The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-13-2008, 11:10 AM
Serene Highness

LOS PRÍNCIPES DE ASTURIAS ASISTIRÁN A LA RECEPCIÓN QUE LA REINA ISABEL OFRECERÁ HOY EN BUCKINGHAM EN HONOR A SU HIJO, EL PRÍNCIPE CARLOS

the princes of Asturias will attend tonight!!

http://princessesblog76.blogspot.fr/
Old 11-13-2008, 11:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Hola is not always trustworthy, has got confused more of once in these topics, it will be necessary to wait that EFE publishes it or to this night.

Old 11-13-2008, 11:16 AM
Gentry

Certainly, this magazine already is not very trustworthy.
We will have to wait to this night ... what time is it the act?
Old 11-13-2008, 11:35 AM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by janelarn View Post
Certainly, this magazine already is not very trustworthy.
We will have to wait to this night ... what time is it the act?
6:30pm UK - the dresscode is supposed to be black tie.
The event at Buckingham Palace today is expected to have 450 royals, politicians, dignitaries and hangers-on in attendance.

I would be surprised if the Princes did not attend, I am sure Charles has invited all of his peers and it's not an invitation to decline. I am rather surprised that even other monarchs attend, not only Charles's peers. Maybe it has to do with being in the same age group. I am curious if HM The Queen will show up as hosting an event for her son does not mean for sure that she will attend. Do we have info on Maxima & WA? Maxima has or had an act today in Rotterdam but I guess they still will show up.
Old 11-13-2008, 11:42 AM
Gentry

Million graces(thanks) for commenting on the schedule. Thank you very much.
The problem of the princes of Asturias is that very strange they go out out of Spain if the Kings are not ... but I hope that today it is an exception.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:29 PM
Moderator Emeritus

What time the reception stars?
And, Is there any on line web to see the arrival of the guest?

Old 11-13-2008, 01:43 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
What time the reception stars?
And, Is there any on line web to see the arrival of the guest?
6:30pm UK - the dresscode is supposed to be black tie.

it's disappointing really i was hoping for some tv coverage but nothing from this event since it's labelled "private". i am wondering what kind of coverage we will get after all. it's a bad thing to say but the public doesn't really care much about these events, they rather worry about recession at the moment but not royals showing up on the red carpet. furthermore, if there are pics the focus will be on charles, camilla, the queen, politicians and whether Kate & William are there but not so much on foreign royals. the brits only care about their own royals, if at all at the moment. i don't think we can expect one of these lavish and open celebrations we are used from the nordic countries. that's just what i think, i hope i am wrong.
Old 11-13-2008, 01:58 PM
Majesty

There will be one (family- ) group picture released tomorrow morning.This is a private party,so no pics of the guests.

All of Charles's "collegues" will be in attendance.And,Duke of Marmelade,it is not Charles who issued the invitations,
but his dear mama The Queen who's hosting the bash.So whether or not many peers will attend is not so sure.There
are more brands of people then them only.....Comedians for example...Joanna Lumley,Fry...

Gotcha....!

What wonderfull pics.Dear dear Máxima,how gorgious you are....
Old 11-13-2008, 02:34 PM
Majesty

just on time! (18-34 UK time) :)
i can't wait to see the pictures. hopefully we can see lots of foreign royalty tonight. didn't they release a guestlist?

EDIT: first pics!
the duchess of cornwall
the countess of wessex
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 11-13-2008, 03:26 PM
Courtier

More photos of the royal guest's arrival

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 11-13-2008, 03:27 PM
Moderator Emeritus

More photos

Prince Philipe and Princess Mathilde
ImageShack - Hosting :: 83678983bv1.jpg
ImageShack - Hosting :: 836789471a7b95me4.jpg

king Constantine and Queen Anne-Marie
ImageShack - Hosting :: 836789441b9bb2av2.jpg

Princess Maxima
ImageShack - Hosting :: 836789421bbe9dym6.jpg
http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?i...11f8a45xw3.jpg

Princess Victoria
ImageShack - Hosting :: 836789401be159ml6.jpg

Prince Frederik and Princess Mary
http://img394.imageshack.us/my.php?i...81cbe7ejl1.jpg

Princess Michael of Kent
http://img370.imageshack.us/my.php?i...61e9933xn0.jpg

Afghan president Hamid Karzai
http://img255.imageshack.us/my.php?i...01f006djc5.jpg

Old 11-13-2008, 03:39 PM
Royal Highness

WOW! I do believe this is the largest influx of royalty to Great Britain in years...to be honest...not since the Queen Mother died. We see most of the crown prince/princess...how wonderful. And Maxima in that picture....looks STUNNING!
Old 11-13-2008, 03:51 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
There will be one (family- ) group picture released tomorrow morning.This is a private party,so no pics of the guests. All of Charles's "collegues" will be in attendance.
thanks for the info lucien i did not know. i have hope for a "heir/heiress" picture a la luxembourg silver wedding anniversary.

Quote:
And,Duke of Marmelade,it is not Charles who issued the invitations,
but his dear mama The Queen who's hosting the bash.So whether or not many peers will attend is not so sure.There
are more brands of people then them only.....Comedians for example...Joanna Lumley,Fry...
oh yes i forgot. isn't that terrible ... you're sixty and mama is still organizing your birthday party ... yes there will be lots of people - more than usual for a royal birthday - from arts, culture etc because of charles's prince's trust or the many other social / cultural organisations he supports.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:03 PM
Royal Highness

Without seeing the full picture of Maxi's dress, I can tell you that she is the one with the most flare, or daring outfit of the evening. There's definitly something about maxima, heh? Mary will be practically perfect in every way, and Mathilde will hopefully be her old elegant self.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:10 PM
Nobility

waw ! what a big number of royal guest , this neight wll be special for the prince , the royal ladys are in theire topof glamour tonight , specialy Maxima she looks STUNNING!
you are lucky man prince Charles to have this pomp in your birthday!
Old 11-13-2008, 04:14 PM
Nobility

I was stopped in my tracks by Maxima. My goodness she brought her A-game. All the ladies look fabulous, and the men don't seem to be that important, as the photographers are cutting them out of most photos. lol

Old 11-13-2008, 04:18 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
There will be one (family- ) group picture released tomorrow morning.This is a private party,so no pics of the guests.

All of Charles's "collegues" will be in attendance.And,Duke of Marmelade,it is not Charles who issued the invitations,

Gotcha....!

What wonderfull pics.Dear dear Máxima,how gorgious you are....
What you are saying is that we won't see any pictures of the party and guests what so ever ? The shots in the car are all we're seeing ?
Old 11-13-2008, 04:20 PM
Imperial Majesty
TRF Author

Queen Silvia - arrives in a different car than her daughter Victoria, how strange.
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

King of Bahrain
http://www.gettyimages.com/Search/De...|0&id=83679919
Old 11-13-2008, 04:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! Mathilde, Maxima, and Mary all look stunning. It would be lovely to see full-length photos of them walking in, but it sounds like that will not happen.
Old 11-13-2008, 04:37 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by sgl View Post
Wow! Mathilde, Maxima, and Mary all look stunning. It would be lovely to see full-length photos of them walking in, but it sounds like that will not happen.
Our girls just take ones breath away don't they....

Your Grace the Duke of Marmelade,I've proven wrong in assuming we,lurkers,wouldn't see anyone.

Wonder what picture(s) will be handed out tomorrow by the Palace.

Tags
60th birthday, birthday celebration, prince charles, prince of wales, royal collection