The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thank you Victoria for sharing something with us that hits our emotions beyond words. Even after having to take a pause and go get something to drink and ponder on what I've read, I'm still choked up emotionally by the incredible life of Haley and how much she accomplished and all the people she's affected in just a short life of 17 years.

Its my opinion that the letter that Charles wrote to the family is one of his "spider" letters (definitely see the scrawl and the underlining) that has a bonus being released to the public after serving its purpose first honoring Haley. The letter came from Charles the man. No HRH anywhere, no Prince of Wales feathers on the stationery and simply signed Charles. Words reveal who a person is and one can definitely see a man with a strong, caring heart whose sentiments were not only sincere but very heartfelt.

Thank you again Victoria. This will stay with quite a while.

Same here Osipi- had the same reaction. And I am one whose benefited from the bonus. I have a hard time seeing Charles as anything but the grand and eccentric Prince of Wales whose interested in things I find dull. I just could not relate. But now I saw the human being- and I liked what I saw. The next time I go to make a quick judgement about Charles I will think of Hailey. The letter and the pic of the 2 of them had me in tears. And I also now acknowledge that William and Harry get their compassion from both parents not just one. While I still can't say I'm an all out Charles fan- by no means do I wish him harm though- I can say this helps me see the man differently.

I remember seeing Hailey on TV years ago, and what's stuck with me- is she was talking to her hospice nurse about " going to heaven, and God lives in a pink castle, and all my friends and I will live with him, and not go to hospital anymore." I mix all these documentaries up , but 99% sure it was Hailey. And now she's there. So I'm a mix of sad and happy.
Well done Charles! Thanks Victoria!

Last edited:
I have a question to ask of Charles and Camilla watchers. Is it usual for Charles and his wife to spend time at Birkhall in late April? Did Charles attend his mother's 89th birthday celebrations at Windsor, quiet as they were, nevertheless? (I know Charles is going to the 100th Galipolli commemorations, so will be in Turkey, but that's a one-off, really.)Is Charles usually in Scotland at this time of year? It seems strange, with Kate's baby due.

They usually spend Easter in Scotland. I can't imagine HM's 89th birthday was a particularly overt affair. Plus the babies going to be born whether Charles is there are not. All he has to do is hop on a plane or train, or even wait until she's out of hospital if necessary.

Thanks for the answer, Lumutqueen. I expect you're right. Charles will be making his way down to London (or Norfolk) soon enough!

I remember that in 2011 there were even complaints a couple of days before the wedding because Charles was still in Scotland on the Tuesday before Friday's wedding but he saw no reason to be anywhere else until needed.

I think Charles loves Scotland and Birkhall and when his time comes it may be a bit of a wrench to move to Balmoral.

Last edited:

Yesterday, May 6, the Prince of Wales attended an Investiture ceremony at at Buckingham Palace.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 **

His Royal Highness The Prince of Wales has agreed to serve as the Colonel-in-Chief of the 2nd Battalion, The Irish Regiment of Canada, who are celebrating their centennial with a Freedom of the City Parade Saturday in Sudbury, Ontario, according to a Canadian Forces news release.
More: The Prince of Wales to serve as Colonel-in-Chief of 2nd Battalion, The Irish Regiment of Canada | Ottawa Citizen

Earlier in the week the Prince of Wales was made Commodore-in-Chief Fleet Atlantic of the Royal Canadian Navy

The Prince of Wales is Colonel-in-Chief of several other regiments, units and corps within the Canadian Armed Forces, including: The Royal Canadian Dragoons; Lord Strathcona’s Horse (Royal Canadians); The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada; The Royal Regiment of Canada; The Royal Winnipeg Rifles; The Toronto Scottish Regiment; and the Air Reserve of Canada. He also serves as Honorary Lieutenant-General of the Canadian Army and the Royal Canadian Air Force; and Commodore-in-Chief, and Honorary Vice-Admiral, of the Royal Canadian Navy.

Last edited:
More: The Prince of Wales to serve as Colonel-in-Chief of 2nd Battalion, The Irish Regiment of Canada | Ottawa Citizen

Earlier in the week the Prince of Wales was made Commodore-in-Chief Fleet Atlantic of the Royal Canadian Navy

The Prince of Wales is Colonel-in-Chief of several other regiments, units and corps within the Canadian Armed Forces, including: The Royal Canadian Dragoons; Lord Strathcona’s Horse (Royal Canadians); The Black Watch (Royal Highland Regiment) of Canada; The Royal Regiment of Canada; The Royal Winnipeg Rifles; The Toronto Scottish Regiment; and the Air Reserve of Canada. He also serves as Honorary Lieutenant-General of the Canadian Army and the Royal Canadian Air Force; and Commodore-in-Chief, and Honorary Vice-Admiral, of the Royal Canadian Navy.

Excuse me for a moment here and forgive what's about to appear....

WHAT!?! Our Regiment was honoured in such an incredible manner by the City and I MISSED IT!?! Arrrrrggghhhh!!!

Okay...I *think* I've got that out of my system. My Uncle served in The Irish Regiment of Canada, and while he missed WW II by a few years, he served in West Germany and a few other Countries as a Peacekeeper. He wore his Irish Regiment dress jacket, green w/the Regimental Insignia embroidered on the front pocket, to my Aunt's/his wife's Funeral a couple of weeks ago. When asked why he was wearing it instead of what you'd usually expect, Uncle Rodney explained if it wasn't for his time in the Regiment he never would have gone to Alberta for a time and he never would have met Aunt Robbie.

So my Family has some special links w/our Hometown Regiment and place in our hearts too. I am stunned to learn it didn't have an Honourary Colonel-in-Chief until now though. I just always assumed it did. It is too bad in a way William wasn't named the HCiC of the Canadian "branch" of The Irish Regiment, just because as he is the HCiC of The Irish Regiment in the UK, it would have been a nice form of...symmetry IMO. I have no problem w/Charles being named the HCiC however and it truly is a great honour for the Regiment to have HRH The Prince of Wales as their Honourary Colonel in Chief.

Now...I wonder when the new HCiC will visit the Regiment? :D :D :D

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

Excuse me for a moment here and forgive what's about to appear....

WHAT!?! Our Regiment was honoured in such an incredible manner by the City and I MISSED IT!?! Arrrrrggghhhh!!!

Okay...I *think* I've got that out of my system. My Uncle served in The Irish Regiment of Canada, and while he missed WW II by a few years, he served in West Germany and a few other Countries as a Peacekeeper. He wore his Irish Regiment dress jacket, green w/the Regimental Insignia embroidered on the front pocket, to my Aunt's/his wife's Funeral a couple of weeks ago. When asked why he was wearing it instead of what you'd usually expect, Uncle Rodney explained if it wasn't for his time in the Regiment he never would have gone to Alberta for a time and he never would have met Aunt Robbie.

So my Family has some special links w/our Hometown Regiment and place in our hearts too. I am stunned to learn it didn't have an Honourary Colonel-in-Chief until now though. I just always assumed it did. It is too bad in a way William wasn't named the HCiC of the Canadian "branch" of The Irish Regiment, just because as he is the HCiC of The Irish Regiment in the UK, it would have been a nice form of...symmetry IMO. I have no problem w/Charles being named the HCiC however and it truly is a great honour for the Regiment to have HRH The Prince of Wales as their Honourary Colonel in Chief.

Now...I wonder when the new HCiC will visit the Regiment? :D :D :D

I think it's nice news, but I think it would've been even better if William or Catherine took on the role. It would be nice to hand down such roles to the younger royals. Just pointing out that Charles already have of long list of regimental roles, let someone else take on the role.

Last edited:
I think it's nice news, but I think it would've been even better if William or Catherine took on the role. It would be nice to hand down such roles to the younger royals. Just pointing out that Charles already have of long list of regimental roles, let someone else take on the role.

I think it's more of an honour for the heir to the throne to be honorary colonel than William.

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

The Prince of Wales has received French Ecology Minister Ségolène Royal at Clarence House today, May 28:

** zimbio gallery **

I too think it would be nice if William and Harry begin to receive an honorary Colonelcy or two from these fine old regiments.

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 3h3 hours ago
Prince Charles will take the salute for the Colonel’s Review of Trooping the Colour tomorrow, the last full-scale rehearsal before parade!

Video:
The Prince of Wales has officially opened the largest new development at Eton College in Berkshire since it was founded 575 years ago. Charles, whose sons the Duke of Cambridge and Prince Harry attended the exclusive private boys' school in Windsor, toured the £18.2 million Bekynton Field addition, which includes a 300-seat hall and 40 new classrooms and common rooms-

Home - ITNSource News

The Prince of Wales received the Grand Imam of Al-Azhar, Mohamed Ahmed el-Tayeb and the Archbishop of Canterbury, The Most Reverend Justin Welby at Clarence House yesterday, June 11:

** zimbio gallery **

Video:
Prince Charles visit to farm shop and food service area at new Gloucester Service (M5 Southbound), Gloucester-

Home - ITNSource News

Video:
Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, President, the Great Steward of Scotland's Dumfries House, celebrates Ayrshire produce at an event hosted by his charity as part of Scotland's 2015 Year of Food and Drink. Later, His Royal Highness met the students from Ayrshire College as they prepared their dishes for judging-

Home - ITNSource News

Videos:
A flypast and thanksgiving service has been held at Westminster Abbey attended by the Prince of Wales, Nicola Sturgeon and Michael Fallon marking the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain-

Home - ITNSource News

The Prince of Wales attended a service marking the 75th anniversary of the Battle of Britain in Westminster Abbey today. After the service Prince Charles attended a tea with the veterans who fought in the Battle-
Home - ITNSource News

Look how engaging Charles are with the vets.

Last edited:
Saturday 3rd October 2015

HRH The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, Admiral of the Fleet, Royal Navy and Commodore-in-Chief of the Royal Canadian Navy (Atlantic Fleet), will visit H.M.C.S Windsor and H.M.C.S. Montreal prior to 'Exercise Joint Warrior', the premier bi-annual Air, Land and Maritime training exercise led by the UK and linked to NATO, at HM Naval Base Clyde, Faslane, Helensburgh, Dumbartonshire G84 0EH.

Diary

Saturday 3rd October 2015

HRH The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, Admiral of the Fleet, Royal Navy and Commodore-in-Chief of the Royal Canadian Navy (Atlantic Fleet), will visit H.M.C.S Windsor and H.M.C.S. Montreal prior to 'Exercise Joint Warrior', the premier bi-annual Air, Land and Maritime training exercise led by the UK and linked to NATO, at HM Naval Base Clyde, Faslane, Helensburgh, Dumbartonshire G84 0EH.

Diary

Hmmm...I wonder if my Cousin Morag's attached to one of the two ships. She's a Sea King pilot in the RCAF & has served two Tours in the Gulf as part of the Air Crew on respective ships. Won't know till after the fact, but would be very cool if she was there and got to meet the Prince of Wales. :D

Glad to hear HRH will be paying a visit to the the RCN ships. What a boost of morale for the Officers and Crew of both Ships.

HRH the Duke of Rothesay visited Faslane last weekend for the start of a UK-led international military exercise.

Joint Warrior is a multinational exercise linked to the NATO exercise programme.

It is hosted in the UK and is one of the largest tri-service and multinational exercises of its kind in Europe, incorporating the Royal Navy, Army, and Royal Air Force.

HRH, who is Commodore-in-Chief of the Canadian Royal Navy’s Canadian Fleet Atlantic, joined crews of two participating Canadian vessels to mark the start of Joint Warrior on Saturday.

He met with captains and crews of Her Majesty’s Canadian Ships Montreal and Windsor, which were berthed at HM Naval Base Clyde ahead of the exercise.
Read more: Prince Charles marks Joint Warrior launch at Faslane | Helensburgh & Lomond | News | Helensburgh Advertiser

Yesterday, October 23, the Prince of Wales visited Wirksworth Station to see the Ecclesbourne Valley Railway and travel the 'milk and honey' line in a 1959 railcar and he visited The Farming Life Centre in Blackwell, Buxton, Derbyshire.

** gettyimages gallery **

** zimbio/bauergriffin: Prince Charles in Derbyshire - Railway **

** zimbio/bauergriffin: Prince Charles In Derbyshire **

** zimbio/bauergriffin: Prince Charles In Derbyshire - Chatsworth **

** zimbio/bauergriffin: Prince Charles in Derbyshire - Railway **

Yesterday, October 28, the Prince of Wales attended a service at Westminster Abbey to celebrate the lives of the newly-sainted Armenians who lost their lives in 1915:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

Yesterday, October 28, the Prince of Wales attended a service at Westminster Abbey to celebrate the lives of the newly-sainted Armenians who lost their lives in 1915:
** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

I had to look up the event. The Armenian President is visiting Great Britain. The service celebrated the recent declaration of sainthood for the 1916 martyrs.
At first I wondered what the Anglican Church was doing creating saints of Armenian martyrs?
Service at Westminster Abbey Commemorates Armenian Genocide Martyrs | Asbarez.com

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom