The Prince of Wales's 60th Birthday Celebrations: November 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Because this thread isn't about Charles as far as the partisans of their favourite foreign princess is concerned; since said princess was at the Queen's party, the thread is now just a vehicle to discuss the princess (and compare her favourably with other foreign princesses, of course). The thread stopped being about Charles a long time ago, unfortunately, and the people who want to talk about Charles would appear to have given up on it.

However, people whose interest in this thread is to talk about how well dressed their favourite princess was are cordially invited to take their discussion here:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f97/best-dressed-at-p-charles-60th-birthday-19083.html

The same thing happened to Carl Gustaf's birthday thread and Harold's birthday thread so I don't think Charles would take any personal affront. ;)

I think Skydragon is our local expert on who pays for what where the royals are concerned.
Cheeky!:flowers: HM paid out of her own pocket for the party at BP, :eek: Camilla paid out of her own pocket for the CH do.:D
The thread stopped being about Charles a long time ago, unfortunately, and the people who want to talk about Charles would appear to have given up on it.
Indeed.

Cheeky!:flowers: HM paid out of her own pocket for the party at BP, :eek: Camilla paid out of her own pocket for the CH do.:DIndeed.

Sky - Did the "regulator" approve of these expenses? :)

Here is another thought. Is Camilla independently wealthy?

Here is another thought. Is Camilla independently wealthy?

I don't think so. She invested a little more than her divorce settlement from AP-B in Ray Mill House. She lost a large portion of her inheritance in the Lloyds syndicates in the 1990s. She has money that Charles may have given her. He is rumoured to have set up a £10m trust fund for her in the event of his death - how much she has access to at the moment is a matter for conjecture.

Camilla payed out of her own pocket? Wouldn't such a pocket be shared with (though 'belong' to) the PofW? I would have imagined (could be quite mistaken) Camilla to share in her husbands finances which, imo, is the way it should be...:)...I've aways liked the what's mine is yours approach, personally.

Mary of Denmark lives on Frederik's, though she is, as is public knowledge, accorded by Parliament a percentage of the Crown Prince's 'income'.

Dearest, IMHO it is quite ungenteel to speculate about other people's way to share their wealth.... I have no doubt that the Prince of Wales has been a true gentleman in his dealings with his wife's financial situation and I'm sure that the costs of the party at Highgrove will be met by somebody. Apart from that, what is there to know? :flowers:

I have no doubt that the Prince of Wales has been a true gentleman in his dealings with his wife's financial situation

Sweetheart, t'was entirely my point incase you happened to overlook it...;)

In my experience living in the Latin part of Europe it is quite normal to discuss finances openly. I have had someone come up to me at a party and ask me if we lived off my husband´s officer´s pay or did we have independent means. It took me aback at first but now I am quite used to it and usually have a very "ready" answer to any question like that.
No doubt the bills for the party will/or have been paid and we can only guess (how ungenteel of us) who paid. If I were a bookmaker I would be taking bets at this moment.....but I wouldn´t be giving very good odds.

Sky - Did the "regulator" approve of these expenses? :)
But of course!:D
Camilla payed out of her own pocket? Wouldn't such a pocket belong to the PofW? I would have imagined (could be quite mistaken) Camilla to share in her husbands finances which, imo, is the way it should be...:)...I've aways liked the what's mine is yours approach, personally
Yes, Camilla is reported to have paid out of her own finances and the speculation that she lost her entire fortune with the troubles at Lloyds is just that, I understand. :flowers:

I thought you were a free thinking independent woman Madame, so to see you suggest that her 'pocket' belongs to Charles was a shock.:D I think the full saying is - Whats yours is mine, whats mine's my own, but only when a woman says it! Mr S is of course given pocket money, occasionally!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

You are generous Sky. I hope that Mr S´s pocket money is properly supervised.......if men aren´t watched closely they are inclined to waste money whereas women buy sensible things, like jewellery, scent -oh and I almost forgot - food.

But of course!:DYes, Camilla is reported to have paid out of her own finances and the speculation that she lost her entire fortune with the troubles at Lloyds is just that, I understand. :flowers:

I thought you were a free thinking independent woman Madame, so to see you suggest that her 'pocket' belongs to Charles was a shock.:D I think the full saying is - Whats yours is mine, whats mine's my own, but only when a woman says it! Mr S is of course given pocket money, occasionally!:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

I thought Camilla was only meant to have organsied and hosted the party at Highgrove. Since we have descended to such ungenteel (and pointless, no doubt!) conversation, where did the suggestion that Camilla might have paid for the party from her own resources crop up? :angel:

there is a new full length picture of Queen Sonja in this weeks hello magazine - is anyone able to post it on the web as i dont think it has already been done

But of course!:DYes, Camilla is reported to have paid out of her own finances and the speculation that she lost her entire fortune with the troubles at Lloyds is just that, I understand. :flowers:

This lady shall be kept by no man (i'd burn a bra but mine cost too damn much..:lol:)

I guess having been brought up in an environment where one's mother has always spent...I mean, shared...:D...fathers income, has kind of influenced one's way of thinking. There's nothing wrong with it of course, and it's worked perfectly fine for my parents. I think it's known as 'sharing is caring' isn't it? Father makes the money, and mother does what she likes with it..lol.

I do hope Mr S doesn't spend it all at once, either!...:ROFLMAO:

I have to say I agree that Charles looks very well in the official pic.. Quite dashing in fact.

Prince Charles celebrates his 60th birthday this year, and among various engagements Thursday November 13th was the date that The Princes’ Trust – an organization set up by Charles to help young people – held an evening of A-list comedy entertainment in his honour at the New Wimbledon Theatre in London

Comedy Review: John Cleese Hosts "We Are Not Amused" for the Prince's Trust

-------------------
You are generous Sky. I hope that Mr S´s pocket money is properly supervised.......if men aren´t watched closely they are inclined to waste money whereas women buy sensible things, like jewellery, scent -oh and I almost forgot - food.
I always demand receipts of course!

Phew! It's taken me all day to peruse this lovely thread, but I just had to do it! A big thankyou to everyone who posted pictures, they were greatly appreciated. Thank you all again.
It seems that Prince Charles did enjoy his birthday, and I am so pleased...if anyone deserves a break, it's surely him and his lovely wife.

Well it is a bit strange to say that all ladys look wonderful when we can only see their faces. As for Marie Chantal and Mary we can pressume that bothe Mary and Frederick where staying at her house. Mary looks like she was going to a Hallowen party also Marie Chantl was not in her best. Dressing all black by someone who is a dark hair is not the best choice!!! Mary looks terrible because she wanted to be in her best fashion choice, sometimes she must be carreful because too mucht fashion addicted is not good!:cool: Why Marie Chantal was sitting in the back side of the car and her husband at the front???Why they were not sitting together???

I think M&F were staying at Claridges and visited MC. I guess attending such a high-profile bash could well have been a bit intimidating for the younger minor royals ... and it was more fun to hang out with good friends for a bit first and compare jewels and frocks (all in good fun of course!)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom