The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-20-2003, 01:52 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally posted by wlb825@Oct 20th, 2003 - 10:44 am
She sure does.... Why won't someone tell her that she looks so bad.... I mean she is well know for getting pleople to look better why can she do the same....
yeh i'm wondering that too.

she's really anti-adevertising for her clothes , most fashion designers look very good/have style

Old 01-11-2004, 11:56 PM
Nobility

From the BBC -

Prince to host urban music event

50 Cent is among the artists being approached

Prince Charles is to host Britain's biggest urban music festival in London.
50 Cent, Justin Timberlake, Ms Dynamite and Big Brovaz are among the stars approached to take part in the event.

The Prince's Trust Music Festival, to be staged at Earls Court on 8 and 9 May, is expected to attract up to 40,000 fans.

The event, to be covered by BBC Radio 1 and sister station 1 Xtra, will also feature break-dance contests and lessons in graffiti writing.

A spokeswoman for the trust said: "There is currently nothing like this on the music calendar, and the market-place is clamouring for a large-scale, credible urban event to celebrate the steady rise of this music genre.

"We are in discussion with some major international stars and it will be fantastic line-up."

The Prince's Trust also stages the annual Party In The Park pop concert and recently held the Fashion Rocks event at the Royal Albert Hall.

Old 10-29-2005, 12:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was watching TV and they were talking about Prince Charles and The Princes Trust. They said that Prince Charles said that maybe years after his death people will realize what he did, they said exact quotes but I can't remember them....He doesn't think he is getting enought credit. He seemed really bitter about it.

I understand that he wants people to recognise his hard work, but doesn't that seem a little selfish? I think that is what makes many people not like him, he wants admiration for everything he does. I know The Princes Trust is a great charity, but it seems that he would want attention on the charity and not himself.

Old 10-29-2005, 02:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I was watching TV and they were talking about Prince Charles and The Princes Trust. They said that Prince Charles said that maybe years after his death people will realize what he did, they said exact quotes but I can't remember them....He doesn't think he is getting enought credit. He seemed really bitter about it.

I understand that he wants people to recognise his hard work, but doesn't that seem a little selfish? I think that is what makes many people not like him, he wants admiration for everything he does. I know The Princes Trust is a great charity, but it seems that he would want attention on the charity and not himself.
He wants people to change his image in their minds: he is not a playboy but he is hard working and does his duties. After all his life about is just to wait the death of his mother and succeed the throne. The 1994 Dimblebly TV interview also have a purpose to show his responsiblity and devotion to his public duty but the confession of his adultery overshadowed that main topic.

The problem is always there. People are more interested in his private life rather than his work.He is very annoyed by that. He wants the recognisition of the public indeed. Since the problem of his relationships with Camilla has been settled, he would have more focus in his work. Camilla is very very low key and nothing may be found about her. royal watchers said that Charles holds a high self-esteem like his mother but he is similar to Diana to analyse the media reaction and the combinations of the two make him in a difficult situation as a result.
Old 10-29-2005, 03:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
He wants people to change his image in their minds: he is not a playboy but he is hard working and does his duties. After all his life about is just to wait the death of his mother and succeed the throne. The 1994 Dimblebly TV interview also have a purpose to show his responsiblity and devotion to his public duty but the confession of his adultery overshadowed that main topic.

The problem is always there. People are more interested in his private life rather than his work.He is very annoyed by that. He wants the recognisition of the public indeed. Since the problem of his relationships with Camilla has been settled, he would have more focus in his work. Camilla is very very low key and nothing may be found about her. royal watchers said that Charles holds a high self-esteem like his mother but he is similar to Diana to analyse the media reaction and the combinations of the two make him in a difficult situation as a result.
good point, I didn't see it that way.

Old 10-29-2005, 04:03 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry's polo shirt
I said that awhile back. The Prince's Trust is a huge, highly successful and long-running charitable endeavour. He hasn't gotten credit for it.
Old 10-30-2005, 02:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I said that awhile back. The Prince's Trust is a huge, highly successful and long-running charitable endeavour. He hasn't gotten credit for it.
I found an article about it.--- http://www.femalefirst.co.uk/royal_family/104132004.htm

Old 02-20-2006, 11:11 AM
Heir Apparent

Charles and Camilla attend the "Prince's Trust Celebrate Success Awards"
from getty
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	56891880.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	35.9 KB
ID:	229054   Click image for larger version

Name:	56891886.jpg
Views:	99
Size:	32.9 KB
ID:	229055   Click image for larger version

Name:	56891893.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	229056   Click image for larger version

Name:	56891898.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	25.9 KB
ID:	229057  

Name:	56891903.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	38.0 KB
ID:	229058  
Old 02-20-2006, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Images from polfoto
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	AP625628_guest.jpg.jpg
Views:	116
Size:	37.4 KB
ID:	229073   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP625629_guest.jpg.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	26.5 KB
ID:	229074   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP625630_guest.jpg.jpg
Views:	76
Size:	22.6 KB
ID:	229075   Click image for larger version

Name:	AP625640_guest.jpg.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	27.8 KB
ID:	229076  

Name:	51.jpg
Views:	80
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	229088   Click image for larger version

Name:	52.jpg
Views:	109
Size:	28.7 KB
ID:	229089   Click image for larger version

Name:	53.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	24.1 KB
ID:	229090  
Old 02-20-2006, 02:16 PM
Heir Presumptive

she looks great. really lovely! this is a nice outfit though imho dark blue is always a bit dull. its a very safe color and im sure that is why she and so many other royal ladies like it but well nothing risked, nothing gained.

oh well. this outfit has a nice textured jacket and a flouncy skirt which make it more interesting and of course I absolutely adore that necklace. it always hits the right note.
Old 02-20-2006, 04:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Getty Images
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	56893419.jpg
Views:	100
Size:	31.7 KB
ID:	229100   Click image for larger version

Name:	56893421.jpg
Views:	65
Size:	21.1 KB
ID:	229101  
Old 02-20-2006, 05:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince defends 'dismissed' youth

Prince Charles has warned against "dismissing" youngsters as "thugs and hoodies" during an awards ceremony.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4733990.stm
Old 02-20-2006, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

I liked the speech especially the "but they are not faceless and nameless" part. I familiarized with that. Camilla did look nice but she didnt take away any attention which I liked.
Old 02-20-2006, 07:29 PM
Royal Highness

Location: Up the street,hang a left,3rd house from the corner, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejohnny25
I liked the speech especially the "but they are not faceless and nameless" part. I familiarized with that. Camilla did look nice but she didnt take away any attention which I liked.
I agree. That's what I so like about them, that they compliment one another so.
Old 03-14-2006, 03:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Brown’s trust fund cut upsets Charles
LONDON: Prince Charles has challenged Gordon Brown over plans to cut £5.5mn of funding from his youth charity, the Prince’s Trust.

http://www.gulf-times.com/site/topic...8&parent_id=20
Old 03-14-2006, 09:01 PM
Royal Highness

I hope the charity can find the extra funding.:(
Old 03-15-2006, 02:54 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerry
I hope the charity can find the extra funding.:(
Yes, I hope so. Good luck to Prince Charles and his charity. He will certainly take some new strategy to find the solution.
Old 03-15-2006, 05:57 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by love_cc
Yes, I hope so. Good luck to Prince Charles and his charity. He will certainly take some new strategy to find the solution.
I find it amazing that no one seems to have reported this much, in the UK. It seems the government is desperate enough to try to 'steal' from Charles' successful charity, helping thousands of youngsters, to try to bolster it's own failing 'New Deal', which in reality is helping no one.:(
Charles and his advisors are clever people and I am sure they will find a way!:)
Old 03-15-2006, 08:03 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
I find it amazing that no one seems to have reported this much, in the UK. It seems the government is desperate enough to try to 'steal' from Charles' successful charity, helping thousands of youngsters, to try to bolster it's own failing 'New Deal', which in reality is helping no one.:(
Charles and his advisors are clever people and I am sure they will find a way!:)
Please give us updates as they become available. My only chance of hearing more on this is through TRF.

Thanks!
Old 04-02-2006, 10:51 PM
Heir Presumptive

Prince's Trust to launch adverts

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4870970.stm

Tags
prince charles, prince of wales, the prince's charities, the prince's trust