRH The Princess Consort. Oh well.
The Clarence House has nothing to do with this claim, sirhon11234.
Though personally I hope it's going to be that way.

Quotes from the article:
Quote:
Now a television documentary is to claim that the Prince of Wales is, in fact, determined to make his wife queen when he accedes to the throne. It is understood that he is intent on gaining public support so that by the time of his coronation, both will be crowned at Westminster Abbey.
Channel 4, which will show the programme Queen Camilla on May 31, claims that it will reveal the "real" relationship between the prince and the duchess.
Just another of many tabloid stories.
Maybe Prince Charles does indeed want his wife to become a Queen but the Telegraph can hardly knows what he wants and what he doesn't want.
Queen Elizabeth: "I cannot lead you into battle, I do not give you laws or administer justice but I can do something else, I can give you my heart and my devotion to these old islands and to all the peoples of our brotherhood of nations." God, Save The Queen!
Old 05-20-2007, 11:08 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avalon
The Clarence House has nothing to do with this claim, sirhon11234.
Though personally I hope it's going to be that way.

Quotes from the article:

Just another of many tabloid stories.
Maybe Prince Charles does indeed want his wife to become a Queen but the Telegraph can hardly knows what he wants and what he doesn't want.
I agree Avalon and even if Charles wants Camilla to take the title of Queen, it doesn't mean that she necessarily will become Queen.

Now I think its better that Camilla become Queen because as a royalty-follower I think the title and the tradtion should be greater than the individuals that hold the titles at the moment. There have been several Princess of Wales and several Queens of England and God willing there will be many more but it won't happen if one holder of a title takes ownership of that title to the exclusion of everyone else that may have that right.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 05-20-2007, 12:17 PM
Courtier

As I understand it from the programme "Panorama", Camilla will become Queen whatever is said or not as a King has a Queen and a Queen has a Prince Consort.

I believe that the "tradition" should remain so and continue on, whether anyone cares for Camilla or not. As I see it from what I've read on both the forum and in the papers, King Charles' reign will not be a popular one at that, so his consort should have her rightful title and get on with it paving the way for King William or King Henry (depending upon if William survives to be King).
Old 05-20-2007, 12:47 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRH Kimetha
As I see it from what I've read on both the forum and in the papers, King Charles' reign will not be a popular one at that, so his consort should have her rightful title and get on with it paving the way for King William or King Henry (depending upon if William survives to be King).
Whether the reign of the next King will be a popular one or not you can form an opionen AFTER his reign but not NOW.
Old 05-20-2007, 01:06 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
Whether the reign of the next King will be a popular one or not you can form an opionen AFTER his reign but not NOW.
Are you saying I can't forum an opinion before his reign or are you saying people can't form opinions now, but after his reign? I'm confused about your response. Or, are you talking about my response to those who say a King Charles reign will not be a popular one from "what I've seen on the forum or from what I read in the papers?"

Are we talking about opinions or judgements (whereas judgements can be noted in the HERE and NOW, where opinions are AFTER the now?
Old 05-20-2007, 01:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by milla Ca
I agree. You can only judge afterwards. An unpopular Princess Beatrix became a beloved Queen. A hugely popular Prime Minister Blair became very unpopular. A hated Mayor as Giuliani can suddenly turn into 'America's Mayor'.

It indeed is nonsense to label a Reign which even has not started as 'unpopular' on beforehand.

Don't underestimate the power of the Crown. In the emotion after the death of Queen Elizabeth II, the people will initially rally around the new King. They will feel with his happiness when he helds his first grandchild in his arms. The old King, weary of mild majesty, can become a deeply beloved Sovereign. You never know.

A popular Prince William can in a few years time become the target of hatred media and of constant mockery. A haunted Camilla can suddenly receive positive press and what no one kept for possible, became true: she married the Prince of Wales and she can simply walk around with approval and well wishers and a well-willing audience.

The popular Queen can suddenly even get boo-ed, which happened last year at the opening of the Welsh Assembly. The legendary Queen Victoria has escaped three shootings, rotten vegetables was thrown against her carriage. Booing and whistling has been the Great Victoria's part.

So: let us await and see.

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, princess consort, queen consort, styles and titles