The Prince of Wales's 60th Birthday Celebrations: November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
:walesflag::duchyofcornwall:
Hear Hear Hear!!

I wholeheartedly agree with you Your Grace!
:flowers:

:britflag:

Duke you have excelled yourself, beautifully expressed and very very true, I echo Lucien´s "hear hear hear".

Princess Maxima of The Netherlands, pictured leaving the Claridges Hotel in London. UK.
apparently maxima and WA weren't staying at MC's house. perhaps they just went for a visit. nice to see maxima's dress after all! it's a lovely dress - the colour and cut are in my opinion a bit too much for the taste of the british royal house, but nevertheless a lovely choice.

nice pictures of mary walking in london. was that just outside MC's house or her neighbourhood or did she go for a walk elsewhere?

I have to say that i was a little sceptical when i saw first pics of Camilla in the car wearing a pink dress. But i just could watch (at BBC World ) a report with the pics of yesterday evening. And now i can resume that all six family members looked great, but the Duchess of Cornwall looked absolutely stunning!

Claridges is where Nikolaos lives...and MC was sitting next to her husband in the car. It's Prince Nikolaos in the front next to the driver!:ROFLMAO: Maybe they all met up at one or two places so that they could ride in cars together?

For what I can see Methilde and Letizia seems to be the best ones. They look lovely.

About Maxima: her face and jewerly are great but the dress IMO look old fashioned!

OK, here's what I've pieced together so far, largely from the photos plus some reports. There are some obvious holes but I haven't made any assumptions (Beatrice, Eugenie, Earl of St Andrews etc)
The list will be extended as more information becomes available.

The Royal Guests

No Anne she's in New Zealand on an official visit.

From the pictures also can be seen
Crown Princess Margarita of Romania and her husband Prince Radu
The Countess of Ulster (wife of son of Duke of Gloucester)
Princess Beatrice

CP Haakon of Norway, arrived at 8.30pm due to an earlier official engagement.

Last edited by a moderator:
Mary looks terrible because she wanted to be in her best fashion choice, sometimes she must be carreful because too mucht fashion addicted is not good!:cool:

Sorry biboquinhas, but that sounds rather nonsensical to my ears. Her outfit has nothing to do with being 'fashion addicted'. You may like it or not, that's up to you. But like any other female guest invited, Mary dressed up and tried to look nice. Talking about being fashion addicted is rubbish imo.

There are picture of Mary in a black coat. Are they also from London? Someone have bigger pictures?

BTW thank you everyone for the all the pictures :flowers:.

yes, they were posted before and taken in london.

apparently maxima and WA weren't staying at MC's house but the Claridges Hotel in London, UK.

The Claridges is the ££££££ place to stay. Very trendy, michelin star cook Gordon Ramsay - very famous in the UK for his cooking shows and his vibrant personality - has his one-star restaurant at this hotel. Those posters who have heard of Gordon Ramsay before can imagine that it would be a funny encounter if he and Maxima had actually met in his restaurant :)

Thank you to everyone who has posted pictures! :flowers: Everyone looked fabulous and it was nice to see so much effort made for Charles official 'do'.

Claridges restaurants offer a variety of chefs beside Ramsey, thank goodness.:D
----------------------
Prince Charles chose a formal uniform but a relaxed pose for the official portrait to mark his 60th birthday.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/7727856.stm

Prince Charles, one of the longest serving heirs to the throne, celebrates his 60th birthday on Friday as a poll showed more people would now prefer him, rather than his son William, to succeed the Queen.

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/22/20081114/tuk-uk-britain-charles-fa6b408.html

Mary is frighteningly thin at the moment. She looks positively skeletal in the hip area. I'm sad that she has worn such a goth black outfit to a gala dinner. The proportions are all wrong. She should follow Letizia's usual lead and wear colour. (That said, I haven't seen what Letizia is wearing!) Maxi wore a fabulous tangerine dress.

Actually, to my eye the proportions seem quite right. It's a great (airy, as is mean to be) fit, and looks lovely on her.

The only eligible reference to 'goth' would be the lacework on the blouse (which is a stunning piece as it is). The rest of the ensemble is anything but. It is MC's dress which could be considered 'goth', in comparison to Mary's.

If you look good in black, where it I think. And as it just so happens, Mary looks splendid in black...though of course we all disagree on many a variety of opinions.

Mary looks terrible because she wanted to be in her best fashion choice, sometimes she must be carreful because too mucht fashion addicted is not good!:cool:

With all due respect: you can't be serious!
IMO this is an insult to the intelligence of CP Mary! I doubt that she dressed up for the event at BP with the intent of turning heads! By the way, we don't even know if her dress was black, do we? The lacy top could be midnight blue for all I know!

Those posters who have heard of Gordon Ramsay before can imagine that it would be a funny encounter if he and Maxima had actually met in his restaurant :)

Except Gordon Ramsay isn 't cheffing at Claridge's very often! Rumour has it that he is busy doing TV shows and inspecting all his restaurants!

thanks for every one poste a picture , i really enjoy this event in this forum , all the guests looks fabulous specialy princess maxima ! but theire is no foto for all the royals ? i mean i poster like all the royals do ? i didn't see a big foto of the duchess camilla i like to see the detailes of her pinck dress ?
what about today surprise party ?? i hope to see moooore fotos !
happy birthday brince charles !

Well it is a bit strange to say that all ladys look wonderful when we can only see their faces. As for Marie Chantal and Mary we can pressume that bothe Mary and Frederick where staying at her house. Mary looks like she was going to a Hallowen party also Marie Chantl was not in her best. Dressing all black by someone who is a dark hair is not the best choice!!! Mary looks terrible because she wanted to be in her best fashion choice, sometimes she must be carreful because too mucht fashion addicted is not good!:cool: Why Marie Chantal was sitting in the back side of the car and her husband at the front???Why they were not sitting together???

Prince Pavlos was sitting by Marie Chantal side. Prince Nicolaus was the one who was sitting at the front.

O.K it was my mistake!
As for Mary's clothes I just think that she tries a lot to be into fashion, she achieve that most of the time, of course, I love the way she dresses, but sometimes I just hope that she could dress more like a Royal and not like a fashion celebrity that is all!

O.K it was my mistake!
As for Mary's clothes I just think that she tries a lot to be into fashion, she achieve that most of the time, of course, I love the way she dresses, but sometimes I just hope that she could dress more like a Royal and not like a fashion celebrity that is all!

And again Hear Hear Hear!!

Allthough,shall we leave the fashion comments in that respective thread?It spoils the Thread of todays birthday boy.Anyone agree?!
:flowers:

As far as I could see in those few photos, P. Mathilde was the best, very well dressed for the occasion, very chic, classic and beautiful, followed by CP Maxima, who looked stunned but a bit too flashy...

Camilla looked very very nice in pale pink!

CPs Mary and Marie Chantal were the worst... Mary's skirt simply didn't match with the upper shirt (although her earings looks FAB!) and Marie Chantal let me speechless with her Madona hair style (OMG!!!).

I agree Maxima looked too flashy although I liked the dress I don't think it was suitable for this occassion- a bit like she wanted all to know she was there a bit like a celebrity.

Allthough,shall we leave the fashion comments in that respective thread?It spoils the Thread of todays birthday boy.Anyone agree?! :flowers:
Well yes, dear Lucien. But your plea would have been more effective if you hadn't indulged in the fashion critique yourself! :D
Now, back to the party... :)

I'm hoping that some official group photo's will follow...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom