The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Court Circular 7th June:
The Prince of Wales this evening received Dr Abdullah Abdullah (Chief Executive of the Islamic Republic of Afghanistan).

Court Circular 8th June:
The Prince of Wales this afternoon received His Excellency the Hon George Brandis (High Commissioner for the Commonwealth of Australia in London).

The Prince of Wales hosted an Investiture Ceremony at Buckingham Palace today, June 26. Barry Gibb, co-founder of the Bee Gees, and Rick Stein, celebrity chef, restaurateur and television presenter, were among the recipients today:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** dailymail article 1 ** dailymail article 2 **

Great news and well deserved for Sir Barry Gibb. And two of my favourite interests combined; the Royal Family and the Bee Gees. There have been several photos of the Bee Gees taken with Royals over the years.

Today, July 5, the Prince of Wales continued his journey to Wales, he had started with the Duchess of Cornwall, see here.

Visits to Ysbyty Aneurin Bevan on the 70th anniversary of the NHS, to Tretower Court and Castle, to the restored former Corn Exchange in the market town of Crickhowell, to the Landmark Trust house Llwyn Celyn and a meeting with the Black Mountains Land Use Partnership in Llwyn Celyn were on today's programme:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** gettyimages gallery **

Last edited:
Here's a video of HRH The Prince of wales at the Garden Party to mark the 70th anniversary of the National Health Service.

:previous: Loved the children's singing. ❤️ Well done! Looks very sunny in Britain, same kind of intense sun we had over this way today. Very intense sun. And as always, Prince Charles looks very dapper: great color on him. ;)

P.S. That cake looked fabulous. I was rooting for chocolate!

Last edited:

Today, July 6, was the final day of the visit to Wales. The Prince of Wales visited Ysgol San Siôr primary school in Llandudno, toured Bodysgallen Hall, attended the PRIME Cymru's annual awards ceremony and reception at Bodysgallen Hall in Llandudno. And he visited St. Digain Church in Llangernyw as well as Gwydir Castle in Llanrwst:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 ** Pic 5 ** gettyimages gallery **

** dailymail: His egg-cellency! Charles kicks off his final day in Wales with a visit to a primary school..**

Court Circular 19th July:
The Prince of Wales this afternoon received members of Gloucestershire Constabulary.

The Prince of Wales had a number of engagements in Staffordshire today, July 24. He visited the new Pool House Veterinary Group's state-of-the-art veterinary hospital facilities at Crown Inn Farm in Lichfield and as Patron of the Woodland Heritage he visited the University of Birmingham's Institute of Forest Research Free-Air Carbon Dioxide Enrichment experiment facility, Mill Haft, Norbury Junction:

** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

** shropshirestar: Charles visits horse hospital and woodland climate research centre **

** expressandstar: Prince Charles visits Staffordshire woodland helping research impact of climate change - PICTURES **

Court Circular 23rd July:
The Prince of Wales this morning received Mr. Ian Knowles (Director) and students from Bethlehem Icon Centre.

His Royal Highness received the Ambassador from the Sultanate of Oman (His Excellency Mr. Abdulaziz Abdullah Zahir Al Hinai).

Also:

Court Circular 27th July:
The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay, this afternoon visited Kongsberg Maritime Limited, Wick, and was received by Her Majesty’s Lord-Lieutenant of Caithness (the Viscount Thurso).

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Reception with the Caithness Chamber of Commerce Young Entrepreneurs at Mackays Hotel, Union Street, Wick.

I think it's good to see the Court Circular because the royals have a job that nobody would want although some duties look very interesting. Thank you for these postings.

Interesting work being done there at Staffordshire.
The carbon taken up by forests is important. Planting the right trees and in the most helpful places will make a difference. Prince Charles is well dressed.

Whatever it is Charles is drinking, he seems to like it. The third picture seems to need a caption "Drats. All gone!".

Can someone fill me in as to just what is it that Charles has sticking out of his sock? To my eyes it looks like a small dagger hilt. Seems to me to be an appropriate place for a Scotsman wearing a kilt to stash a small weapon. :D

Whatever it is Charles is drinking, he seems to like it. The third picture seems to need a caption "Drats. All gone!".

Can someone fill me in as to just what is it that Charles has sticking out of his sock? To my eyes it looks like a small dagger hilt. Seems to me to be an appropriate place for a Scotsman wearing a kilt to stash a small weapon. :D

It's a 'sgian-dubh' (pronounced something like skeen-doo) Osipi! An important part of traditional Highland Scottish dress, and often used in hunting, skinning and butchering in the Scottish Highlands (and I'm sure for some less-legal butchering as well in the past!)
My Scottish brother-in-law wore one at his wedding :ohmy:

'There is nothing more satisfying than seeing the difference you can make to young people’s lives.'

This sums up Charles' philanthropy work so very well. He's doggedly worked throughout his working years to create and support and put emphasis on organizations that serve to make life better and brighter for those that need it.

I do like his self depreciating sense of humor which tells me he doesn't take himself seriously all the time. For a man that see himself as a stopped clock where men's fashions are concerned, he ranks right up there in my book as always being precisely and perfectly groomed and dressed. He doesn't follow fashion trends. He wears what he likes and rocks it. :D

:previous: As Osipi said, "he wears what he likes and rocks it". I love that he always wears a boutonnière, it is such a lighthearted touch and these days I can't imagine him without one. :flowers:

Court Circular 8th September:
The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay this evening received the Rt. Hon. Theresa May MP (Prime Minister and First Lord of the Treasury).

The Prince of Wales started a two-day visit to Northumberland today, September 12.

He visited the Sill: National Landscape Discovery Centre in Hexham, and Hexham itself, as Patron of the Salmon & Trout Conservation UK he visited the Kielder Salmon Centre and as Patron of the Prince's Countryside Fund he visited Kirkharle, the birthplace of Lancelot "Capability" Brown in Newcastle upon Tyne:

** rex gallery ** chroniclelive: Prince Charles in Northumberland..**

** dailymail: The Peckish Prince! Charles samples the local produce at a farmer's market as he kicks off ..**

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom