Majesty
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week team Member

Prince Hassan and Princess Sarvath
IBL Bildbyrå | 0435 44 07 65

Old 11-15-2008, 03:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
Was Kate Middleton invited? Sorry is that the spelling?
Yes, that's the spelling.

Supposedly she was. I wouldn't be surprised if she does go. Her, and Chelsy Davy, since those two have been dating Charles' sons for a long while.

Old 11-15-2008, 04:07 PM
Royal Highness

When and where is the private bash, which Camilla is organizing going to take place?
Old 11-15-2008, 04:10 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
Without seeing the full picture of Maxi's dress, I can tell you that she is the one with the most flare, or daring outfit of the evening. There's definitly something about maxima, heh? Mary will be practically perfect in every way, and Mathilde will hopefully be her old elegant self.
I was definitly right about Maxima, she raised the most eyebrows in this event, whether you like her dress is a matter of taste. I likes all the royal ladies with the exception of Mary and Marie Chantall, I definitly hope all is okay with her. Having a 5th child can be exausting, with a nanny or not.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie View Post
When and where is the private bash, which Camilla is organizing going to take place?
It's supposed to be this evening at Highgrove.

BBC NEWS | UK | Rod Stewart to lead prince's 60th
Old 11-15-2008, 04:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think the question that is on everyone´s tongue is "Is Kate Middleton there?"
We´ll know later on for sure.
Old 11-15-2008, 04:28 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

From the Press Association: Stars attend Prince's birthday bash

Quote:
Chat-show host and gardener Alan Titchmarsh was also among the guests along with Sir David Frost, Sir Winston Churchhill's grandson Nicholas Soames, MP, and actresses Dame Judi Dench and Joanna Lumley.Camilla's former husband Brigadier Andrew Parker Bowles arrived shortly before 8pm.
The article suggests that William and Harry were already at Highgrove, but only speculates that Kate and Chelsy were "thought to have made an appearance," so no confirmation there yet.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 11-15-2008, 04:45 PM

Well, the first half of "We Are Most Amused" is over and I can honestly say that there's been few highlights. John Cleese has frankly shown his age and though some of his gags were amusing, there certainly were no belly laughs to be had and the running joke of getting the act's name wrong wasn't funny the first time let alone the fifth. On the upside, we had a wonderful shot of the Prince practically falling out of his chair with laughter when Bill Bailey did a skit on the Belarussian National Anthem which was just genius. Robin Williams mainly did American politics stuff which tickled in the right places though diplomatically we didn't see the Royal party's reactions to his gag about Sarah Palin looking like the love child of Ronald Reagan and Victoria Beckham. Thankfully, the second half includes Joan Rivers and Robin Williams in a duo with Bill Bailey so laughs should be guaranteed unless the lovely Joan insists on doing the PETA set with the fur collar, the hickey that left teeth in her neck and the gynaecologist stuff which she first did way back in the 70s.

Part Two : Omid Djalili very funny though very near the mark. Joan Rivers did pull out the old stuff she'd done on the Royal Variety Performance last year but there was some new stuff about Heather Mills which was hilarious and got the biggest laughs of the evening. The finale good though Eric Idle looked a bit like one of those sad old trannies you see in the Didsbury branch of Oxfam. Lovely to see Charles and Camilla singing along to "Always look on the bright side of life". Made the evening worth watching.
Old 11-15-2008, 05:21 PM
Royal Highness

Friends gather at Highgrove to celebrate Prince Charles at 60

It is famed for its elegant architecture, stylish gardens and commitment to organic farming. On Saturday, however, the Georgian country home of the Prince of Wales reverberated to the sound of loud rock music as he celebrated his 60th birthday.

Friends gather at Highgrove to celebrate Prince Charles at 60 - Telegraph
Old 11-15-2008, 05:51 PM
Commoner

Anyone have some pic of the Letizia dress. and the oficial photo somebody has?
Old 11-15-2008, 06:10 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

The ever reliable News of the World says Kate and Chelsy were there, along with Tom, Laura, and Camilla's sister Annabel.

News of the World | Do Ya Think I'm Sixty?

HM The Queen
Old 11-15-2008, 06:13 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by garbo View Post
Anyone have some pic of the Letizia dress. and the oficial photo somebody has?
There's a link to the official birthday portrait in this post:

The Prince of Wales's 60th birthday: 14 November 2008
Old 11-15-2008, 06:18 PM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

I guess you are all right about Marie Chantal.I'm gonna use an expression we have in Greece:"She looks as if someone has killed her mother"
Was she accompanied by Nikolaos?Because I haven't seen Pavlos yet.
Old 11-15-2008, 06:23 PM
Commoner

Where the pics of letizia dress!
Old 11-15-2008, 06:32 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

There are links to pictures of Princess Letizia in this very thread, garbo, if you read back through the pages.

HM The Queen
Old 11-15-2008, 07:00 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
I guess you are all right about Marie Chantal.I'm gonna use an expression we have in Greece:"She looks as if someone has killed her mother"
Was she accompanied by Nikolaos?Because I haven't seen Pavlos yet.
MC and Pavlos were seated in the back. Nikolaos sat in front of MC. You can see a hint of Pavlos next to MC in this photo gallery from Belga:
BelgaPicture - Category details

or this from Zimbio:
Guests Arriving For Prince Charles's 60th Birthday Party (USA AN - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 11-15-2008, 08:27 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallettac View Post
I think they have confused Lord Nicholas with his brother . I think there was the Earl of Saint Andrews in the car with Lady Paola and maybe also in the photo with Lady Taylor..
I have followed this discussion and I think you are right. In other pictures I have been going through tonight, you can see clearly that the Countess of St. Andrew's is seated in the car to the left of Paola and behind her husband, the Earl of St. Andrew's. Although the two brothers are looking more and more alike with age, I do believe the man in that photo is the Earl and not his younger brother.
Old 11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Heir Apparent

I have a quick question was a group photo from the party supposed to be released or was that merely speculation?
Old 11-15-2008, 08:40 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by lallettac View Post
I think they have confused Lord Nicholas with his brother . I think there was the Earl of Saint Andrews in the car with Lady Paola and maybe also in the photo with Lady Taylor..
It does make more sense for the Earl to attend with his wife on such an occasion.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:43 AM
Courtier

All right here's my take on the fashion and what nots:

Marie-Chantal: She didn't look too happy to be there. And what's up with that hair? Maybe she forgot to comb.

Mary: She looked like she was going to a Halloween party. She looked really nice in the car until I saw the whole dress.

Maxima: There were photos where her hair was a disaster. Didn't care much about the dress either, too much frou frou.

Mathilde: Oh sweet Mathilde. Am I the only one who didn't like her dress? I thought it was too flat and not for her age. It was something better suited for someone like Camilla. Nevertheless she was beautiful.

Letizia: I haven't seen her dress to have an opinion. Some said it was blue? Well, maybe we'll see it again next gala event.

Cristina: She dressed like a grandma and someone said in another forum that she looked "poor". No jewels and her dress was boring and matronly. How come I've never heard/read any comments on her at this event?

Victoria: Didn't care much for this dress. Of all her dresses that she had to recycle why this one? Nice hair though.

Rania: Too bad we don't have a better view of her dress and only car shots. I bet she was marvelous or better yet the best dressed there.

I wished Elena would've gone and no doubt she would've been the best dressed.

Tags
60th birthday, birthday celebration, prince charles, prince of wales, royal collection