The Prince of Wales's Forests and Rainforests Projects

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

The Prince of Wales has become new President of the Worldwide Wildlife Fund (WWF) UK!

Today, September 8, he has given a keynote speech during an event to mark the 20th anniversary
of the Global Forest & Trade Network, an initiative established by WWF to improve the responsible
management of the world's forests at St James' Palace in London. Princess Alexandra was present
as well, as she's been the President during the last years.

** Pic ** daylife/gettyimages gallery **

** PA: Prince in call for climate action **

** wwf.org.uk: New President for WWF-UK **

** telegraph: Prince Charles warns of human extinction **

Last edited:
:previous:Please correct me if I am wrong Ice, however wasn't Prince Philip a head of this organization at one time as well?

:previous:Please correct me if I am wrong Ice, however wasn't Prince Philip a head of this organization at one time as well?

Yes, he was WWF President from 1981-1996. Good to see Charles getting involved as WWF-UK President, maybe one day he will follow into his fathers footsteps, ideal patronage for him.

Last edited:
Looks like he walked to the reception.

Looks like he walked to the reception.

:) Just up the street. I actually have thought about this - how often he walks over to the palace? I realize there are security issues, but there are also probably some excellent safe shortcuts through the buildings. ;)

:) Just up the street. I actually have thought about this - how often he walks over to the palace? I realize there are security issues, but there are also probably some excellent safe shortcuts through the buildings. ;)

As he's been quoted in a recent interview "Some people need a cigarette. I need a walk". I imagine there is pretty good security in and around that area and the Prince is a familiar sight walking.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom