The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2013, 12:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince Charles Pictures - Prince Charles With the Young Achievers Award Recipient - Zimbio

Old 04-04-2013, 07:20 AM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

The Prince of Wales as President of the Great Steward of Scotland's Dumfries House Trust opened the new Belling Hospitality Training Centre, Dumfries House, Cumnock, Ayrshire, yesterday, April 3, 2013.

** Pic ** eveningtimes.co.uk: Charles tours Ayrshire training base choc full of talent **

Old 05-01-2013, 04:18 PM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales as Patron of Samaritans hosted a reception to mark the charity's 60th anniversary at Clarence House today, May 1st.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** gettyimages gallery **
Old 05-02-2013, 06:07 AM
Heir Apparent

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/ukne...s-suicide.html

Article from the Telegraph about the reception for the Samaritans at Clarence House. the Prince emphasised his concerns for those isolated in rural communities who are at high risk of suicide, as well as those working in known pressurised environments such as the City.

He also intends to visit one of their centres to show further support for the work that they do.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 05-02-2013, 02:14 PM
Majesty

Prince Charles criticised for using £3million feudal cash to fund his own charities:
Prince Charles criticised for using £3million feudal cash to fund his own charities | Mail Online

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 05-02-2013, 05:07 PM
Majesty

The fact that people can get this money by applying and that the money goes to charity is overlooked. What is also overlooked is the fact that The Queen has the same rights regarding the Duchy of Lancaster but she doesn't get criticised but we don't know how much she gets or where it goes other than to 'charity'. Charles is actually getting criticised because he is open about what he does with the money. The story also started in The Guardian - the staunchly republican paper that wants to end the monarchy completely.
Old 05-04-2013, 03:15 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Prince Charles employs intestate inheritance in charitable causes
http://www.hola.com/noticias-de-actu...5/casasreales/

Google Translate
Old 05-05-2013, 03:02 AM
Super Moderator

The Prince of Wales as Patron of Music in Country Churches attended a concert by the London Chamber Orchestra at Malmesbury Abbey, Wiltshire, yesterday, May 4, 2013.

** Pic **
Old 05-09-2013, 05:22 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceflower View Post

The Prince of Wales as Patron of Samaritans hosted a reception to mark the charity's 60th anniversary at Clarence House today, May 1st.

A little late, but I just gotta say about the first pic- oh to be a fly on the wall!
The Samaritans is a wonderful organization, which does great work.
Old 05-09-2013, 05:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

The Prince of Wales as Patron of Music in Country Churches attended a concert by the London Chamber Orchestra at Malmesbury Abbey, Wiltshire, yesterday, May 4, 2013.

** Pic **
Delightful!
Old 06-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Courtier

Charities fear funding crisis after accession of Charles to throne - Home News - UK - The Independent

Quote:
More than a dozen charities supported by the Prince of Wales have been warned they could face a funding crisis when he accedes to the throne.

Another reason against an abdication .
Old 06-02-2013, 08:39 PM
Majesty

I honestly think The Prince's Trust should turn into The King's Trust upon Charles's succession to the throne. I think he should be able to carry on his work and being involved with his charitable ventures.

I'm sure he's thinking about his trust's future.

Dr. Maya Angelou
Old 06-02-2013, 08:44 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
I honestly think The Prince's Trust should turn into The King's Trust upon Charles's succession to the throne. I think he should be able to carry on his work and being involved with his charitable ventures.

I'm sure he's thinking about his trust's future.
Honestly, I think it should merge with the Royal Foundation and become something that every heir to the throne does while they are the heir.
Old 06-02-2013, 08:48 PM
Majesty

Quote:

Something must have been VERY amusing judging by the expression on His Highness's face in the first photo. It's great to see him smile so much more in the past several years.

Quote:

** Pic **
Another great shot .

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRHHermione View Post

Honestly, I think it should merge with the Royal Foundation and become something that every heir to the throne does while they are the heir.
I disagree.... I think the charities and organizations supported are very personal to each patrons..... Charles created the princes trust from scratch and invented that role and organization. Will Harry and Kate are trying to do the same thing for their own personal causes for the royal foundation. Once Charles ascends the throne, merging the 2 would be disrespectful to what they have each tried to accomplish. And the staffs and courts of each. I prefer the idea that the princes trust evolves into the kings trust. Perhaps Charles asks Anne to oversee the trust on his behalf.
Old 06-02-2013, 10:38 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
I rather like that idea. It would provide a permanent role for the monarchs heir, and possible other children, and the focus of the foundation can always change to meet the needs of the time in which they live and the special interests of the heir.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:17 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MichelleQ2 View Post
I disagree.... I think the charities and organizations supported are very personal to each patrons..... Charles created the princes trust from scratch and invented that role and organization. Will Harry and Kate are trying to do the same thing for their own personal causes for the royal foundation. Once Charles ascends the throne, merging the 2 would be disrespectful to what they have each tried to accomplish. And the staffs and courts of each. I prefer the idea that the princes trust evolves into the kings trust. Perhaps Charles asks Anne to oversee the trust on his behalf.
Michelle, I doubt it would be as easy as that. See f.e. the Bahraini deal mentioned in the article:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Independent
On occasion, the Prince’s involvement in funding deals has attracted criticism. Earlier this year The Independent reported that The Prince’s Foundation for Building Community signed a £700,000 agreement with the Bahraini government to advise on a sustainable-housing development. The deal came a week after the Prince hosted Bahrain’s Housing Minister at Clarence House.
How much more criticism would it have raised, if he was king and not PoW.

He won't have sufficient time to take an active role and I doubt his sister could compensate it. After all she is pretty busy, too.

Another aspect mentioned is, that he will lose his Duchy of Cornwall lands which generate a part of the income which goes to 'his' charities.

However, what I can see is that William/Harry/Catherine might take over his charities. In particular, if their own interests are similar, thinking eg of the drawing school. Integrate/Combine it into their own trust.
Old 06-02-2013, 11:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Avicenna View Post
Michelle, I doubt it would be as easy as that. See f.e. the Bahraini deal mentioned in the article:

How much more criticism would it have raised, if he was king and not PoW.

He won't have sufficient time to take an active role and I doubt his sister could compensate it. After all she is pretty busy, too.

Another aspect mentioned is, that he will lose his Duchy of Cornwall lands which generate a part of the income which goes to 'his' charities.

However, what I can see is that William/Harry/Catherine might take over his charities. In particular, if their own interests are similar, thinking eg of the drawing school. Integrate/Combine it into their own trust.

Exactly. I think that's by far the most commonsense solution. And while I feel like the choice of the charities to support was originally personal to each member of the family who chose it, I think going forward, it doesn't matter which member of the family is helping to raise funds for it- what matters is that the charity continues to be able to do their good work.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:12 AM
Heir Apparent

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Exactly. I think that's by far the most commonsense solution. And while I feel like the choice of the charities to support was originally personal to each member of the family who chose it, I think going forward, it doesn't matter which member of the family is helping to raise funds for it- what matters is that the charity continues to be able to do their good work.
As we've already seen, a lot of motivation for some of the work William and Harry do and the patronages they've established stem back to the example they were set by their mother. They continued on in her memory. Its not too far off the wall that they would also take their father's works and passions to heart also.

If Charles' patronages and charities and trusts were to be kept as "Prince's" organizations under William, Harry and Kate, with William being the Duke of Cornwall once Charles becomes King, things would basically remain the same with only a change at the top level and the Duchy of Cornwall funds would still be available. I'd bet my last donut that Charles doesn't have fools and incompetent managers that run the majority of the day to day business aspects of his concerns and he'd be very much available to guide and steer the next generation of Patrons in the right direction from behind the scenes.

We don't know when this would all happen and hopefully not for many years yet but it does seem like a nice package to walk into with the young royals possibly still getting their feet wet as full time royals. Charles worked long and hard to lay the groundwork and establish his causes and it hasn't been done half heartedly.
Old 06-03-2013, 12:41 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
Its not too far off the wall that they would also take their father's works and passions to heart also.
100% Agreement

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I'd bet my last donut that Charles doesn't have fools and incompetent managers that run the majority of the day to day business aspects of his concerns and he'd be very much available to guide and steer the next generation of Patrons in the right direction from behind the scenes.
In fact I believe he has already started the 'steering'. Remember when Catherine joined him to one of his charities? Or lately, when William joined the PoW at the wildlife conference? These joined Engagement are the right step, if he plans that the younger generation is to take over.

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales, the prince's charities, the prince's trust