The Prince's Trust and Patronages and Causes 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Prince of Wales was in Cumbria today, April 9.

As Founder of The Prince's Countryside Fund he toured the Rural Auction Centre in Milnthorpe and met guests at the launch of The Prince's Countryside Fund Tourism Initiative in Penrith,

as Founder of The Northern Fells Group he attended the group's 50th anniversary celebration in Wigton

and as Patron of the West Cumbria Hospice at Home he toured the charity's new Workington Hospice.

** zimbio/gettyimages gallery ** demotix gallery **

** itv.com: Princes Charles visits Cumbria **

** cumbriacrack.com: In pictures Crowds welcome The Prince of Wales as he goes walkabout in Penrith **
This made me want to book a trip. Those rabbit watercolours are terrific! That shy little ginger boy was adorable and those sheep were gorgeous. And those were all interior shots - imagine the views outside.

It was splendid to learn about The Prince's Drawing School.
I like The Prince's Drawing Clubs.
It was wonderful that students draw from art at the National Gallery.

On May 8 the Prince of Wales as Honorary Patron of the Association of Marshall Scholars attended a reception to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of The Marshall Scholarships at the Foreign and Commonwealth Office in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

Prince Charles looks quite dapper in that gown!

The Prince of Wales as President of the Royal College of Music attended the College's annual awards ceremony at the Royal College of Music in London today, May 14, 2014.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio: Royal College of Music Awards Ceremony **

** classicfm.com article and gallery: Nicola Benedetti, Murray Perahia and Andrew Lloyd Webber honoured at Royal College of Music **

I like the photograph where Prince Charles and the other people are in the foreground with the divided stairway in the background.
The painting with the fancy frame is elaborate.

I like the photograph where Prince Charles and the other people are in the foreground with the divided stairway in the background.
The painting with the fancy frame is elaborate.

That's Queen Elizabeth the Queen Mother - beautiful painting.

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 2h
.@PrincesTrust thinking of cutting staff because it's suffered a £2.8m funding shortfall and wants to avoid using its reserves of £22m.

Peter Hunt @BBCPeterHunt · 2h
According to @PrincesTrust , Prince Charles is well aware of cuts proposals and backs the plan to focus resources on frontline work.

Nick Sutton @suttonnick · 3h
.@jonmanel on #wato reports that @PrincesTrust may have to make between 50 and 100 of its staff redundant.

Nick Sutton @suttonnick · 3h
.@PrincesTrust Chief Exec tells @jonmanel their head office had become "a little too complicated and a bit too top heavy" #wato

Last edited:
In King Charles III, Anthony Holden wrote:

By the Queen's silver jubilee year of 1977 the Prince's Trust was a fast-growing full-time operation, with seven regional committees distributing some 35,000 pounds to 250 projects under the watchful eye of George Pratt. :sun::sun::sun:

The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Trust met design entrepreneurs who have been supported by the charity at Unit 10, Juno Way, Studio 13-15, South Bermondsey, London.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

In H.R.H. The Man Who Will Be King, Tim Heald and Mayo Mohs wrote:

With The Prince's Trust, Charles was adamant that people should not merely be helped but should be helped to help themselves.

The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Initiative for Mature Enterprise (PRIME) attended the launch of a report about the economic challenges facing people over the age of 50, entitled, "The missing millions: illuminating the employment challenges of the over 50s", at PWC, More London Riverside, London, today, October 23:

** zimbio/Gf/Bauergriffin.Com gallery: Prince Charles Attends 'Missing Millions' Event **

** theguardian.com: Prince Charles’s charity warns of ‘missing million’ unemployed over-50s **

I saw on the CBC that HRH, as Patron of The National Arts Centre of Canada Orchestra, attended their London Concert tonight. The NACO is on a Tour of UK as part of WWI Remembrance/Centenary Events between our Countries.

Due to the sad events of last week in Ottawa & Quebec, tonight's Concert was dedicated in Honour and to the Memory of Warrant Officer Vincent and Corporal Cirillo. :(

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

:previous:Yes I just watched that same news report. Prince Charles was wearing a Canadian poppy (as he is in the latest pictures above).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom