The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Interesting—- the presiding bishop is Michael Curry the same man who delivered the sermon at Harry and Meghan’s wedding.

:previous: Yes I noticed that as well!

Yesterday evening at the Diplomatic Reception, then overnight to Washington - really HRH is tireless in the performance of his duty, and superb at his job..

Interesting—- the presiding bishop is Michael Curry the same man who delivered the sermon at Harry and Meghan’s wedding.

He is the head of the ECUSA so he often presides over high profile events at the National Cathedral. He was still on leave during McCain's funeral so he didn't preside over that.

Court Circular 4th December:
The Prince of Wales this afternoon received a delegation of Church representatives from the Middle East.

His Royal Highness later attended a Service in Westminster Abbey, London SW1, to celebrate the contribution of Christians in the Middle East.

Court Circular 10th December:
The Prince of Wales this morning received Professor Iwan Davies (Pro-Vice-Chancellor, Internationalisation and External Affairs, Swansea University).

Court Circular 12th December:
The Prince of Wales received Mr Saad El-Din Rafik Al-Hariri (Prime Minister of the Lebanese Republic).

Last edited:
Court Circular 17th December:
The Prince of Wales this morning visited Leighterton Primary School, Boxwell Lane, Leighterton, Tetbury, and was received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Gloucestershire (Mr. Edward Gillespie).

His Royal Highness afterwards visited Green Fuels Limited, Gloucestershire Science and Technology Park, Berkeley, Gloucestershire.

Court Circular 18th December:
The Prince of Wales received the Emir of Kano this afternoon.

Court Circular 19th December:
The Prince of Wales this evening attended a Reception at the British Museum, Great Russell Street, London WC1, and was received by Sir Ian Johnston (Deputy Lieutenant of Greater London).

Last edited:
I knew about the Lolaire disaster but I didn't realise the anniversary was today. It really was a cruel twist of fate so very close to home surviving WW1.

On a totally different note, a kilt really suits the Duke of Rothesay.

Yes, that was a terrible tragedy. I can’t imagine the grief all their families felt after it.

HRH The Prince of Wales on his visit to the London Electric Vehicle Company Limited's factory near Coventry today.The Prince looks very interested at the gadgets!

HRH The Prince of Wales also paid a visit to the Tricker's shoemaking factory in Northampton.

Court Circular 5th February:
The Prince of Wales received Mrs Ann Limb (Chairwoman, the Scout Association).

Court Circular 6th February:
The Prince of Wales this evening received Mr Simon Collis (Her Majesty’s Ambassador to the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia).

Court Circular 7th February:
The Prince of Wales, on behalf of The Queen, held an Investiture at Buckingham Palace this morning.

The Prince of Wales this afternoon received the Melkite Greek Catholic Patriarch of Antioch (His Beatitude Youssef Absi).

Last edited:
I have a question...Iceflower posted a picture of Prince Charles at an investiture, post 940. Instead of a short military coat that I have seen before, the Prince has on a knee length military coat. Does anyone know why and if this was a special investiture making for a more formal military uniform? Thanks.

I think he's wearing the uniform corresponding to his British Army rank of Field Marshall. The shorter coat you've seen is probably his RAF Marshall uniform. His other top military rank is the Royal Navy's Admiral of the Fleet. I don't know how he chooses which of his high ranking uniforms to wear at investitures but someone here might.

Court Circular 11th February:
The Prince of Wales this morning received the Hon. Victoria O'Halloran (Administrator of the Northern Territory of the Commonwealth of Australia).

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom