The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 05-31-2004, 10:26 PM
CathyEarnshaw

Quote:
Originally posted by Jann@May 31st, 2004 - 5:20 pm
Julian - the wonders of the web confirm that Camilla is catholic.

As the law stands (with little chance of being changed in the Quenn's life time) they cannot marry.

I hope that the personal attacks and bashing (of Charles, Diana, Camilla and anyone else) will stop along with speculation.
Camilla is not Roman Catholic. SO much for the "wonders of the web." Andrew Parker Bowles is Roman Catholic.

Camilla's parents were married at St. Paul's church in Knightsbridge in 1946. All three children were baptised according to the rites of the Anglican church. You will find the baptisms in the court pages of the Times.

Camilla and Andrew were married in the Guards Chapel, Birdcage Walk.

Some years ago, when this question came up, I did a Nexis search and pulled up dozens of articles which state that Camilla is not Catholic -even a quote from officials at the Palace regarding Camilla's religion.

Andrew Parker Bowles used to date Princess Anne, but marriage was out of the question because of his religion. He remarried in a civil ceremony.

Don't assume that everything you find on the web is accurate. Ask yourself several questions - what is the authority of the site. the veracity of the source, and so on.
Old 05-31-2004, 10:55 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspeth+May 31st, 2004 - 6:39 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elspeth @ May 31st, 2004 - 6:39 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jann@May 31st, 2004 - 2:46 pm
Isn&#39;t Camilla Parker Bowles catholic? Making this pointless as royals cannot marry catholics as the law stands?
She isn&#39;t Catholic. Andrew Parker Bowles is the one who&#39;s Catholic. [/b][/quote]
certain biographers of Charles and Camilla have asserted she is, who knows?

Old 05-31-2004, 11:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by Georgia@May 31st, 2004 - 1:29 pm
Julian, I think you need to calm down&#33;&#33;&#33; Exactly what is it that you want Charles to do? Dump Camilla, marry her or go on as they are? If he dumps her is he to be alone for the rest of his life with only his plants to talk to or is there a women worthy of our throne?
Well, I can&#39;t answer for Julian, but I can tell you what I wish for (although it will never happen):

For once, I want Charles to be a real man--I want him to apologize for his wrongs and selfishness. Diana is not here to repent hers, but Charles is. It is time he stands up and takes responsibility for what he has done. At least Diana took her share of the blame in the Panorma interview in 1995.
Old 05-31-2004, 11:42 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by Elspeth+May 31st, 2004 - 6:39 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elspeth @ May 31st, 2004 - 6:39 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-Jann@May 31st, 2004 - 2:46 pm
Isn&#39;t Camilla Parker Bowles catholic? Making this pointless as royals cannot marry catholics as the law stands?
She isn&#39;t Catholic. Andrew Parker Bowles is the one who&#39;s Catholic. [/b][/quote]
i told somebody about Camilla had relgions&#33; but her ex-husband who is catholic&#33; but i think she is roman catholic but she cant married into Royal Family because Royal Family have strict&#33;

Sara Boyce
Old 06-01-2004, 12:25 PM
CathyEarnshaw

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin+May 31st, 2004 - 9:55 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (tiaraprin @ May 31st, 2004 - 9:55 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by Elspeth@May 31st, 2004 - 6:39 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-Jann
Quote:
@May 31st, 2004 - 2:46 pm

She isn&#39;t Catholic. Andrew Parker Bowles is the one who&#39;s Catholic.
certain biographers of Charles and Camilla have asserted she is, who knows? [/b][/quote]
If an article or a book says that Camilla is RC, the article or the book is incorrect. her former husband is RC. Camilla is not. If Camilla were Catholic, everyone would know it and the media would be all over this like a bad rash.

Charles does not need to apologize to the world. That is something between God and himself - and no one else.
Old 06-01-2004, 03:36 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally posted by sara1981+May 31st, 2004 - 10:42 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (sara1981 @ May 31st, 2004 - 10:42 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Jann
Quote:

i told somebody about Camilla had relgions&#33; but her ex-husband who is catholic&#33; but i think she is roman catholic but she cant married into Royal Family because Royal Family have strict&#33;

Sara Boyce [/b][/quote]
Say what Sara Boyce ????
I realy don´t understand what you are saying with the RF in GB.

Old 06-01-2004, 04:00 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe+Jun 1st, 2004 - 2:36 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (H.M. Margrethe @ Jun 1st, 2004 - 2:36 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Quote:
Originally posted by sara1981@May 31st, 2004 - 10:42 pm
Quote:
<!--QuoteBegin-Jann
Quote:
Quote:

Sara Boyce
Say what Sara Boyce ????
I realy don´t understand what you are saying with the RF in GB. [/b][/quote]
im serious, HM Margrethe

because British RF have provide cant married to catholic&#33; you know im deaf im raise as deaf&#33;

Sara Boyce
Old 06-01-2004, 05:54 PM
Aristocracy

Marlene, read the thread and see whom I was referring to in my post. It certainly wasn&#39;t you. Nor is my neighbor the Prince of Wales, nor is my neighbor discussed ad nauseam on internet boards. B)
Old 06-02-2004, 12:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by tiaraprin@May 31st, 2004 - 10:04 pm
Well, I can&#39;t answer for Julian, but I can tell you what I wish for (although it will never happen):

For once, I want Charles to be a real man--I want him to apologize for his wrongs and selfishness. Diana is not here to repent hers, but Charles is. It is time he stands up and takes responsibility for what he has done. At least Diana took her share of the blame in the Panorma interview in 1995.
Julian,

If you read my post correctly, you would have seen that what I wanted was a "wish that would never happen". There is a great difference between wishing for something totally outrageous, and thinking it will happen.

As for the other person you mentioned in your post, I really do not care what she thinks anymore than she cares what I do. I just like to play devil&#39;s advocate :P at times and I admit some of the things she has said have made me see red&#33;&#33;

Just because she had dinner once in a group with the POW does not make her know him better than we who haven&#39;t met him. Charles is guarded in front of strangers (as most royals are), and only confides to his antiquated, sycophantic cronies like Fatty Soames.

Saying she had dinner with the POW is her way of making herself look more noble and above the rest of us. In my country, having dinner with the POW does not make the hoi polloi think more of you&#33;&#33;
Old 06-02-2004, 12:27 AM
Royal Highness

Uh, I have the Wendy Berry book and cannot seem to find the page that mentions Diana threw a hairbrush at a staff member--could you tell me the page??

Wasn&#39;t that book banned in Great Britain???
Old 06-02-2004, 12:29 AM
Royal Highness

Surprised she would read a "banned book".
Old 06-02-2004, 01:12 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
At least Diana took her share of the blame in the Panorma interview in 1995
Did she really?? I thought it was one long "I&#39;m so hard done by" whinge

Quote:
They neither of them look in the best of health and so hopefully they won&#39;t have that much time together left in this world anyway
What a disgusting thing to say, Julian. Wishing death & ill health on another human being has got to be the lowest thing a person can do&#33;

Quote:
Charles is guarded in front of strangers (as most royals are), and only confides to his antiquated, sycophantic cronies like Fatty Soames
At least what he tells them doesn&#39;t find it&#39;s way into the tabloids. He couldn&#39;t even trust his wife to keep his personal life private.
Old 06-02-2004, 01:16 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by wymanda@Jun 2nd, 2004 - 12:12 am
Quote:
At least Diana took her share of the blame in the Panorma interview in 1995
Did she really?? I thought it was one long "I&#39;m so hard done by" whinge

UH, if you have watched the Panorama interview (I have a copy), when Diana was asked if she was to blame for anything in the marriage she answered yes she would take half the blame, no more no less. She said she and Charles BOTH made mistakes.
Old 06-02-2004, 03:12 AM
Majesty

This thread has gotten out of order.....
it wll be closed

Posting Guidelines, Please Read

Closed Thread

Tags
camilla, camilla parker bowles, duchess of cornwall, styles and titles