The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-15-2008, 07:05 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon View Post
Thank you for posting this milla, Many people appear to have been impressed by the BBC programme, seeing a Charles they simply didn't recognise from the usual chaff dished up by the tabloids. From the articleMore than minds, he cares!
That´s why my deepest wish is that this BBC report will be translated and shortly broadcasted in German TV!

Old 11-15-2008, 07:15 AM
Courtier

There is another question which occupies my mind: These beautiful evening dresses, will they be worn another time? will they be destroyed? will they be changed in another dress, will the be stocked?

Old 11-15-2008, 08:59 AM
Gentry

I hope these dresses stay
there just so beautiful
I like Maxima's dress the color, the shape
It's just perfect
Old 11-15-2008, 09:00 AM
Heir Presumptive

http://www.abc.es/multimedia/fotos/23971.asp
Old 11-15-2008, 10:10 AM
Gentry

I think they have confused Lord Nicholas with his brother . I think there was the Earl of Saint Andrews in the car with Lady Paola and maybe also in the photo with Lady Taylor..
Old 11-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilla View Post
Could it be the possibility - if I dare ask this question - that "Monaco" has not be present, because perhaps the relationship of P. Albert to Charlene W. cannot be seen as appropriate?
And what is not appropriate about their relationship? They are both single.
I doubt the Monaco royals were not included. We have no way of knowing why someone might not be at the party. Besides, we don't know who will be at tonights party - perhaps Albert will be in attendance.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:19 AM
Nobility

I have a question and I wonder if anyone can help me.I have noticed that when a special event like this takes place we often refer to members of non reigning houses as king and queen so and so, like king Constantine of Greece for example .However we never refer to the families of ofther non reigning families that way as in the French, Russian,German or Italian houses.Also I have noticed that some families like the Bulgarian and Yugoslavian were invited to this evening but noone from the French or German houses is ever invited to anything.Any insight would be appreciated.
Old 11-15-2008, 10:42 AM
Heir Presumptive

How do we know that he French and German were not invited?
Old 11-15-2008, 10:56 AM
Imperial Majesty

Well, Constantine was King of Greece before being deposed, so he's entitled to still use it. I don't think his son will be able to call himself King when Constantine dies.

As for all the various French and German royals - we don't have an official guest list so we don't know who was actually invited. However, since this was a birthday celebration rather than a state occasion, I hope the guest list reflected people who mean something to Charles rather than simply a list of pretenders to European thrones.
Old 11-15-2008, 11:52 AM
Courtier

I think that Letizia and Mary look very old fashioned. They look like two grandmas that escaped from the 1800s. Do not like Letizia's shoes either. Maxima looked beautiful as always.

Was Kate Middleton invited? Sorry is that the spelling?
Old 11-15-2008, 12:08 PM
Courtier

Correct me if I'm wrong, but she and Chelsy David are invited to the party organized by Camilla
Old 11-15-2008, 12:20 PM
Nobility

maxima always looks so cheap and vulgar.
Her outfit is horrific, ugly shoes and that hair....

Letizia and Mathilde look lovely, perfect makeup and hair
Old 11-15-2008, 01:05 PM
Royal Highness

Some more so nice pics from yesterday!

( But so sorry for many posters in this thread....only of the BIRTHDAY BOY PRINCE CHARLES....)

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

Old 11-15-2008, 01:24 PM
Imperial Majesty

Just a reminder that birthday wishes should go in this thread:

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forums/f23/britain-birthday-and-anniversary-wishes-15120.html
Old 11-15-2008, 01:44 PM
Courtier
Royal Blogger

That bus pass cake is awesome. Thanks for posting those pics, milla Ca!

I'm excited for the info we'll be getting in just a bit from Highgrove, but I also suspect that pictures will be limited, just like they were from Camilla's 60th.

"I have to be seen to be believed."
HM The Queen
Old 11-15-2008, 02:00 PM
Majesty

They will most likely be worn again, unless a particular dress got very bad reviews (like Mary's) and so the lady won't want to wear it again. Sometimes the Royal women give their dresses to friends, sometimes they show up in charity shops. Significant dresses can be saved for posterity.

Quote:
There is another question which occupies my mind: These beautiful evening dresses, will they be worn another time? will they be destroyed? will they be changed in another dress, will the be stocked?
Old 11-15-2008, 02:02 PM
Majesty

I honestly don't know what sort of "look" Mary was going for. She looked like she had been done up by hair-and-make-up people for a 30's movie. And the outfit was almost goth. It's strange, because she usually looks really wonderful.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roxsteve View Post
I think that Letizia and Mary look very old fashioned. They look like two grandmas that escaped from the 1800s. Do not like Letizia's shoes either. Maxima looked beautiful as always.

Was Kate Middleton invited? Sorry is that the spelling?
Old 11-15-2008, 02:32 PM
Courtier

Thank you, Mermaid1962, for your clear reply re the royal dresse. Very kind of you.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:01 PM
Majesty

You're very welcome, Tilla. I just like to make use of the knowledge that I actually have.

Quote:
Thank you, Mermaid1962, for your clear reply re the royal dresse. Very kind of you.
Old 11-15-2008, 03:07 PM
Courtier

Thanks to all of you who have taken the trouble to post all these "interesting" pictures. lynda

Tags
60th birthday, birthday celebration, prince charles, prince of wales, royal collection