The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-28-2017, 02:53 AM
Administrator

On June 24 the Prince of Wales as Patron of the Welsh National Opera attended a performance of "Die Fledermaus" at the Wales Millennium Centre in Cardiff:

** wno: The Prince of Wales attends our final Cardiff performance **

Old 07-05-2017, 04:44 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's School of Traditional Arts attended the school's Degree Show and saw their works in London today, July 5:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** paimages gallery **

Old 07-05-2017, 08:47 PM
Nobility

This man, Prince Charles is one of the busiest royals out there. He really understands his mother's work ethic to a T. I do admire him for I think most don't understand that he is one very brilliant businessman also. Hopefully in the far off distant future people will come to see that he will make a great King Charles.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:52 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
This is a man that takes a brisk walk to relax. He's constantly on the go doing something. I agree that most people don't realize just how much this man has accomplished in his tenure as Prince of Wales. Not many realize too that Charles has 56 books to his credit as an author or co-author. He's an astute businessman, accomplished painter and definitely has a green thumb.

His time to shine is coming but I do think he'll be remembered in history more for what he's accomplished as The Prince of Wales rather than as a King.
Old 07-05-2017, 08:58 PM
Nobility

Absolutely M. Payton & Osipi!

You can tell by the pictures in the links just how engaged he is with the artists. He does his research (or at least studies the information provided to him by advisors), and is an informed and interested patron. I doubt that he writes his own speeches, but he most likely takes data points provided to him and compiles them into his own voice, so he sounds knowledgeable about the subject at hand. He is someone to be admired IMO.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:37 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
This is a man that takes a brisk walk to relax. He's constantly on the go doing something. I agree that most people don't realize just how much this man has accomplished in his tenure as Prince of Wales. Not many realize too that Charles has 56 books to his credit as an author or co-author. He's an astute businessman, accomplished painter and definitely has a green thumb.

His time to shine is coming but I do think he'll be remembered in history more for what he's accomplished as The Prince of Wales rather than as a King.

He wrote or co-authored *56* books, amazing and I did not know this about him. So off to my favorite book site to find his books. Yes he has the green thumb I wish I had, I love gardening and so wish for that piece of land to plant things. One dream trip would be to see his gardens and perhaps some advice if he is around.
Old 07-05-2017, 09:49 PM
Majesty

Here's a listing to make it easier on you. Some of the 56 books, I've noticed, is that he's just has written a foreword. I have his Harmony and the book itself reflects the man. Its a work of art.

He's been a very busy Prince of Wales and that's reflected in the immense success of The Prince's Trust and all of his other endeavors.

https://www.goodreads.com/author/lis...rince_of_Wales
Old 07-13-2017, 11:50 AM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales as Patron launched the new Royal Parks Charity in Hyde Park today, July 13. The new organisation has been created following the merger of the Royal Parks Agency and the Royal Parks Foundation.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince of Wales Launches Royal Parks Charity **
Old 09-07-2017, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Strongly recommend this piece by Chris Ship of ITN - he is new to the royal beat and tends to take a firm but fair line but always needs convincing.

How Charles is helping an entire community

Dumfries House: The ten year plan which lifted a town - ITV News

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-07-2017, 07:31 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Strongly recommend this piece by Chris Ship of ITN - he is new to the royal beat and tends to take a firm but fair line but always needs convincing.

How Charles is helping an entire community

Dumfries House: The ten year plan which lifted a town - ITV News
Thank you Cepe. What an excellent article.

Also a new patronage for the Prince, jointly with the President of Ireland

President Michael D. Higgins and HRH Prince Charles become joint patrons of Liverpool Institute of Irish Studies
Old 09-07-2017, 07:41 PM
Heir Apparent

Thank you! I meant to add that stuff re Liverpool and it slipped my mind.

That report from ITN is so fair and good. I hope many people see it.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-07-2017, 07:49 PM
Majesty

Charles very much has the right to be happy and boogie to "Jailhouse Rock" with the success that has been made from taking an interest in Dumfries House.

It is a wonderful article and I hope people take notice of what can be done and how to do it. We need more success stories like this.

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales, the prince's charities, the prince's trust