The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
^ The massacres of Armenians by Turks in the first decades of the 20th century to 1922 were absolutely appalling. I applaud Prince Charles's presence at a ceremony which honours these martyrs. However, I have to confess I am still not quite clear on why such a ceremony is taking place in a Protestant Cathedral in London. I'm not aware that there is a huge Armenian population in London and weren't the Martyrs of the Eastern Orthodox faith?

Last edited:
^ The massacres of Armenians by Turks in the first decades of the 20th century to 1922 were absolutely appalling. I applaud Prince Charles's presence at a ceremony which honours these martyrs. However, I have to confess I am still not quite clear on why such a ceremony is taking place in a Protestant Cathedral in London. I'm not aware that there is a huge Armenian population in London and weren't the Martyrs of the Eastern Orthodox faith?

To my knowledge there was quite a substantial Armenian Protestant population in the Ottoman Empire stemming from a Protestant missionary activity during the 1800s but Protestant churches don't canonise people... The Church of Sweden often holds ecumenical services with other churches maybe it's the same for the Anglican Church?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Video:
Prince Charles has opened the new extension at a chocolate factory in Poundbury today, during a visit to Dorset in south west England. The 67 year heir to the throne – who originally opened the House of Dorchester factory in 1998 – said he was ‘delighted’ the plant continues to be a success and provide local employment opportunities in the area-

Home - ITNSource News

Lucky duck! Next time can I come along?! Mmm...:lol::chef: :prettyplease:

Video:
The Prince of Wales, in his capacity as patron of Teach First, has visited Pen-y-dre High School and met pupils and staff and supporters of Teach First Cymru's Leadership Development Programme-

Home - ITNSource News

Prince Charles visited flood-hit homes and businesses in Cumbria on Monday.

The Prince of Wales was shown the devastation caused by Storm Desmond earlier this month and spoke with local residents about how they have been coping in the aftermath.

The royal visitor also met members of the armed forces, who told him about the dramatic rescue of an elderly woman who was trapped underneath her stair lift for five hours, with floodwater rising to her chest.
Read more: Prince Charles visits Cumbrian communities hit by Storm Desmond floods - ITV News

Videos:
The Prince of Wales has toured parts of Cumbria to see for himself how communities are coping with the aftermath of Storm Desmond, which left thousands of homes and businesses flooded. Charles visited Carlisle's Warwick Road, where residents were forced to dump their waterlogged furniture and other possessions in the street following the storm earlier this month. Charles called on a few of the residents to learn how families coped with the deluge-

Home - ITNSource News

The Prince of Wales toured parts of Cumbria today to see for himself how communities are coping with the aftermath of Storm Desmond, which left thousands of homes and businesses flooded. Charles ended his visit by going on a walkabout in Appleby-in-Westmorland to view the flood damage and learn about ongoing repairs. .
Home - ITNSource News

The Prince of Wales has toured parts of Cumbria today to see for himself how communities are coping with the aftermath of Storm Desmond, which left thousands of homes and businesses flooded. The day began with Charles visiting the McVitie's factory, a major local employer, to learn how the floods affected business-
Home - ITNSource News
SearchTerm=PRINCE%20CHARLES%20VISITS%20MCVITIE%E2%80%99S%20FACTORY%20IN%20CARLISLE

HRH The Prince of Wales will receive HM King Abdullah II of Jordan at Clarence House tomorrow.
HRH will also receive The Emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmed Al Jabber Al Sabah at Clarence House, later the same day.

3rd February - v busy day for Prince Charles. No pictures at present although some might emerge later.

The Prince of Wales, Patron, the Landmark Trust, this afternoon attended a Fiftieth Anniversary Reception at St James’s Palace.

His Royal Highness afterwards held a Meeting with representatives from the Crown Estate.

The Prince of Wales later received the Rt Hon David Miliband (President and Chief Executive Officer, International Rescue Committee).

His Royal Highness, Founder, In Kind Direct, afterwards held a Meeting.

The Prince of Wales this evening received the Hon Robert Stokes MP (New South Wales Minister for Planning).
His Royal Highness subsequently attended a Reception held by Her Majesty’s Government on the occasion of the Syria and the Region London 2016 Conference at Lancaster House, St James’s, London SW1.

this last event mentions the conference (tomorrow) and is the reason so many leaders, including King Abdullah II of Jordon, are in London. More flew in today: The President of the Republic of Azerbaijan The President of the Republic of Macedonia and The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

The Prince of Wales visited St John's Church in Southall today, February 10. He was also welcomed by Dhol drummers, met representatives from Southall Faith Forum, Near Neighbours, Craft & Conversation, A Rocha UK, Southall Transition and The King's Centre and attended a performance in the Church by local school choirs, before seeing participants who take part in the Onside Football Project. The pupils of Ashley Primary School also had the chance to meet him today:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery ** gettyimages/Mark Cuthbert ** atlanticopress.pt **

** dailymail: Green-fingered Charles offers his gardening tips to Surrey schoolchildren..**

Video:
The Prince of Wales has visited Ashley Church of English Primary School, an Academy in the Good Shepherd Trust, Ashley Rd, Walton-on-Thames. The Prince of Wales met staff and pupils at Ashley Primary School as they demonstrated how Harmony, the book written by His Royal Highness in 2010, has inspired the school's work and ethos.
Home - ITNSource News

On February 11 the Prince of Wales held an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

The Prince of Wales had a couple of engagements in Wales yesterday, February 26.

He visited Stebonheath Primary School to view a Welsh Water 'RainScape' - a water catchment system which has been installed on the school's site, he toured Airborne Systems in Llangeinor, Bridgend, visited engineering manufacturing company Prysmian Cables & Systems Ltd in Trecynon, Aberdare, Mid-Glamorgan as well as Llandovery Rugby Club:

** gettyimages gallery **

** llanellistar.co.uk: Stebonheath Primary School welcomes the Prince of Wales **

** walesonline: Prince Charles visits parachute factory, rugby club and cable company on whistle stop tour of Wales **

Video:
Prince Charles has visited Fortnum and Mason on Piccadilly in central London today, as part of the celebrations to mark ‘Northern Ireland Year of Food and Drink 2016’. The heir to the throne was greeted by the Northern Ireland Secretary Theresa Villiers MP and Northern Irish actor James Nesbitt, before being given a tour of the famous West End store, meeting staff and sampling some of its drinks.
Home - ITNSource News

Court Circular 30th May:
The Prince of Wales was received by The President of Romania this afternoon at Cotroceni Palace, Bucharest, Romania.

His Royal Highness afterwards called upon the Prime Minister of Romania at Victoria Palace, Bucharest.

The Prince of Wales called upon Crown Princess Margareta and Prince Radu of Romania at Elisabeta Palace, Bucharest.

Prince Charles in Romania to travel to Transylvania - NEWS 1130
https://au.entertainment.yahoo.com/a/31733394/prince-charles-meets-romanian-officials/
President Iohannis meets Prince Charles, the two agree on need to preserve biodiversity – AGERPRES
Prime Minister Dacian Ciolos has met with HRH Charles, Prince of Wales
Prince Charles meets President, PM during his visit to Romania
http://www.agerpres.ro/english/2016...ree-on-need-to-preserve-biodiversity-18-42-03

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom