The Prince of Wales's 60th Birthday Celebrations: November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What I meant was Charles and Camilla's children are already full grown adults, and Camilla is a grandmother twice. While the other CP couples are raising toddlers. So on a personal level, while Charles and Camilla may find connection to the younger royals' experience, the understandings may not be reciprocated.

Also, all the Crown Prince/Princesses focus mostly on charities and duties within their own country. There is only so much "talk shop" one can go through on waiting-in-line. I just can't imagine discussing how the only way one can get job advancement is the passing of one's parent. Having met some of the couples already, even in few occasions, I'd imagine Charles would have formed opinions as to pursue extensive relationship with his counterparts.

Likewise, just IMO.

Job "advancements"..good lord!! :eek:.lol.

I understand what you're saying, but I still don't think it would hurt to partake on occasion.

Prince Charles: Life begins at 60 for a Royal ahead of his time but still waiting to be King

As the Prince of Wales's landmark birthday approaches, the historian Andrew Roberts says the heir to the throne, far from being an interfering eccentric, has always been ahead of his time.

October 22
Prince Charles: Life begins at 60 for a Royal ahead of his time but still waiting to be King - Telegraph

What a wonderful article and I so agree - he has been a great Prince of Wales and should be respected for that service to his country over the years.

At last, a measured and informative look at his life.:flowers:

Two things: it was probably an article written in cooperation with Clarence House which could well have been okayed by the prince. There was a lot of "insider" statements in it which sounded as if they came straight from CH. So allow me to emphasize two things: first the idea of king Charles and queen Camilla. Lovely. About time somebody wrote this and in this way. Second: William and Catherine. The message was: "for all the media speculation, there are 'no plans' for him to settle down either." Okay, but if so, why mention Kate Middleton at all in such an "official" article?:D

Two things: it was probably an article written in cooperation with Clarence House which could well have been okayed by the prince. There was a lot of "insider" statements in it which sounded as if they came straight from CH.
Not Guilty m'Lady!
saint-0102.gif
So allow me to emphasize two things: first the idea of king Charles and queen Camilla. Lovely. About time somebody wrote this and in this way.
I will second that!
Second: William and Catherine. The message was: "for all the media speculation, there are 'no plans' for him to settle down either." Okay, but if so, why mention Kate Middleton at all in such an "official" article?:D
Mmmm:angel:

Two things: it was probably an article written in cooperation with Clarence House which could well have been okayed by the prince. There was a lot of "insider" statements in it which sounded as if they came straight from CH. So allow me to emphasize two things: first the idea of king Charles and queen Camilla. Lovely. About time somebody wrote this and in this way. Second: William and Catherine. The message was: "for all the media speculation, there are 'no plans' for him to settle down either." Okay, but if so, why mention Kate Middleton at all in such an "official" article?:D

To hopefully dampen speculation about a forthcoming wedding and let the young couple reach a decision when they are ready without the constant speculation - won't happen that way I know but it could be an attempt to do something.

I loved the mention of the possibility of the title Queen Camilla (and the fact that she should be Princess of Wales - and I wish she was using that title as it would remove it from the public's consciousness as being associated with Diana. I know the arguments for her using Duchess of Cornwall I just disagree with it).

To hopefully dampen speculation about a forthcoming wedding and let the young couple reach a decision when they are ready without the constant speculation - won't happen that way I know but it could be an attempt to do something.

I loved the mention of the possibility of the title Queen Camilla (and the fact that she should be Princess of Wales - and I wish she was using that title as it would remove it from the public's consciousness as being associated with Diana. I know the arguments for her using Duchess of Cornwall I just disagree with it).

I would be surprised if Kate Middleton's name was mentioned in any, press release from CH, if it was then this is leaps and bounds for Kate's acceptance in the firm

Fødselsdagsfest for The Prince of Wales
Torsdag 13. november 2008 kl. 18:30
Kronprinsparret deltager i 60 års fødselsdagsfest for The Prince of Wales på Buckingham Palace.

TRH the Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark will attend the Prince of Wales' 60th birthday celebrations at Buckingham Palace

:)

Oh I am so happy I was wrong!!!

It shall be the first time HRH The Crown Princess shall have met Queen Elizabeth, whom she is on record as saying she very much looked forward to meeting at some stage.

I'm thrilled they're going to participate...:)

Does any one know weather Prince Haakon and Princess Mette Marit are coming ???

Does any one know weather Prince Haakon and Princess Mette Marit are coming ???
I believe on the British Royal Message Boards has posted that the Crown Prince couple will be there along with Queen Sonja.

Apologies is this has been posted already but has a guest list for the birthday events been posted yet?

Apologies is this has been posted already but has a guest list for the birthday events been posted yet?

no, not officially. i guess this will be given sooner the date. we are just getting individual confirmations from each of the families. so far, only the danish crown princely couple confirmed assistance. i guess the norwegian royals will also be there.

Will the arrivals of the guests be televised or is it a private party with a few official pictures released?

The ´Telegragh´ seems to be the expert for articles about ´Charles at 60´, but at least they are not bad, aren´t they?
Here is another one:

Prince Charles at 60, happy at least

Approaching 60, Prince Charles is more content than ever: satisfied in both his personal and professional life, he accepts that his legacy as Prince of Wales might outweigh his potentially short reign as King Charles III.

Prince Charles at 60, happy at last - Telegraph

Perish the thought! :ohmy:
MARG, are you saying that because you dread Charles becoming King?:flowers:
---------------------
Here we have the Nicholl woman again! :eek:

Prince Charles was supposed to have not one but two parties to celebrate his 60th birthday this month.
But now, not content with a reception and dinner at Buckingham Palace followed by a private shindig at his Highgrove home in Gloucestershire, he will be guest of honour at a third lavish bash.

KATIE NICHOLL: The brunch bunch join Charles for 60th birthday party #3 | Mail Online

If you read past the headline, it has nothing to do with Charles, it is HM trying to placate Gordon Brown and other dignitaries!:whistling:

The ´Telegragh´ seems to be the expert for articles about ´Charles at 60´, but at least they are not bad, are they?
Here is another one:

Prince Charles at 60, happy at least

Approaching 60, Prince Charles is more content than ever: satisfied in both his personal and professional life, he accepts that his legacy as Prince of Wales might outweigh his potentially short reign as King Charles III.

Prince Charles at 60, happy at last - Telegraph
Not a bad article, but I do worry about the constant referral to unnamed sources.:flowers:

the king and queen of spain will visit japan from the 8th-14th november. i guess that leaves less possibilities of the prince and princess of asturias representing the spanish house in the birthday celebration :(

MARG, are you saying that because you dread Charles becoming King?:flowers:
---------------------
Here we have the Nicholl woman again! :eek:

Prince Charles was supposed to have not one but two parties to celebrate his 60th birthday this month.
But now, not content with a reception and dinner at Buckingham Palace followed by a private shindig at his Highgrove home in Gloucestershire, he will be guest of honour at a third lavish bash.

KATIE NICHOLL: The brunch bunch join Charles for 60th birthday party #3 | Mail Online

If you read past the headline, it has nothing to do with Charles, it is HM trying to placate Gordon Brown and other dignitaries!:whistling:

When's the poor man going to have time to attend this brunch organised on his actual birthday at such short notice by his mother! He's already got 2 main engagements on that day - 1 attending a Prince's Trust project and then attending a classical concert by children from his Children & the Arts Foundation. More to the point when is he going top have time on his actual birthday to receive Camilla's 60 gifts!!

Guests from Norway

The Royal House of Norway will be represented by HM Queen Sonja and TRH Crown Prince Haakon and Crown Princess Mette-Marit.

HRH The Prince of Wales
Her Majesty The Queen and Their Royal Highnesses The Crown Prince and Crown Princess attend the celebration of His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales' 60th anniversary, London (17:45 - His Royal Highness The Crown Prince will be in attendance from 20:30)

EDIT: It seems the Crown Princess won't attend the birthday due to her concussion.

Last edited:
is it not a private dinner at Buckingham Palace so we are unlikely to see pictures of the royals attending?

I just have seen that the only German TV report about Charles 60th birthday will be on Thursday November 13 (from ZDF with the title: ´Der ewige Thronfolger´) at 0.35 in the night.
Poor German television...:bang:
( Or can somebody tell me something else....please!!)

Poor German television...:bang:
Well Royalty is definitely overshadowed by the US elections.
So, of course they show programs about the election instead of something about the Royals.
So why "poor german television"?
As ARD and ZDF are regulated by public law they have a informatory duty.
Maybe there will be a documentary about the PoW when the whole Election-hype is over.

Last edited:
The election is today/ tomorrow, the birthday in ten days so i think there would be then time for a report about the Prince in the evening -where most people like to watch.
I remember similar TV programs about other royal birthdays at a time where not everybody sleeps....:ermm:

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom