The Prince of Wales's Forests and Rainforests Projects

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 25.3.2009

The Prince of Wales talks to Tom Boardman Chief Executive of
the Nedbank Group Ambassador, Hans Brattskar Director of Norway's
International Climate and Forestry Initiative and Simon Rietbergen
Senior Project Manager at the Prince's Rainforests Project at a
meeting of the African Task Force Advisory Board at Clarence
House in London, March 25, 2009.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

The Prince of Wales is not known for his love of technology - he refers to the radio as the wireless - but he will break new ground today when he becomes the first senior member of the Royal Family to utilise a social networking site in their official duties.

Prince Charles goes on MySpace for the first time - Telegraph

Princes and frogs are usually something of fairy tales, but there is nothing fictional or magical about the Royal family's latest campaign which features both figures.

Charles, and sons William and Harry, appear alongside an animated frog in a star-studded YouTube film for the Prince of Wales's latest environmental crusade

Pictured: The Prince, a frog and a film star on a mission to save the world's rainforests | Mail Online

Nice videos Skydragon!:flowers:

A few pics from Jamd
Prince Charles, Prince of Wales launches 'The Prince's Rainforests Project' on May 5, 2009 in London, England. The campaign's aim is to raise awareness and public concern that encourages action to end tropical deforestation.
Jamd
Jamd
Jamd
Jamd
Jamd
Jamd

IBL

IBL

What a lovely website, great clip, very impressive.

True to Prince Charles's reputation as an environmentalist, he's been getting involved in the ongoing debate about saving the world's remaining rainforests by trying to make them more commercially viable as standing forests than as piles of logs.

He has a website on the topic which is well worth a look.

Prince's Rainforests Project

That is such a great clip, well done to all involved. I hope it makes a difference. :flowers:

Karanganyar, Central Java. Britain’s Prince Charles has set aside 2 billion euros ($2.8 billion) to help Indonesia and other developing countries preserve their rain forests .....

We should all plant more trees, including fruit trees, in whatever empty spaces we can find

Backed by inspiring music, Harrison Ford is supporting and voicing a new campaign called “Team Earth”. The 67-year-old actor is a long-time conservationist and last summer, at the height of the Indiana Jones 4 media blitz, waxed a portion of his chest to highlight deforestation. For this new effort, Ford is once more promoting preservation of the forests by partnering this campaign with Prince Charles’ Rainforest Project.

Harrison Ford Wants You To Join Team Earth « ecorazzi.com :: the latest in green gossip

[FONT=verdana,sans-serif,arial]Prince Charles of Great Britain has emerged as one of the world’s highest-profile promoters of a scheme that could finally put an end to destruction of tropical rainforests.

The Prince’s Rainforest Project, launched in 2007, is promoting awareness of the role deforestation plays in climate change—it accounts for nearly a fifth of greenhouse gas emissions.

Prince Charles making progress in effort to save rainforests, says leading British environmentalist
[/FONT]

Stunning images of the world’s rainforests will soon be on show at Kew Gardens as part of a campaign against tropical deforestation spearheaded by Prince Charles.
The photographs, by the winner of this year’s Prince’s Rainforest Project Award, Daniel Beltrá, show the effects of climate change on the rainforests of the Amazon, Democratic Republic of Congo and Indonesia.

Prince's Rainforest exhibition opens at Kew - Environment - The Independent

Sting has leant his voice and his lyrics to a campaign spearheaded by Prince Charles intended to safeguard against the destruction of the world’s rainforests.

The singer has released a special compilation video of The Police’s ‘Message in a Bottle’, urging the public to (as the chorus goes) ‘send an SOS to the world’ in support of the Prince’s Rainforests Project (PRP).

Rainforests: Prince Charles and Sting send an SOS to the world - Environment - The Independent

Has anyone signed up on the website I did but there's one thing I don't get where do our SOS messages go? I've seen a few on the whole "Your SOS messages" section but most of them are from celebrities. Are the ones we send going to be used in December in Copenhagen?

Quite possible. I do hope that these are read by the Prince before being sent somewhere.

Last edited by a moderator:
Has anyone signed up on the website I did but there's one thing I don't get where do our SOS messages go? I've seen a few on the whole "Your SOS messages" section but most of them are from celebrities. Are the ones we send going to be used in December in Copenhagen?
You are correct, they are to be presented in December. :flowers:
The Rainforest SOS message takes the form of the supporter's name and an optional short message to show their support for emergency action for the rainforests. These messages will demonstrate the level of public support for
action to be taken to stop rainforest destruction, as well as display the growing awareness of deforestation's link to climate change. Such a message is vital ahead of global climate change negotiations in Copenhagen this December.

Many of the world's biggest online portals and well-known brands are coming together to support the PRP's Rainforest SOS campaign. Partners will be sending information about the campaign and the sign up request through their customer and employee channels via dedicated homepages, email signatures, customer communications, website content and donated banner space.

The launch of the Rainforest SOS campaign will for the first time see organizations from all sectors join together to support this vitally important cause. From media leaders such as Turner AOL, Yahoo, Google, MySpace, Facebook, Treehugger and Greenopolis to leading companies including Boeing, Virgin, Dell, and McDonald's to NGOs such as Conservation International, NRDC and The Rainforest Action Network - these organizations are all uniting to help send the biggest SOS for the rainforests.
The Prince's Rainforests Project Launches Rainforest SOS | Reuters

Ah thanks Sky so that's where they go, then what are the ones on the website for I guess just like a little sample sorta huh?

:previous: Yes, to show that all sorts of people care and are willing to show it.:flowers:

ya that's what I figured. I sent about 3 different SOS messages lol I'm prob only supposed to send one but I kinda went overboard haha I couldn't help it I got into it.

I admire Prince Charles for throwing himself into such a good cause. I wonder do all those people ravaging the planet have space ships on standby because if nothing changes they're gonna need them. I sent out my SOS for Copenhagen :)

Pics 19.11.2009

The Prince of Wales at a meeting of the Prince's Rainforests Project,
at St James's Palace, London, November 19, 2009. He met with Chief
Tashka Yawanawa from the Brazilian rainforests (pic 1) and with
schoolchildren who decorated a frog and made some rain forest
related drawings and displays (pic 4).

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** belga **

I thought this was a great video to post, just shows you how far Prince Charles' campaign has come.

YouTube - PRP Public Awareness Campaign Highlights

And I got my weekly Rainforest project newsletter yesterday and I thought these were great statistics and wanted to share.

Our public awareness campaign has been a huge success. Since May, there have been 1.6 billion opportunities to see the campaign message. We have had more than one million visitors to our website from 209 countries/territories and over ¼ million people sent a Rainforest SOS message.

Our campaign films have been viewed over six million times, 5,000 people recorded their own video message with the frog and we have more than 30,000 friends across four social networks.

Our Schools Programme has also engaged 620,000 pupils from 1,200 schools in rainforest learning activities.

The Prince of Wales will travel to the Copenhagen climate change conference to deliver an address to delegates from 192 countries.

Prince Charles accepted an invitation from the Danish Government to speak at the start of the final four days of negotiations. He will travel to the Danish capital in a seven-seat RAF aircraft. His spokeswoman said that it was not possible to travel on a scheduled flight because of prior engagements and the risk of being delayed.

He will speak on December 15, during the second week of the two-week conference. The main theme of his speech is likely to be saving the world’s rainforests. In 2007 he created a campaign for funding from wealthy countries to pay rainforest nations to reduce the rate at which they chop down trees.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/news/environment/copenhagen/article6939888.ece

The Prince of Wales is in Norway for the International Conference on
Climate and Deforestation. He met among others with environmental
activist and Nobel Price winner Wangari Maatha (1) Norwegian Prime
Minister Jens Stoltenberg and Crown Princess Mette-Marit (2) and
the President of Indonesia Susilo Yudhoyono (3), Oslo, May 26, 2010.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** gettyimages **

Last edited:
Thanks a lot for posting the link to Charles' speech, love_cc,
it's always nice and interesting when we get the chance to
read them!

Here's a pic of that speech:

Prince Charles addresses the Climate and Forest Conference in Oslo
on May 27, 2010. Indonesian President Susilo Bambang Yudhoyono
said in Oslo on May 26 that his country would introduce a two-year
moratorium on deforestation, which contributes to global warming.

** Pic ** belga **

It's always nice to see the Prince of Wales so active - I really enjoyed his speech! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom