The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-16-2014, 04:08 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would love to see it too. I can see Charles in the future taking George into the gardens at Highgrove and teaching him a love of nature, bugs and frogs and all that good stuff. Digging in the dirt is a good past time.

Perhaps a photos will be released after the birth of his second grandchild, who knows...

Old 12-16-2014, 04:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Osipi View Post
I would love to see it too. I can see Charles in the future taking George into the gardens at Highgrove and teaching him a love of nature, bugs and frogs and all that good stuff. Digging in the dirt is a good past time.
So can I! Great mental image!

Old 12-16-2014, 04:25 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by roseroyal View Post
The future King digging in the sand table, and mooing like a cow? Priceless!
He can be a guest in any preschool classroom that I' in charge of . Heck, he can even teach a lesson. Bet he'd be great. All kids want at that age is a 'teacher' that will have no problems getting down to their level and playing with them.

Quote:
To see Charles interact with his grandchildren would be a great.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community mobile app

I'm not obsessed with royalty...I just think intensely about it.
Old 12-16-2014, 05:04 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Start with dirt, bugs and frogs and work into the times they spend together the lessons of a monarch. I can see Charles and George spending private times together much as William did at teas with Granny learning first hand from the best of what it takes to be a monarch.

Back on the subject at hand of Charles with the preschoolers. I think 10 years ago the image of Charles digging in the sand with little kids would have really surprised me. Today it just makes me smile and giggle. Its amazing what the change of overall character in Charles has been. Its almost like the old austere, staid and introverted Charles has totally disappeared. I love it!
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-16-2014, 06:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I agree with you. Charles is still more regal about it than I think William would be, but it's a major improvement that he's doing it at all.
Old 12-17-2014, 03:54 PM
Heir Apparent

PArt of a speech by Prince Charles today at a special service in his honour at the Syriac Orthodox Church in London.

Prince Charles condemns Taliban massacre of 132 Pakistani children as sacrilege | Royal | News | Daily Express

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-17-2014, 03:59 PM
Heir Apparent

I appreciate the words from Charles... My question is: is is allowed to say so? Why is there som many controversy whenever he speaks up?
Old 12-17-2014, 04:04 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marty91charmed View Post
I appreciate the words from Charles... My question is: is is allowed to say so? Why is there som many controversy whenever he speaks up?
Some people might not like this, but he has spoken out recently for the need to support and protect Christian communities in the Middle East.

This might not be liked because some might see it as political even though he speaks for both christian and muslim.

He is sometimes viewed as controversial because people just disagree with his views and/or he shouldn't speak out because he is Heir to the Throne. But there is no constitutional reason why he cannot speak out as long as he avoids absolute politics (ie supporting a political party)

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 12-17-2014, 04:11 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Some people might not like this, but he has spoken out recently for the need to support and protect Christian communities in the Middle East.

This might not be liked because some might see it as political even though he speaks for both christian and muslim.

He is sometimes viewed as controversial because people just disagree with his views and/or he shouldn't speak out because he is Heir to the Throne. But there is no constitutional reason why he cannot speak out as long as he avoids absolute politics (ie supporting a political party)
Thanks... I think he shouls keep sharing his views while he can... Sometimes I disagree with his opinions bu that's something normal... we cannotalways have the same thought on something
Old 12-17-2014, 04:23 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
What he is saying isn't political. Frankly, I am not sure how any civilized person could disagree with him. The British government, regardless of party, is on record as opposing what is happening to Christians in parts of the Middle East. This is similar to the outrage shown when Muslims were under attack in the Balkans. Members of the Labour Party and the Tories both strongly oppose terrorism and persecution based on their religion.
Old 12-17-2014, 04:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
What he is saying isn't political. Frankly, I am not sure how any civilized person could disagree with him. The British government, regardless of party, is on record as opposing what is happening to Christians in parts of the Middle East. This is similar to the outrage shown when Muslims were under attack in the Balkans. Members of the Labour Party and the Tories both strongly oppose terrorism and persecution based on their religion.

I wasn't specifically referring to this sppech but in general...
Old 12-17-2014, 05:16 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-17-2014, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

Three cheers for Charles! I admire him for saying it. I don't see how any civilized person could disagree with him. And, to quote philosopher John Stuart Mill: "Bad men need nothing more to compass their ends, than that good men should look on and do nothing." Charles is doing something.
Old 12-17-2014, 05:33 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Charles has spoken out on issues that have been controversial, including architecture and the environment. Those issues aren't necessarily political, although they can be. At the same time, the royal family has spoken out on issues, such as homelessness, job training, and poverty, which can also be considered political. Princess Diana was involved in the campaign to ban landmine and efforts to increase foreign aid.

I don't see the problem, as long as the royal family don't endorse a candidate or party.
Old 12-17-2014, 06:04 PM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by US Royal Watcher View Post
Charles has spoken out on issues that have been controversial, including architecture and the environment. Those issues aren't necessarily political, although they can be. At the same time, the royal family has spoken out on issues, such as homelessness, job training, and poverty, which can also be considered political. Princess Diana was involved in the campaign to ban landmine and efforts to increase foreign aid.

I don't see the problem, as long as the royal family don't endorse a candidate or party.
I think a lot of this dates back to when Charles, after leaving the Navy, had to carve a role for himself as The Prince of Wales. Bit by bit, he built up his role as one that would make a difference in people's lives and strive to address issues that affect not only the UK, but all humanity as a whole. In this respect, I think he is setting the example for William to carry on for him once he becomes monarch.

I think that one of the most important and prevailing reasons why the monarch remains impartial and abstains from speaking out on causes or issues is because as monarch, she embodies the whole of the UK and the Commonwealth and all of its people and can never give even a glimmer of backing some issue because it would be like saying the UK and the Commonwealth as a whole stands behind it. In most issues such as homelessness, land mines, organic farming or saving the whales and whatever else, there are so many different people with many different ideas on how to approach it, solve it and/or ignore it. Charles realizes this and IMO, he's training William well to follow in his footsteps.
“When I was 5 years old, my mother always told me that happiness was the key to life. When I went to school, they asked me what I wanted to be when I grew up. I wrote down ‘happy’. They told me I didn’t understand the assignment, and I told them they didn’t understand life.”
― John Lennon
Old 12-17-2014, 06:38 PM
Imperial Majesty

If anyone thinks Charles will suddenly shut his mouth once he's called to the "Top Job" is just wrong, IMO. The man cares and I think it's a quality he will take with him to the throne.

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 12-17-2014, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
I don't think it is so much a matter of whether he is allowed to voice his opinion on the issues and subjects that he does. So far as I know, he may get grumbling criticism in the press, disagreement from some quarters or mumblings in the government, but he has never been gagged or officially prevented from voicing his opinion on any subject. He makes a remark, some people say he shouldn't, he never retracts the remark and he makes more remarks at a later date!

For me, personally, I appreciate someone in high authority taking a stand on issues that in reality most of the public will feel the same way about. It is certainly preferable than the cautious and more self-serving remarks we get from our elected representatives!
Old 12-18-2014, 11:52 AM
Heir Apparent

I agree with those of you who said Charles has the right to voice his opinion... I also prefer monarchs/public people who have the gut to stand on a side rather than to be dull...
Old 12-28-2014, 05:50 AM
Nobility

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2888745/

Prince Charles to take over day to day running of Sandringham.

Sent from my iPad using The Royals Community
Old 12-28-2014, 06:16 AM
Heir Apparent

The Prince of Wales is a busy man and likelier to become much busier, it seems. Perhaps William could give him a hand? After all, he will be actually living on the Sandringham estate.