The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-17-2008, 11:03 AM
Nobility

Rania seemed to be very much in the background at this event or maybe that is because the paparazzi were unable to get proper pictures of her as they were able to do with some others.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bella View Post
I can't believe Camilla's children were not invited. That has to be wrong. I'm sure there's alot we don't know about who went and who didn't and why.
My understanding is that Camilla's children were invited to the Highgrove event, just not the BP evening.

Old 11-17-2008, 11:13 AM
Aristocracy

did the royals pose for an official picture?can somebody post it please?
Old 11-17-2008, 12:12 PM
Royal Highness

November 17

Gloucestershire Police said they arrested four youths over the weekend after an alarm was triggered on the estate near Tetbury.

Teenagers arrested for trying to gatecrash Prince Charles's 60th birthday party - Telegraph
Old 11-17-2008, 12:27 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by crownprincessrhey View Post
did the royals pose for an official picture?can somebody post it please?
A group photo of the royal guests during the dinner hosted by QEII hasn't surfaced yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they had one.
Old 11-17-2008, 12:34 PM
Majesty
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayvee View Post
A group photo of the royal guests during the dinner hosted by QEII hasn't surfaced yet. I'm keeping my fingers crossed that they had one.
The last chance is one of the magazines such as Hello! that will be published during next week. If I recall correctly there was a similar situation with the silver wedding anniversary of the Grand Dukes of Luxembourg, when Point de Vue came up with a group shot in the next issue.

Tomorrow we will see if Hello! had the opportunity to do some glossy shots that haven't surfaced yet
Old 11-17-2008, 12:46 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaFay View Post
I noticed that neither Queen Beatrix of the Netherlands nor Queen Margaret of Denmark were invited (presumably for protocol reasons) to the Palace and yet both have stayed for weekends with Charles and Camilla at Sandringham.
You are assuming the two queens were not invited because they did not attend. I suspect they were invited but might not have chosen to go, sending their heirs instead. It is not unusual for only the heirs to go to a party for another royal heir (which Prince Charles is, though he is closer in age to many of the European monarchs).
Old 11-17-2008, 01:22 PM
Heir Presumptive

Large nice pics!
REPORTAGE PHOTOS : Qui de Rod Stewart ou Mr. Bean a mis le plus d'ambiance ā l'anniversaire privé du prince Charles ?
Old 11-17-2008, 05:51 PM
Royal Highness

The Inside View from Prince Charles' 60th Birthday Party - The Daily Beast

Charles the Heartthrob - The Daily Beast

Escaping Diana's Shadow - The Daily Beast

Interesting articles about Prince Charles at 60. Enjoy!
Old 11-17-2008, 09:22 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
Thank for the pic Paty!
I wonder why Letizia is posing in all the pics.
It is strange because she usually doesn't!
Hi Giov,

I do not think Letizia was posing. Can you explain what you mean?
Old 11-18-2008, 05:25 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Thank for the pic Paty!
I do not think that Letizia posed to the photographers. She was normal inside the car. Other princesses clearly posed but I think she did not.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:16 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

No group shots or any different pics we've already seen in today's new Hello! magazine I doubt anything else will come up in other mags, it's a shame that such a top class event almost happend completely behind closed doors (we have seen differently from the Windsors, eg at Peter Philipps' wedding, maybe they decided exactly after the bad response regarding this event to do it differently this time).

Another reason, and maybe the most likely one, is that there is a massive recession on the way / going on and the last thing the public wants to see are glammed up royals having fun at a lavish party when HM is asking for more money to maintain her palaces. True or not, in the public eye these kind of events are seen as "being sponsored by the public" and therefore a glossy coverage about Charles' birthday would probably closer to harm than benefit for the BRF.

Then, I've said it before, the Brits are not interested in any other royals than their own. I doubt anyone in Britain, apart from those who have a really keen interest in royalty, knows who Mary, Maxima or Letizia are or gives a second thought about them. The most recobnizable member of a foreign RF is maybe MC because of her children's shop being in the media.
Old 11-18-2008, 06:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

I think the British public would have been more interested to know if Kate was there or not. I wonder if we will ever know, probably if she had been there some "friend of the family" would have said something by now. They can´t all have been gagged. Or could they?
Old 11-18-2008, 07:03 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Menarue View Post
I think the British public would have been more interested to know if Kate was there or not. I wonder if we will ever know, probably if she had been there some "friend of the family" would have said something by now. They can´t all have been gagged. Or could they?
not just the british public , we ;as fans of the british royal family , have been intersted to know if the two girls was there or not , and need to see more pictures frome the evente , i collecte fotos of the royale family , this evente is very special for me , but my collection wll be not riche by photos of the event and this make me hangry
Old 11-18-2008, 07:17 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Thank for the pic Paty!

Posing????
That is the funniest thing I have read. It's a picture of a princess in a car with her head showing. How is that posing?
Please point me to all the posing pictures, I am really interested to see them.
Old 11-18-2008, 07:51 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
No group shots or any different pics we've already seen in today's new Hello! magazine I doubt anything else will come up in other mags.
There is a small pic of Prince Charles on the cover of Point de Vue (week from 19 to 26 Nov).
Point de Vue *.:.* Sommaire
Old 11-18-2008, 08:02 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
I do not think that Letizia posed to the photographers.
Well, but she usually doesn't look like that!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Camarina View Post
Other princesses clearly posed
You are totally right! Maxima, for example, was ridiculous, IMO!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:16 AM
Majesty
TRF Author

This week's Hello! with the birthday boy (his new official pic) on the cover:
'I'm happy to be asked out by any eligible men' Ronnie Wood's estranged wife Jo tells HELLO!

Charles is one of these men who look much better with age. For me he is clearly more attractive these days than he used to be 30 - 20 years ago.

Letizia didn't pose but she looks something between strange and absent, with the usual unnatural puffy face.
http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/5...752fd14vw3.jpg

I find it funny that those ladies whose dresses were thankfully seen in full length are now being accused of "posing". Just imagine nobody "posed", this thread would be 20 pages shorter and there would be no "best dressed" poll
Old 11-18-2008, 08:19 AM
Nobility

Quote:
You are totally right! Maxima, for example, was ridiculous, IMO!
Absolutely RIDICULOUS......IMO!
Old 11-18-2008, 08:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Duke, I meant this , this and this about Maxima!

Tags
60th birthday, birthday celebration, prince charles, prince of wales, royal collection