The Prince's Trust and Patronages and Causes 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

I think you are both right :D

Yesterday, June 9, Prince Charles as Patron of the British School at Athens, Greece attended
a reception to celebrate the 125th anniversary of the School in London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** daylife gallery **

Lovely

Hope I'm not duplicating a post.

Link to YouTube Videos of a great show about the Prince's Trust. Prince Charles is impressive the more I watch him. He gets better and better with age. I hope its not just because I am olding that I say that. ;) In these videos one can really see how engaging he is on the personal level.

Prince Charles Interview - Part 1 of 2

YouTube - ‪Prince Charles Interview - Part 1 of 2‬‏

Prince Charles Interview - Part 2 of 2

YouTube - ‪Prince Charles Interview - Part 2 of 2‬‏

Last edited:
Tyger said:
Hope I'm not duplicating a post.

Link to YouTube Videos of a great show about the Prince's Trust. Prince Charles is impressive the more I watch him. He gets better and better with age. I hope its not just because I am olding that I say that. ;) In these videos one can really see how engaging he is on the personal level.

Prince Charles Interview - Part 1 of 2

YouTube - Prince Charles Interview - Part 1 of 2 ‏

Prince Charles Interview - Part 2 of 2

YouTube - Prince Charles Interview - Part 2 of 2 ‏

Thank you for the links!. Really interesting to watch! :)

On June 16 the Prince of Wales as Patron met winners of the Ashden Awards for Sustainable Energy at Clarence House, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery **

The Prince of Wales as Patron of Breakthrough Breast Cancer has held a reception for the
Breakthrough Toby Robins Breast Cancer Research Centre at Clarence House today, June 21, 2011.

** Pic ** gallery **

The Prince of Wales as President of the National Trust hosted a reception and roundtable meeting
for representatives of the International National Trusts Organisation to discuss heritage issues,
Clarence House, London, June 22.

** Pic ** gallery **

On July 4, the Prince of Wales as President has met teachers attending The Prince’s Teaching
Institute’s Schools Programme Day, The Royal Institution of Great Britain, Albemarle Street, London.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** belga gallery **

The Prince of Wales has hosted The Prince's Trust 35th Anniversary Reception at Clarence
House on July 8, 2011 in London. Among the guests have been Rod Stewart and Kevin Spacey.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages/daylife gallery **

The Prince looks very pleased with himself ..... and he has reason to .....

I had no idea that the Prince's Trust had been going for 35 years.

Doesn't time fly?
The Prince's Trust - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

That had surprised me as well, I'm sure the Prince of Wales had similar feelings :)

Yesterday, July 14, the Prince of Wales as Patron hosted a reception for Garden Organic,
a charity for organic growing, in Highgrove.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gallery ** belga gallery **

I'm not a fan of Charles', and I know that some people "take the mickey" out of Charles for growing organic produce, but he has been steadfast in promoting the organics issue, and he will have the last laugh over his detractors.

The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Trust and the British Asian Trust attended a dinner
in aid of both charities hosted by members of the British Asian Community, at the Dorchester Hotel
in London, July 18, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

The Prince's Trust has certainly been a huge success taking the period it has been running. So "thumbs up" on that one. As for the organic gardening, well at least Charles has finally found something useful to do. It may be a lovely hobby but certainly not politically recognisable.

here in Switzerland, the bigger part is allready organic farming; as wages are high in our country - it's not worthwhile doing cheap industrial farming; farmers earn better with organic products.

I buy mostly organic food - as i'm shure this is the way to save our inviorment -

I'd love to buy totally organic, but here in the States, it is hard to find and very expensive when one does find it. We have a "whole" food supermarket chain, but they have been exposed for selling non-organic as organic. I shop there if I want root vegetables, as the organic (to me) tastes better.

Nice Nofret, Swiss wages are high, but everything is so expensive. I lived in Milan for six months (job related) and would not have made it without the company stipend.

Kitty - Here in Britain, not everything in the garden is beautiful when it comes to organics certification, but things are a lot better.

The Prince of Wales as President has hosted a reception to celebrate the 30th anniversary
of WaterAid at Clarance House, London, September 6, 2011.

** Pic **

Today, September 7, the Prince as Patron of Age UK, officially opened Tavis House, the new
hub for Age UK, during the event he tried using "Skype" for a video call on a computer.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

** ageuk.org.uk: Prince Charles gets online with Age UK **

Last edited:

The Prince of Wales as President of Business in the Community attended the opening of
a new Start-Up Shop in The Mall, Middlesbrough, Cleveland and made a visit to Redcar
Steelworks.

As President of The Prince's Trust he met young people and staff at The Prince’s Trust
Fairbridge Centre also in Middlesbrough, yesterday, October 24.

** Prince of Wales champions regeneration effort in region **

Yesterday, October 25, the Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Charities made a visit
to Sandygate Square, Slater's Terrace and Victoria Mill in the Weavers' Triangle, Burnley.

And as President of The Prince's Regeneration Trust he met staff and toured the factory premises,
Middleport Pottery, Port Street, Burslem, Stoke-on-Trent, Staffordshire.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

** BBC: Prince Charles visits Burnley's Weavers' Triangle **

Two great pics can be found here :D :

** BBC: Prince Charles at Victorian Middleport Pottery site **

:previous:

Some additions to these:

** Charles gets crafty **

Last edited:
Nice to see that the Prince is rather versatile in his approach, however he does look rather "confused" at the Victorian pottery site. An attempt at pottery class in a formal suit does seem rather bizzare though. Would still like to have seem more support for the Welsh rugby team at the World Cup Rugby in New Zealand last week. Coming fourth overall was a huge achievement for them. Well done Wales.

Nice to see that the Prince is rather versatile in his approach, however he does look rather "confused" at the Victorian pottery site. An attempt at pottery class in a formal suit does seem rather bizzare though. Would still like to have seem more support for the Welsh rugby team at the World Cup Rugby in New Zealand last week. Coming fourth overall was a huge achievement for them. Well done Wales.

Yes why didn't we hear anything in praise of Welsh rugby team from Prince William, who is after all the patron of the Welsh Rugby team and has been for several years.

The Prince of Wales as President of Arts & Business presented the Prince of Wales Medals
for Arts Philanthropy at Clarence House in London, November 17. He presented the medals
in recognition of sustained contribution to the nation's cultural life.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

On November 24, the Prince of Wales as Patron hosted a reception at Clarence House
in London to celebrate the 100th anniversary of the MacMian Cancer Support.

Pics 2-4 are my favourite ones ;)

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom