The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Nobility

Its probably worth remembering, as the BBC's Nicolas Witchel pointed out, that the Palace probably doesnt want lots of photographs of the royals enjoying lavish party as Britian looks set to enter an economic recession. thats why there are so few photos from inside, though even at the best of times there are few pics released.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
Will the Royal court releasse a Official Group Photo?
I wonder that, too.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:39 PM
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I wonder why CP Haakon and CP Mette Marit didn't attend?
Beatrixfan, Haakon DID attend. He came an hour later, because he had an official engagement in London.

Mette-Marit didn't attend because of her concussion of the brain.

Old 11-14-2008, 12:41 PM

I know I'm in the minority but I like Mary's dress to be honest. The neckline is a bit high for such a young woman and the colour's a bit funereal, her face seems quite pale and the overall look is that of a Halloween costume...actually I've talked myself out it. I hate it and it must never be worn again.
Old 11-14-2008, 12:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Her_Majesty View Post
Beatrixfan, Haakon DID attend. He came an hour later, because he had an official engagement in London.

Mette-Marit didn't attend because of her concussion of the brain.
Ah I see! Thanx
Old 11-14-2008, 12:47 PM
Royal Highness

The Prince of Wales,

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected

together with his wife, attended a classical concert organised for children by the Prince´s Foundation for Children and Arts, London

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#
Old 11-14-2008, 01:02 PM
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands

Máxima and W-A Reina Máxima - Novedades
Old 11-14-2008, 01:12 PM
Nobility

So the former German and Austrian royals are not friends with the British royals?
Old 11-14-2008, 01:15 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan View Post
I know I'm in the minority but I like Mary's dress to be honest. The neckline is a bit high for such a young woman and the colour's a bit funereal, her face seems quite pale and the overall look is that of a Halloween costume...actually I've talked myself out it. I hate it and it must never be worn again.
You've me laugh so much with this - such a perfect description - the only great points about Mary's outfit were her hair and earrings

Reina Máxima - Novedades Maxima really did annoy me abit last night - yes im glad we got to see a full length picture of her dress but from these pictures she managed with Willem-Alexander to walk don the street that Claridges was on to get into their car whilst also almost appear to pose for the photographers. we have tens times more pictures of her walking down the street, opening the car, smiling as she gets in the car, turning to face the cameras arriving at B Palace.
Compare this to Mary, Mathidle, Victoria, Letizia who got in their cars at the doors of their hotels/MC's house - we only have one or two full length shoots. Maxima you've got too used too and in love with the camera

Old 11-14-2008, 01:17 PM
Imperial Majesty

Felipe and Letizia
PicturePress
Old 11-14-2008, 01:21 PM
Nobility

It's interesting how we complain there are no full-length photos of any of the royal gowns and then when one royal makes sure we get a shot we criticize her! I'm glad she took a long walk to the car and that she didn't cover her gown with a coat like most of the others. It shows a sensitivity to public wishes.
Old 11-14-2008, 01:31 PM
Commoner

European Royals gather for Charles birthday

Mary & Frederik
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!

Marys's dress, hair and earring excellence

Felipe & Letizia
HELLO! Photo gallery – Latest celebrity photos - hellomagazine.com, HELLO!=

Maxima & W.Alexander - Maxima wonderful

Mary & Frederik another photo

Mathilde & Philippe

British Royal Family (Queen, Prince, CharlesCamilla, William, Herry)
Old 11-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princess Maxima View Post
thank you so much the photos are great, she is the only one that we can really see!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessofEurope View Post
You've me laugh so much with this - such a perfect description - the only great points about Mary's outfit were her hair and earrings

Reina Máxima - Novedades Maxima really did annoy me abit last night - yes im glad we got to see a full length picture of her dress but from these pictures she managed with Willem-Alexander to walk don the street that Claridges was on to get into their car whilst also almost appear to pose for the photographers. we have tens times more pictures of her walking down the street, opening the car, smiling as she gets in the car, turning to face the cameras arriving at B Palace.
Compare this to Mary, Mathidle, Victoria, Letizia who got in their cars at the doors of their hotels/MC's house - we only have one or two full length shoots. Maxima you've got too used too and in love with the camera
sorry but what annoy you from Maxima, i quiet not understand

other t hing the Royals from Lichteinstein, aren't there, they never go to this parties?
Old 11-14-2008, 01:38 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Great pics ..... thanks
Old 11-14-2008, 01:43 PM
Commoner

William & Herry
Galerías de imágenes

Letizia & Felipe another photo
Galerías de imágenes

Mathilde & Philippe another photo
Galerías de imágenes

Camilla another photo
Galerías de imágenes

Queen Silvia
Galerías de imágenes

Where is Mette-Marit & Hakoon?
Old 11-14-2008, 01:48 PM
Super Moderator

As a British citizen it really does rather annoy me that such an important event with foreign royalty attending is held in private. So what if we're heading for recession and the economy is at an all time low - it's not the royal family's fault and certainly will not prevent most people in this country continuing to have parties and spending the earth at Christmas. I say these events should be televised live on every channel- the only problem being the media wouldn't have a clue who half the guests are! Well done everyone for posting such great pictures and for enjoying the celebrations!
Old 11-14-2008, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I loved CP victorias dress color ...
Thank u TD.
I am waiting to see Queen ranias dress
Old 11-14-2008, 01:53 PM
Heir Apparent

Some lovely photos of Prince Charles
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Tags
60th birthday, birthday celebration, prince charles, prince of wales, royal collection