The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
As I sit in the evening having spent the day in remembering the crucifixion I decided to check out the forum before retiring. What a stunning surprise that the Prince of Wales was there speaking of our faith and the persecution.

My surprise was not that Charles was presenting an Easter homily, but rather that the BBC thought it worthy of screening. Many people over the years have misunderstood Charles striving to understand the many and varied faiths of his home and the Commonwealth and, in so doing, believed that he was some wishy-washy, new-age religious type that believed nothing more than that we should all get together and have ourselves a 'Kumbaya' moment and totally dismissed his faith.

Surprise! :easter:

Is this the 1st ever Easter message?

HRH The Prince of Wales shares an Easter message

I for one, am so very glad to see this happen. We all know that Charles, one of these days is going to be the Supreme Governor of the Church of England and that he has always been an active churchgoer over the years. What I am hoping will happen is that the general public will realize that Charles is not only a religious man but also a deeply spiritual one.

I do think that when the time comes and Charles is King, that it will be known that Charles is not only The Defender of the Faith but a defender of *all* faiths.

What a wonderful, heartfelt, much needed message!

As a new innovation, I think that Charles did splendidly first time out. Let's hope it is an idea that sticks and we see him again next year.

I’m convinced I’ve seen a video of Charles congratulating a holiday before. Was it Christmas:confused:?

He often does a Christmas message to the armed services.

Is this the 1st ever Easter message?

HRH The Prince of Wales shares an Easter message

A thoughtful, open minded and inspirational address.

I'm proud that Charles admits to having Christian faith and reflects on the teachings of our Lord. Ones faith is always a work in progress. I hope future leaders and royal Kings and Queens bother to be humble in the sight of God, metaphorically speaking. There is a danger that as practising religion becomes more unfashionable it renders young people ignorant and less respectful of all religions.

The Prince of Wales has an engagement at the Science Museum today and he arrived in a Jaguar I-Pace their first full electric vehicle!

Court Circular 17th April:
The Prince of Wales this afternoon attended the Joint Commonwealth Heads of Government Forum at The Queen Elizabeth II Centre, Broad Sanctuary, London SW1.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall afterwards joined a Commonwealth Big Lunch at The Queen Elizabeth II Centre.

The Prince of Wales later received the Most Hon. Andrew Holness (Prime Minister of Jamaica).

His Royal Highness received the Hon. Rick Houenipwela (Prime Minister of Solomon Islands).

The Prince of Wales received Mrs. Minette Batters (President, National Farmers Union).

Court Circular 18th April:
The Prince of Wales this morning visited the Science Museum, Exhibition Road, London SW7.

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall later received the Rt. Hon. Jacinda Ardern MP (Prime Minister of New Zealand).

The Prince of Wales this afternoon attended a Reception for the Closing of the Commonwealth Business Forum, Guildhall, Gresham Street, London EC2.

His Royal Highness, President, The Prince's Trust Group, later attended a Reception at St. James's Palace State Apartments.

The Prince of Wales subsequently attended the Malaria No More Conference, 8 Northumberland Avenue, London WC2.

The President of the Republic of Cyprus called upon His Royal Highness this evening.

Court Circular 19th April:
The Prince of Wales this afternoon received Mr. Shahid Khaqan Abbasi (Prime Minister of the Islamic Republic of Pakistan).

Court Circular 2nd May:
The Prince Charles, Duke of Rothesay this afternoon attended a Seminar of the Global Alliance for the Future of Food and the Sustainable Food Trust, Dumfries House, Cumnock, Ayrshire.

His Royal Highness afterwards attended a Meeting on Sustainability with a delegation from China, Dumfries House.

The Prince of Wales, Duke of Rothesay this evening held Dinner at Dumfries House for the Global Alliance Forum for the Future of Food and the Sustainable Food Trust.

Court Circular 14th May:
The Prince of Wales this evening held a Reception at Buckingham Palace for the Garfield Weston Foundation.

Yesterday Evening we saw on TV France 2 " Secrets d' Histoire" from Stephane Bern. It was about the Prince of Wales. French Télévison was allowed to go inside Clarence House. How cosy , a House and not a Palace with still a lot of items kept from the QueenMother.
We saw also the gardens of Highgrove , the Prince created himself.
It was a very positive portrait of the Prince and his family.

Yesterday Evening we saw on TV France 2 " Secrets d' Histoire" from Stephane Bern. It was about the Prince of Wales. French Télévison was allowed to go inside Clarence House. How cosy , a House and not a Palace with still a lot of items kept from the QueenMother.
We saw also the gardens of Highgrove , the Prince created himself.
It was a very positive portrait of the Prince and his family.
Highgrove is certainly impressive. I am reminded what it looked like when he brought it, a nondescript manor house in a sea of knee high weeds. It looked so desolate and I thought it ugly, barren and windswept.

What he has created is beautiful and serene. I always admire people with vision and Charles has it in spades.

With Clarence House he has created a beautiful home. It could so easily have looked like a stuffy Stately Home, instead it is a real place where real people live.

Court Circular 16th May:
The Prince of Wales this afternoon visited the British Fashion Council, White City House, Television Centre, Wood Lane, London W12.

His Royal Highness this afternoon received the Rt. Hon. Jeremy Corbyn MP (Leader of the Opposition).

Court Circular 17th May:
The Prince of Wales this afternoon received the Rt Hon Matthew Hancock MP (Secretary of State for Digital, Culture, Media and Sport).

Last edited:

The Prince of Wales was in Dorset today, May 25, to visit Bridport Literary and Scientific Institute and to meet representatives from Bridport based crowdfunding platform Crowd Funder UK.
He also visited Middle Farm Way in Poundbury to see stone masonry students from Weymouth College and view their work.

** rex gallery ** dailymail article **

Last edited:
Court Circular 31st May:
The Prince of Wales this morning held a Meeting for The Prince of Wales Foundation Romania in Viscri, Brasov County, Romania.

Last edited:
The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 -

It seems that Charles has a fondness for Romania as he often visits the country (my late grandfather used to be very fond of Romania too and often went there on holiday, the last holiday he took was to Romania) sometimes privately, I presume to meet the Romanian RF.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom