The Prince's Trust and Patronages and Causes 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Prince of Wales as President of the Cambrian Mountains Initiative hosted a reception for supporters of
the initiative, wholesalers, restaurateurs and food writers at Clarence House, London on December 7, 2011.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

^^ where is he looking at in the 3rd pic :whistling:

The Prince of Wales as Patron of The Soil Association hosted a reception for supporters
and hospitals championing The Soil Association’s campaign for better hospital food at
Clarence House, London, December 15.

** Pic **

** Royal recognition for excellence in hospital food across the UK **

HRH The Prince of Wales long been actively involved in the drive towards better hospital food and has been working with the Soil Association, as our Royal Patron, since 2004. At a Soil Association event, which took place at the Royal Brompton in 2008, he encouraged NHS hospital trust chief executives to improve the quality of hospital food, saying “we are what we eat…we go into hospital to get well, so what we eat must help, not hinder that process.”

Mail online (scroll down)

Prince Charles is supporting an imaginative campaign to raise money for the Welsh Guards.

He has joined a list of distinguished artists who are donating works for an online auction for which the proceeds will go to support the families of the seven guardsmen to lose their lives and the 20 seriously injured in Afghanistan.

The Prince, who is Colonel of the Regiment and a friend of the late Lt Col Rupert Thorneloe, killed by the Taliban in a roadside bomb in July 2009, has provided a signed lithograph of the garden at Highgrove.

:previous:Bully for Prince Charles! Wish his brother would do the same with his photography!

Prince Charles is a wonderful man who has done a lot of good for so many people. :flowers:

Russophile said:
:previous:Bully for Prince Charles! Wish his brother would do the same with his photography!

Which brother?

A long time ago, I heard Prince Andrew dabbled in photography though haven't heard much about it lately.

Which brother?
Andrew. He actually has a good eye and could shoot some lovely coffee table picture books for charity.
There was one picture of Fergie in a fur lined bomber jacket that was so very flattering. He definately has an eye.

In 2002 at Windsor Castle there was a display of photographs of the Queen during her 50 years as Queen. Some of the nicest ones, I thought, were the ones taken by Andrew.

The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Foundation for the Built Environment, accompanied by
Kirsty Allsopp, Ambassador for The Prince's Foundation, viewed the work of the foundation and met
local business owners on a visit to Lower Marsh, Waterloo, London today, January 27:

** london-se1.co.uk: Prince of Wales visits Waterloo’s Lower Marsh Market **

** thisislondon.co.uk: Charles's battle to revamp Waterloo **

The Prince of Wales also attended a "Showcase of Scottish Food and Drink" and met chefs from the
Academy of Culinary Arts, of which he is Patron, at the Royal Automobile Club, London.

** zimbio gallery: Prince Charles Attends A Showcase Of Scottish Food And Drink **

In 2002 at Windsor Castle there was a display of photographs of the Queen during her 50 years as Queen. Some of the nicest ones, I thought, were the ones taken by Andrew.

I think the Queen always looked softer in the photographs by Andrew. What mother wouldnt look more endearing when looking at her own child than a stranger.

The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince’s Trust has visited The Café of Good Hope
and met the Mizen family and young people representing The Prince's Trust and the Scout
Association in Lewisham, London today, February 1st, 2012.

The Café of Good Hope was opened in 2010 by the Mizen family in memory of 16-year-old
Jimmy Mizen, who was murdered in 2008, with proceeds from the cafe going towards
various youth projects.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince Of Wales Visits The Cafe Of Good Hope In Memory Of Jimmy Mizen **

** thisislocallondon.co.uk: The Prince of Wales has visited Hither Green **

** BBC video: Prince Charles listens to Lewisham youth at Jimmy Mizen cafe **

The Prince of Wales as President met head teachers attending The Prince's Teaching
Institute's Schools Leadership Day, to celebrate the 10th anniversary of the charity,
Madingley Hall, Cambridge today, February 8, 2012.

The seminar is part of the PTI's school leadership programme, created last year at the
request of headteachers to help communication between schools.

The Prince of Wales as President hosted a reception and dinner for supporters of the British Asian Trust
at Windsor Castle yesterday, February 13 and caught the attention with his jacket:

"Some of you think it is something to do with Valentines Day, I promise you it is absolutely nothing to do
with Valentines Day, it is actually called the Windsor Coat", he said, "It goes back to the days of my great
great great great grandfather King George III, who pinched the idea off Frederick the Great who used to
dress his staff in this particular combination. My ancestor thought it was such a good idea that he adopted
it and it became the Windsor Coat and it is only worn here at Windsor so I thought I would clear up any
suspicions you have in your minds." ;)

** Pic ** PA: Charles dispels Valentine rumours **

Charles is to be commended for the work he's doing to tackle what is is a huge problem for our country. He really is a leader in this area.

It just makes me laugh a little bit. People were saying that Haakon and Frederik work hard doing about 170 engagements per year. Charles does over 600 and has made a significant and lasting contribution to the improvement of our society. He gets lots of unfair criticism for his private life; but no other future monarch in Europe comes close to matching him.

Yesterday, February 15, the Prince of Wales visited the headquarters of his youth charity
The Prince's Trust in London to announce 100 new jobs for unemployed young people, who
will then help a further 100,000 young people to find work.

** telegraph.co.uk video: Prince Charles launches youth job ambassador scheme

** PA: Charles unveils job creation scheme **

Prince Charles is doing something that's very helpful and dignified, in my opinion. He's helping the young people find themselves. Admirable indeed. My respect for him is rising more and more.

The Prince of Wales as Patron of Teach First, accompanied by the Duchess of Cornwall visited Uxbridge
High School in Middlesex to mark Teach First's 10th anniversary on February 22, 2012.

The couple met Teach First teachers representing every year of the decade-long partnership with the
school and hear how the school's partnership with Teach First has helped transform it from a struggling
school to one that consistently returns GCSE attainment figures well above the national average.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** Pic 6 ** Pic 7 **

** PA: Charles praises Teach First scheme **

HRH The Prince of Wales and HRH The Duchess of Cornwall visit Uxbridge High School - YouTube

The Prince of Wales as President of The Prince's Trust has attended the Prince's Trust's Invest in
Futures gala dinner held at The Savoy in London on February 23, 2012 and met beneficiaries of
the Trust and its supporters.

** Pic ** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** PA: Stars attend Prince's Trust dinner **

** dailymail: She's a Grecian goddess! Cheryl Cole is sleek in a white drape dress as she charms Prince Charles...**

Earlier that day the Prince of Wales as President of Business in the Community attended "The
Communities Summit" and met "Business Connectors" at the Roundhouse, Camden, London.

** Pic **

** Speech at the Business in the Community Summit **

:previous: I'm so happy that both, the Prince and the Duchess are passionate about education. You can see that both were genuinely interested in what was going on in that school.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom