The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince Charles has a wonderful voice for reading. I'd love to hear him read a children's book. I think he'd be able to engage an audience of young children quite nicely.

Charles do have an elegant way of reading. I imagine he'll be reading to George too.

Prince Charles has a wonderful voice for reading. I'd love to hear him read a children's book. I think he'd be able to engage an audience of young children quite nicely.

He did make a recording of the children's book that he wrote - The Old Man of Lochnagar.

Dont really know what to think of that picture. A bit odd maybe? All I know is the photo makes him look very old. I would rather see him smiling. I too would like to read this article, Im not understanding " The forgotten Prince" part of it. Odd.

It looks nothing like the Prince of Wales. Not a good image indeed.

I agree. If I saw this picture alone, it would take me quite a while to recognize that it is Charles. Its eerie, as in almost like a wanted poster or a mug shot. OH! He resembles my ex in that photo. No wonder I don't like it.

:whistling:

I agree. If I saw this picture alone, it would take me quite a while to recognize that it is Charles. Its eerie, as in almost like a wanted poster or a mug shot. OH! He resembles my ex in that photo. No wonder I don't like it.

It does look like a mugshot....:lol:

Yeah, I can see something like this being hung in an NYC metro station, with an intent of finding the latest mugger/burglar/whoever have you. I don't know what possessed the people working on this article to take (and choose) this photo.

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
Joking? Prince Charles has told nurses he smoked cigarettes as a boy. "I gave up at 11 when I had a few cigarettes behind a chicken coop."

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 1m
Joking? Prince Charles has told nurses he smoked cigarettes as a boy. "I gave up at 11 when I had a few cigarettes behind a chicken coop."

It's a wonder he's still alive. :unsure:

It's a wonder he's still alive. :unsure:

Oh he was quite the hooligan as a youngster wasn't he. Smoking behind the chicken coop and ducking into pubs for a snifter as a teen. :ROFLMAO:

Oh he was quite the hooligan as a youngster wasn't he. Smoking behind the chicken coop and ducking into pubs for a snifter as a teen. :ROFLMAO:

Well, at least he satisfied his curiosity, and stopped smoking before getting addicted. However, I'm not at all surprised by his behavior as a youngster, because I've known a few people who have done similar things at the same age, just to see 'what the fuss is about'.

Well, at least he satisfied his curiosity, and stopped smoking before getting addicted. However, I'm not at all surprised by his behavior as a youngster, because I've known a few people who have done similar things at the same age, just to see 'what the fuss is about'.

I think he also perhaps was a bit naive. I'd have to look it up. I think the story was in Dimbleby's book but I do believe it stated that he wandered into a pub in Scotland and thought the thing to do was order a drink. I believe he ordered cherry brandy? He was about 15 I think and who was going to say "no" to the Prince? :D

I think he also perhaps was a bit naive. I'd have to look it up. I think the story was in Dimbleby's book but I do believe it stated that he wandered into a pub in Scotland and thought the thing to do was order a drink. I believe he ordered cherry brandy? He was about 15 I think and who was going to say "no" to the Prince? :D

Yup- who could forget the legendary cherry brandy?:D

Behind the Cover: Prince Charles Like You’ve Never Seen Him Before-
Behind the Cover: Prince Charles Like You’ve Never Seen Him Before - LightBox

Ever have something niggling at the back of your thoughts and finally have it take shape and and pop out at you? This is why I'm once again going back to this article. Perhaps, to me, it puts into bright light just how and why Charles' recent events with the media makes sense to me. Specifically the TIME interview and pictures. I've not read the full TIME interview and seriously considering trying to find it and read it without spending.

“I am not what happened to me,” wrote Jung. “I am what I choose to become.”

This quote was the niggler taking hold in the recesses of my one brain cell and actually grew. THIS personifies Charles. He's been a long time admirer of Jung and most likely it has shaped and formed the person he is now.

What happened to Charles was that he was born to be King. What he's chosen to become is a man that will be King but meanwhile, back on the farm, has walked many paths not only to discover who he is but also find a purpose in his own life. We're seeing the results.

I am now the proud owner of two brain cells.

Behind the Cover: Prince Charles Like You’ve Never Seen Him Before-
Behind the Cover: Prince Charles Like You’ve Never Seen Him Before - LightBox

I think it's a wonderful shot of him. I'm going to make sure to pickup a copy when I can.
What absolutely powerful portraits of the Prince. They are incredibly insightful and have great depth. I think a few people are mistaking them for "working" shots, photos posed at this or that event or occasion which I think sort of explains the "mugshot" and other such references because they are right. These are not pretty pictures. But they are wonderful, fantastic portraits of the man behind the name!

The Prince of Wales met with Helen Clark, the former Prime Minister of New Zealand, in the Garden room at Clarence House on October 31, 2013.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

The Prince of Wales has been in Dorset today, November 1st, visited the Dorset History Centre, Dorchester and attended a 20th Anniversary Poundbury Project reception at The Jubilee Hall in Poundbury.

** gettyimages gallery **

** itv.com: Prince at Poundbury 20 years on **

** dorsetecho.co.uk: UPDATE WITH VIDEO: Crowds line the streets in Poundbury to see Prince Charles **

** dailymail: Proud grandfather Prince Charles presented with a wooden helicopter for baby George on visit to Poundbury **

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom