The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-29-2015, 09:12 AM
Heir Apparent

^ The massacres of Armenians by Turks in the first decades of the 20th century to 1922 were absolutely appalling. I applaud Prince Charles's presence at a ceremony which honours these martyrs. However, I have to confess I am still not quite clear on why such a ceremony is taking place in a Protestant Cathedral in London. I'm not aware that there is a huge Armenian population in London and weren't the Martyrs of the Eastern Orthodox faith?

Old 10-29-2015, 12:02 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curryong View Post
^ The massacres of Armenians by Turks in the first decades of the 20th century to 1922 were absolutely appalling. I applaud Prince Charles's presence at a ceremony which honours these martyrs. However, I have to confess I am still not quite clear on why such a ceremony is taking place in a Protestant Cathedral in London. I'm not aware that there is a huge Armenian population in London and weren't the Martyrs of the Eastern Orthodox faith?

To my knowledge there was quite a substantial Armenian Protestant population in the Ottoman Empire stemming from a Protestant missionary activity during the 1800s but Protestant churches don't canonise people... The Church of Sweden often holds ecumenical services with other churches maybe it's the same for the Anglican Church?

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app

Old 11-23-2015, 10:23 PM
Royal Highness

November 23, 2015, Prince Charles in Poundbury, Dorset making chocolate.

Pictures of the day: 23 November 2015 - Telegraph
Old 11-24-2015, 09:41 AM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Prince Charles has opened the new extension at a chocolate factory in Poundbury today, during a visit to Dorset in south west England. The 67 year heir to the throne – who originally opened the House of Dorchester factory in 1998 – said he was ‘delighted’ the plant continues to be a success and provide local employment opportunities in the area-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-28-2015, 03:06 PM
Heir Apparent

Lucky duck! Next time can I come along?! Mmm...
Old 12-01-2015, 05:22 AM
Courtier

A picture of Prince Charles talking to King Carl Gustav of Sweden this morning at COP21
https://instagram.com/p/-vlBw6v8r4/

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community mobile app
Old 12-02-2015, 01:50 AM
Heir Apparent

^ Prince Charles demands that a fifteen page contract be signed before an interview with BBC4.

Prince Charles has a 15-page contract broadcasters need to sign before interviewing | Daily Mail Online
Old 12-11-2015, 12:21 PM
Administrator

The Prince of Wales represented the Queen at the Sovereign's Parade at the Royal Military Academy Sandhurst, Camberley, Surrey, today, December 11:

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery **

** telegraph.co.uk: Prince Charles: Death cult is seducing lost young people **
Old 12-11-2015, 01:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt
Charles to Sandhurst cadets:a cult of death and destruction is defiling ancient lands and seducing a frightening number of lost young people

Prince Charles' Sandhurst speech:

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales at The Sovereign's Parade, Sandhurst
Old 12-11-2015, 05:37 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
Charles to Sandhurst cadets:a cult of death and destruction is defiling ancient lands and seducing a frightening number of lost young people

Prince Charles' Sandhurst speech:

A speech by HRH The Prince of Wales at The Sovereign's Parade, Sandhurst
This is perhaps the best description I've heard yet of ISIS and other radicalized terrorists groups we have.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-12-2015, 12:14 AM
Imperial Majesty

Prince Charles warns Army's newest officers about ISIS 'death cult' they must fight as they pass out from Sandhurst-
Prince Charles warns the Army's newest officers about a 'cult of death and destruction' | Daily Mail Online

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-16-2015, 05:14 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
The Prince of Wales, in his capacity as patron of Teach First, has visited Pen-y-dre High School and met pupils and staff and supporters of Teach First Cymru's Leadership Development Programme-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-21-2015, 12:50 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Prince Charles visited flood-hit homes and businesses in Cumbria on Monday.

The Prince of Wales was shown the devastation caused by Storm Desmond earlier this month and spoke with local residents about how they have been coping in the aftermath.

The royal visitor also met members of the armed forces, who told him about the dramatic rescue of an elderly woman who was trapped underneath her stair lift for five hours, with floodwater rising to her chest.
Read more: Prince Charles visits Cumbrian communities hit by Storm Desmond floods - ITV News
Old 12-21-2015, 09:23 PM
Imperial Majesty

Videos:
The Prince of Wales has toured parts of Cumbria to see for himself how communities are coping with the aftermath of Storm Desmond, which left thousands of homes and businesses flooded. Charles visited Carlisle's Warwick Road, where residents were forced to dump their waterlogged furniture and other possessions in the street following the storm earlier this month. Charles called on a few of the residents to learn how families coped with the deluge-

Home - ITNSource News

The Prince of Wales toured parts of Cumbria today to see for himself how communities are coping with the aftermath of Storm Desmond, which left thousands of homes and businesses flooded. Charles ended his visit by going on a walkabout in Appleby-in-Westmorland to view the flood damage and learn about ongoing repairs. .
Home - ITNSource News

The Prince of Wales has toured parts of Cumbria today to see for himself how communities are coping with the aftermath of Storm Desmond, which left thousands of homes and businesses flooded. The day began with Charles visiting the McVitie's factory, a major local employer, to learn how the floods affected business-
Home - ITNSource News
SearchTerm=PRINCE%20CHARLES%20VISITS%20MCVITIE%E2%80%99S%20FACTORY%20IN%20CARLISLE

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-22-2015, 08:14 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

Getty Images

http://www.gettyimages.co.uk/photos/...ia&sort=newest
Old 12-27-2015, 10:04 AM
Heir Apparent

Prince Charles pays tribute to armed forces in Christmas message - BBC News
Old 02-03-2016, 04:34 PM
Serene Highness

HRH The Prince of Wales will receive HM King Abdullah II of Jordan at Clarence House tomorrow.
HRH will also receive The Emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmed Al Jabber Al Sabah at Clarence House, later the same day.
Old 02-03-2016, 08:17 PM
Heir Apparent

3rd February - v busy day for Prince Charles. No pictures at present although some might emerge later.

The Prince of Wales, Patron, the Landmark Trust, this afternoon attended a Fiftieth Anniversary Reception at St James’s Palace.

His Royal Highness afterwards held a Meeting with representatives from the Crown Estate.

The Prince of Wales later received the Rt Hon David Miliband (President and Chief Executive Officer, International Rescue Committee).

His Royal Highness, Founder, In Kind Direct, afterwards held a Meeting.

The Prince of Wales this evening received the Hon Robert Stokes MP (New South Wales Minister for Planning).
His Royal Highness subsequently attended a Reception held by Her Majesty’s Government on the occasion of the Syria and the Region London 2016 Conference at Lancaster House, St James’s, London SW1.

this last event mentions the conference (tomorrow) and is the reason so many leaders, including King Abdullah II of Jordon, are in London. More flew in today: The President of the Republic of Azerbaijan The President of the Republic of Macedonia and The President of the Federal Republic of Nigeria.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 02-05-2016, 04:22 AM
Administrator

On February 4 the Prince of Wales received the Emir of Kuwait, Sheikh Sabah Al Ahmed Al Jabber Al Sabah and King Abdullah II of Jordan at Clarence House.

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince of Wales Receives Dignities Attending Supporting Syria Conference **

** gettyimages/zimbio gallery: The Prince of Wales Receives Dignitaries Attending the Supporting Syria and the Region London 2016 Conference **
Old 02-09-2016, 02:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Pictures And Photos | Getty Images

Charles to meet welsh stars at palace gala concert | Daily Mail Online