The Prince of Wales's 60th Birthday Celebrations: November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

milla Ca

Royal Highness
City
N/A
Country
Germany
Exhibition to mark Charles´s 60th birthday

Intimate family photographs and personal effects are to be displayed at Windsor Castle in a special exhibition to celebrate the 60th Birthday of the Prince of Wales.

Exhibition to mark Charles's 60th birthday - Crawley Observer

Exhibition to mark royal birthday

Visitors will see pictures of the young Charles at play with sister Anne and their mother at Balmoral, along with snaps from his military career.

BBC NEWS | UK | England | Berkshire | Exhibition to mark royal birthday
( with such a sweet pic :wub:)

4th December
To celebrate the 60th birthday of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales in 2008, a special exhibition will be shown at Windsor Castle, the royal home where The Prince spent much of his childhood.

The Prince of Wales - An exhibition to celebrate the 60th Birthday of HRH The Prince of Wales at Windsor Castle, 16th May 2008 to 22nd February 2009

Visitor information:
The Royal Collection: Royal Palaces, Residences and Art Collection

The Royal Collection - HRH The Prince of Wales: An Exhibition to celebrate his Sixtieth Birthday

Rarely seen items from Charles' childhood to go on display

Pics:
The newly created Prince of Wales heads off proudly to his Cheam prep school
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

The new exhibition to mark Charles´ 60th birthday next year includes photos and souvenirs such as this childhood geometry set.
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=

Mementos like this history notebook, complete with childish spelling errors offer a unique insight into the young Prince´s life
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=

Last edited by a moderator:
Previously unseen pictures: The days when Prince Charles was happy playing in a pedal car (before he got his Aston Martin)
Previously unseen pictures: The days when Prince Charles was happy playing in a pedal car (before he got his Aston Martin) | the Mail on Sunday

Life in a lens: private moments of a young prince shown for first
Life In A Lens Private Moments Of A Young Prince Shown For First Time (from The Herald )

Perspectives on a Prince’s life: Charles at 60 is an open book

Perspectives on a Prince’s life: Charles at 60 is an open book - Times Online

Prince Charles, aged 5, writes to his Granny
Prince Charles, aged 5, writes to his Granny - Telegraph

I just love to see cutie Prince Charles!"an explosion of multicoloured kisses. ":wub:

Last edited:
My heart goes out to Prince Charles when I see these precious photos. I see a little boy already acutely aware of his duty and birthright. It's almost like he was a 60 year old in the body of a 7 years old...

I hope somewhere in his life Prince Charles found things that allowed great childish abandon as we "regular people" had and took for granted. I do think the reason William and Harry are the most awesome royal men ever is in a large part due to their father's sensitivity of how he recognized and respected their need to be children (even if it made him personally uncomfortable due to his own formal upbringing at times).

Last edited:
Do you know if there will be a party with other royals for this occasion???

BBC's birthday gift to Prince Charles

The BBC has been a dirty word at Clarence House since the Prince of Wales was caught on an "open" microphone in 2005 saying of Nicholas Witchell, its royal correspondent: "I mean, he's so awful, he really is."

July 26

BBC's birthday gift to Prince Charles - Telegraph

Do we know if that picture of HRH done by Chuck Close will be exhibited?
BTW, did he paint that all by himself?

I remember Her Majesty The Queen as Princess Elizabeth being greeted on the tarmac on her trip to Treetops with a bouquet from a young man who born on the same day as Prince Charles. Wouldn't it be fantastic if this man, if he is still with us, to be a part of Prince Charles' birthday in some way?

I would think that there are more than a few Britons born on the same day as Charles, who knows there might be letters being sent out as we speak.

I would think that there are more than a few Britons born on the same day as Charles, who knows there might be letters being sent out as we speak.

Including Paul Dacre, editor of the dreadful Daily Mail. I'm not entirely sure either Charles or Camilla would be happy to see him at the party.:eek:

Actually the Queen has very little to do with the selection of exhibition themes from the Royal Collection. All the Royal Collection Trustee meetings which oversee loan decisions are chaired by Prince Charles and the Queen never attends.

Last edited by a moderator:
Chelsy Davy and Kate Middleton invited to Prince Charles 60th Birthday Bash

HM has invited Chelsy Davy and Kate Middleton to Prince Cahrles 60th Birthday to be hosted at Buckingham Palace.

This is to be a black tie evernt.

Does the Queen's invitation signify that these two girls have been accepted into the family.

As far as I know only fiance's and wives are allowed to parties at the palaces.

Is this an official bash, or were they invited perhaps as friends of the prince?

HM has invited Chelsy Davy and Kate Middleton to Prince Cahrles 60th Birthday to be hosted at Buckingham Palace.

Maybe we should wait for the official guestlist. The article that Kate and Chelsy are invited was printed in ´The Sun´ first...:whistling:

Retail praise for Prince´s gift book
September 25

Random House Children's Books has unveiled further details of its major autumn release, The Birthday Book, which will celebrate the Prince of Wales' 60th birthday and support the Prince's. Foundation for Children & the Arts.

theBookseller.com

Retail praise for Prince´s gift book
September 25

Random House Children's Books has unveiled further details of its major autumn release, The Birthday Book, which will celebrate the Prince of Wales' 60th birthday and support the Prince's. Foundation for Children & the Arts.

theBookseller.com

I hope this book is better than the catalogue to the Windsor Castle exhibition published by Royal Collection Enterprises. That book despite claiming to cover Prince Charles's life up to 2008 has 3 photos of Diana (mainly with the children) and absolutely no photographs of Camilla - not even one of the lovely wedding photos!! It's as if the Palace officials are trying to wipe Camilla from the record of Prince Charles's life:bang:

It's as if the Palace officials are trying to wipe Camilla from the record of Prince Charles's life:bang:
:rolleyes: I should think that every 'palace official', is well aware of the importance of Camilla in Charles' life, past, present and most important - future. It is after all only a catalogue that you are talking about, not even a book.

I hope this book is better than the catalogue to the Windsor Castle exhibition published by Royal Collection Enterprises. That book despite claiming to cover Prince Charles's life up to 2008 has 3 photos of Diana (mainly with the children) and absolutely no photographs of Camilla - not even one of the lovely wedding photos!! It's as if the Palace officials are trying to wipe Camilla from the record of Prince Charles's life:bang:

I´ve visited the exibition at Windsor Castle two weeks ago and the weeding pic of Charles & Camilla is one of the biggest there and it is placed where nobody can ignore it.
Fortunately the times are over where palace officials or somebody else can disregard Camilla! :flowers:
_______________________________________________________________________________________
Charles and a recession-proof 60th birthday
September 28

Charles and a recession-proof 60th birthday | Mail Online

With the world facing economic meltdown, most families are in the process of tightening their collective belt.
But the Royal Family is no ordinary family.
They seem to have decided that this is no time to be cancelling a good party. Or two

What credit crunch? Prince Charles is having not one but TWO lavish 60th birthday parties | Mail Online

-----------------------------------
They omit in the headline, that Charles would rather NOT have had the state banquet, just a party with his friends AND that none of it is being paid by the taxpayer! :whistling:

They omit in the headline, that Charles would rather NOT have had the state banquet, just a party with his friends AND that none of it is being paid by the taxpayer! :whistling:
I wondered about that. Good to know! Thanks Sky! :flowers:

Prince Charles' 60th birthday: Robin Williams and John Cleese to perform
September 30
Robin Williams is to end a 25-year absence from the British stage to join John Cleese and Rowan Atkinson in celebrating Prince Charles’s 60th birthday.

The three comedy greats are the first names announced for a televised gala being held to raise tens of thousands of pounds for youth charity The Prince’s Trust.

Prince Charles' 60th birthday: Robin Williams and John Cleese to perform - Telegraph
__________________________________________________________________________________________________
from getty:
Prince Charles at 60 - A retrospective

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

With the world facing economic meltdown, most families are in the process of tightening their collective belt.
But the Royal Family is no ordinary family.
They seem to have decided that this is no time to be cancelling a good party. Or two

What credit crunch? Prince Charles is having not one but TWO lavish 60th birthday parties | Mail Online

Not only that. I downloaded the first version of this article which was posted on the Mail on Sunday website on 28th September. That is distinctly different from that which appeared on the front page of the Daily Mail newspaper on the 29th. For example in the original article is the comment in quotes made by a Clarence House source that: 'Camilla has worked extremely closely with the Queen and Michael (Fawcett) on the formal birthday dinner on November 13 which will be attended by the Prime Minister and around 170 other dignitaries and guests'. In the 29th September article the fact that Camilla & the Queen were working together on the formal party has been totally omitted. Also deleted is the fact that the Queen's diamond wedding anniversary party held last year in June was otganised by Michael Fawcett. What the Daily Mail inserted instead was a whole load of distorted misinformation such as the 'fact' that they went on a 12day winter cruise around the Caribbean - in fact a 10 day official Foreign-Office supported visit to 4 Commonwealth countries in the Caribbean in Spring.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom