The Prince of Wales Current Events 12: April 2013 - June 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prince of Wales trip to Malta from the CC

Clarence House
4th October, 2017
The Prince of Wales this afternoon departed from Aberdeen International Airport for Malta and was received later upon arrival at Malta International Airport by the British High Commissioner to the Republic of Malta (His Excellency Mr Stuart Gill).

His Royal Highness later attended a Reception at St Paul’s Pro Cathedral, West Street, Valletta.

The Prince of Wales, President, the Victoria Cross and George Cross Association, this evening attended the Seventy Fifth Anniversary Commemoration of the Awarding of the George Cross to the Island of Malta, St George Square, Valletta, and was received by Dr Joseph Muscat (Prime Minister of the Republic of Malta).

Clarence House
5th October, 2017

The Prince of Wales this morning attended the Our Ocean Conference, Saint Julian’s, Malta.

His Royal Highness, President, The Prince’s Trust International, this afternoon attended a Reception, Hilton Malta, Saint Julian’s.

The Prince of Wales this evening arrived at Aberdeen International Airport from Malta.

Short but important trip. I enjoy listening to him speak :flowers:

Some people may click to see photos of turtles. Hopefully will continue to read. There is an important message to be read.

Have said it before, Charles is really my favorite british royal to watch, Harry only close second.

The Prince of wales Taylor has changed since a while . HRH is not the best dressed anymore , our King and the Grand Duke of Luxembourg are doing better.

:previous: Wow, "in high spirits", "dapper", "Chuckling Charles", "positively giddy", "gleeful". These are not the adjectives usually appearing in articles about Charles in the DF, but there they are.

They make most of his stepping up for his mother although Charles has been doing disaster tours for decades. But, as I have always said, the DF may pen drivel but they publish the best photos and what a great set of photos they are. Lots of people of all ages there to see him and happy to share and talk to him. I also noticed the habit of bringing the small dogs when Camilla visits is now appearing at Charles and he doesn't seem to mind a bit.

Does anyone know anything about the authors of this article, Emily Chan and Stephanie Linning?

:previous: Wow, "in high spirits", "dapper", "Chuckling Charles", "positively giddy", "gleeful". These are not the adjectives usually appearing in articles about Charles in the DF, but there they are.

They make most of his stepping up for his mother although Charles has been doing disaster tours for decades. But, as I have always said, the DF may pen drivel but they publish the best photos and what a great set of photos they are. Lots of people of all ages there to see him and happy to share and talk to him. I also noticed the habit of bringing the small dogs when Camilla visits is now appearing at Charles and he doesn't seem to mind a bit.

Does anyone know anything about the authors of this article, Emily Chan and Stephanie Linning?[/QUOTE]

:previous: They belong to a specific section of the daily mail online, called the femail section. As you can guess from the less then cleverly spelled name, it is staffed by female reporters in their London, NY and Sydney offices. They are considered senior reporters, but likely ones we don't see as often as the usual names on this page, because the section they write for.

I agree, the best and only reason to read the DM is for the amazing photos.

Nothing new about this trip, not a sign like the wreath coming up. Charles has been doing these kinds of trips for years. But great seeing him out.

I noticed that the mayor of Derry was not willing to meet with him. She is a member of Sinn Fein, and while she supports talks with the BRF, because Charles is colonel and chief of the parachute regiment that was involved in the killings, she refuses to meet with him.

Derry Mayor WON'T meet with Prince Charles - Derry Journal

Great news! I was wondering which member of the royal family would visit the people and the hard hit areas.

We can’t get the media and our elected officials to pay attention to the US Virgin Islands, which were hit twice.

It’s so good to see Charles doing this and comforting those who’ve lost so much. All the smiles are warming!

Me too Dman. I think it's wonderful for Charles to do this, come and see the devastation for himself and talk to and comfort the people amid such heartbreak. Very very heartwarming.

Last edited:
I think it’s great Charles is visiting and hopefully giving this issue some much needed exposure. Often times it’s out of sight out of mind when it comes to such catastrophes, but the recovery will take a very long time.

Also with Charles is International Development Secretary Penny Mordaunt and it was announced:

The politician, who is making her first overseas visit since replacing Priti Patel, earlier announced the new financial package – £12 million for Dominica and £3 million for Antigua and Barbuda.

Imho that's a drop in the ocean really, considering that schools, hospitals, other admin and commercial buildings were either flattened or damaged, as well as the loss of crops etc to farmers.

It says in the above linked article:

With the announcement of the £15 million package – plus £15 million recently allocated for the affected Overseas Territories of Anguilla, the British Virgin Islands and Turks and Caicos – the UK Government has now committed £92 million to help recovery and long-term reconstruction in the region.
It is my understanding that the help will continue to the countries that are part of Her Majesty’s realms.

Dominica, however, is not one of them and wider international aid is needed.

Wow, barely home a week from an intense 11 day tour in Asia, weekend spent at the remembrance events, and now off again.

Great to see him there though. Hopefully it will bring much needed attention :flowers:

He definitely lifted spirits which will help.

Outside of this forum I have seen no mention of this visit (or the trip to Asia either). Charles just doesn't raise awareness of anything anymore - unless it is scandal. Sadly for him he just doesn't get the press coverage. Had they really wanted to raise awareness they would have sent William or Harry as the other royals simply don't garner any press coverage these days (Kate does but being pregnant rules her out or the Queen but her age means she can't go).

Well as we discovered with Asia, your desire not to look at any news other then local is limiting your scope. Even when presented with countless articles, clips, tweets, and interviews from both Uk and American news sources, you claimed 'the phantom tour'.

Fortunately for the causes, there are plenty of people who read British newspapers, listen to CNN and other news networks, and go on social media. There is no fear that it will go missed. Other then by people who focus their news attention local or on tabloids like People, who focus only on good looking young royals.

Day 1 and so far we have:

daily mail Prince Charles lifts spirits as he visits shelter on tour | Daily Mail Online

express https://www.express.co.uk/news/roya...bbean-islands-hurricanes-irma-maria-survivors

Jamaican observer Prince of Wales to visit Antigua and Barbuda, BVI, Dominica

Local https://antiguanewsroom.com/news/prince-charles-arrives-in-antigua/

Video on youtube
(Yes I know the evil social media but millions watch youtube videos)

twitter (yes, just like evil you tube, social media but again millions read)
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/931611380247158784
https://twitter.com/ClarenceHouse/status/931199160841359360
https://twitter.com/GlobalsNewsroom/status/931770056010330113
https://twitter.com/OneCaribbeanNet/status/931681522943488000

Imho that's a drop in the ocean really, considering that schools, hospitals, other admin and commercial buildings were either flattened or damaged, as well as the loss of crops etc to farmers.

It is a contribution worth Ebenezer Scrooge. For a comparison: the Kingdom of the Netherlands has donated 500 million Euro for the people on the Dutch part of Saint Martin and for the people on the two small islands of Saba and Saint Eustatius. The French Republic has given a similar sum for their part of Saint-Martin.

And that money is much needed: airports, roads, energy and water infrastructure, hospitals, etc. With that scratch the British isles get, they can only do the bare minimum, I fear. The same counts for Puerto Rico, where the USA has not shown a generous face yet.

It must be overwhelming to see such devastation first hand. I could be wrong but it looks to me there are lollipops in his breast pocket where squatting with the kids.

:previous: If talking today's photos, its just the print of the pocket square he is wearing.

Its horrible seeing all the destruction, and I can only imagine in person. Its good to see Charles out there visiting. Hopefully it will help lift spirits as well as attention. Its important that the BRF remembers and reminds others that they represent more then simply the UK. I remember Sophie coming and visit Fort Mac after the city was destroyed by wildfire.

Nice to see Branson out as well. He certainly can shed some pr light on it too.

Court Circular 17th November:
The Prince of Wales this morning departed from Gatwick Airport, London, for Antigua and Barbuda and was received upon arrival this afternoon at V. C. Bird International Airport, Antigua, by the Governor-General of Antigua and Barbuda (His Excellency Sir Rodney Williams) and subsequently undertook the following engagements in Antigua.

His Royal Highness held a Meeting with the Governor-General and the Prime Minister of Antigua and Barbuda (the Hon. Gaston Browne) at the Airport.

The Prince of Wales afterwards visited a shelter at the National Technical Training Centre for residents evacuated after Hurricane Irma.

His Royal Highness this evening attended a Reception at Government House.

Mr. Scott Furssedonn-Wood, Mr. Julian Payne and Dr. Suzanne Farrar are in attendance.

Court Circular 18th November:
The Prince of Wales this morning visited Holy Trinity School and Hannah Thomas Hospital, Barbuda, Antigua and Barbuda, and viewed the reconstruction effort following Hurricane Irma.

His Royal Highness this afternoon arrived in the British Virgin Islands and was received by the Governor (His Excellency Mr. Augustus Jaspert) and the Premier (the Hon. Dr. Orlando Smith).

The Prince of Wales visited the Youth Empowerment Project.

His Royal Highness, President, the British Red Cross Society, afterwards met volunteers from the British Virgin Islands Red Cross.

The Prince of Wales subsequently visited The Queen Elizabeth II Park.

His Royal Highness later attended a Community Reception at Government House.

Court Circular 19th November:
The Prince of Wales this morning visited the newly restored Clarence House, Antigua, Antigua and Barbuda.

His Royal Highness afterwards visited the United Nations Educational, Scientific and Cultural Organisation World Heritage Site, Nelsons Dockyard, Antigua.

The Prince of Wales this afternoon arrived in Dominica and was received by the Acting Prime Minister of the Commonwealth of Dominica (the Hon. Reginald Austrie).

His Royal Highness was received by The President of the Commonwealth of Dominica and joined a Meeting with the Cabinet.

The Prince of Wales afterwards visited Pichelin and joined a discussion with local residents and farmers on the impact of Hurricane Maria.

His Royal Highness later visited local residents affected by Hurricane Maria in Pointe Michel.

The Prince of Wales subsequently attended a Reception at the Dominica Botanical Gardens.

His Royal Highness this evening departed from V. C. Bird International Airport, Antigua, for the United Kingdom.

Court Circular 20th November:
The Prince of Wales this morning arrived at Gatwick Airport, London, from Antigua and Barbuda.
Mr. Scott Furssedonn-Wood, Mr. Julian Payne, Mrs. Eva Williams and Dr. Suzanne Farrar were in attendance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom