The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zonk

Administrator
City
Somewhere in
Country
United States
Charles_zpsaf762de3.png

Arms of HRH The Prince of Wales

Welcome to The Prince of Wales's
Current Events Thread, Part 12

Commencing April 1, 2013

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
:previous: This is right up his alley! Too bad those of us who are in the States can't watch it. Must be one interesting program.

:previous: This is right up his alley! Too bad those of us who are in the States can't watch it. Must be one interesting program.

Not that I would suggest doing such a thing, but it's probably available to download somewhere, or watch on YouTube.

I want to see this, will someone please give a headsup when it's on. I've been pretty busy lately, but i'll try and remember to come on and chk.

Victoria Arbiter ‏@victoriaarbiter 1h
On May 9th Prince Charles will pay a visit to Prince Harry's base in Wattisham, Suffolk. Unfortunately Harry will be in the US!

Pictures:
Charles Holding a Baby On His Visit to Brownsword Hall in Dorchester, Dorset-
Royally Speaking

As he has already met most, if not all of them personally, his profile hardly needs raising.

As for raising his profile on the world stage - already quite high - has been since his birth as 2nd in line to the British throne.

CHOGM doesn't mean a great deal to most people - even in the Commonwealth. It might make a segment on our news for instance but that isn't a given (and Australia can't confirm who will be attending, if anyone, until after 14th September as we have a Federal election that day and it could be decided on that day or take a week or so like last time).

Of course he has met them all but chairing CHOGM raises Charles' profile at least in my opinion but I'll defer to you and your 7000 posts.

I'm not sure Bosco but I don't think the Queen (or Prince Charles) chairs CHOGM, I think it is simply opened by her. I would imagine the Secretary General actually chairs the meeting.

Bertie does have a lot of knowledge, as do many of the contributors to the board but don't sell yourself short. Simply because someone doesn't have as many posts under their belt doesn't mean they don't have a vast amount of knowledge to contribute to the discussions.

Does anyone know which sash the POW is wearing today at the Opening of Parliament? The chain is the Order of the Garter, I think and the matching sash should be blue. In the pics I have seen, the sash looks forest or bottle green and worn on the left shoulder. Thanks. :flowers:

http://i.imgur.com/owYQDWQ.jpg

:previous:

It's the order of the Thistle.

Thanks to you both for the Order of the Thistle sash answer. Worn with the Garter chain. I learn new things every time I look at the snaps of major events.

The DM has come out with excellent pictures of the event and there are much better shots of everyone's Honors, badges, jewels, etc.
Queen's Speech: Immigration crackdown, boosts for business, help for pensioners and HS2 as Prince Charles attends first Queen's Speech for first time in 17 years | Mail Online

Now I know that TSOOP cannot be the most thrilling thing, but one wonders if it took place when the POW usually has a nap.Did they give him a sleeping pill or something? Is he ill?

Now I know that TSOOP cannot be the most thrilling thing, but one wonders if it took place when the POW usually has a nap.Did they give him a sleeping pill or something? Is he ill?

If I have to listen to something that is detailed and intense, such as this speech, I find that if I close my eyes I can concentrate on what is being said far easier than if there are all sorts of distractions around me.

I'd imagine that closing one's eyes might help one concentrate a little better, and I bet there are a lot of things to distract oneself with (visually that is) during this particular event. I know that if I had no vision issues and were present at the ceremony, I'd be looking all over the place, and not paying attention to a word that was being said. Perhaps His Highness can be easily distracted?

I'd imagine that closing one's eyes might help one concentrate a little better, and I bet there are a lot of things to distract oneself with (visually that is) during this particular event. I know that if I had no vision issues and were present at the ceremony, I'd be looking all over the place, and not paying attention to a word that was being said. Perhaps His Highness can be easily distracted?

Makes sense.When I was distracted in school, my aide would take me for a walk, or let me read a book, but Charles cannot get up and leave, or pull out a book can he? I bet that's exactly what he was doing.

Last edited:
True. When I was distracted in school, my aide would take me for a walk, or let me read a book, but Charles cannot get up and leave, or pull out a book can he? I bet that's exactly what he was doing.

I do that with my kids too. I bet His Highness may wish at moments like this that he were indeed in a situation where leaving for a little bit to get one's thoughts together was allowed and acceptable.

I do that with my kids too. I bet His Highness may wish at moments like this that he were indeed in a situation where leaving for a little bit to get one's thoughts together was allowed and acceptable.

Know I would!

This is just my opinion - but he needs to notice and learn his mum's facial expressions. She has this look that says "I'm in charge, and this may be too droll but I am sucking it up because I am tough as heck and I won't let them see me being less than THE QUEEN"

Do you know the look I mean? She doesn't look happy, but she does look like she is listening, though her thoughts may be a bit dark or skeptical. But she never shows that she is bored. He needs to learn that look.

We all do this in out jobs - slap on a face because it all goes better when we do. He needs to as well, IMHO.

No - don't know the look you mean. She often looks bored when listening to speeches and always has done so.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom