The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-09-2014, 02:07 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Prince Charles spoke for the first time today of how 'wonderful' it was to be a grandfather again.
The heir to the throne said he was 'happy' and 'thrilled' at the news that the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge were expecting their second child.

The couple were forced to announce the news several weeks early, after Kate began suffering from the same severe morning sickness that blighted her first pregnancy.

Aides had indictated that Charles, who was this afternoon on a visit to a Prince's Trust Project in south London, would be unlikely to talk about the impending arrival as his daughter-in-law was at such an early stage of her pregnancy.
A beaming Prince Charles reveals he and Camilla are 'thrilled' and 'delighted' at news of a second royal baby | Mail Online

Old 09-12-2014, 02:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Prince Charles joined present and former employees at Airbus in Broughton, North Wales, to mark the 75th anniversary of the first aerospace factory opening on the site in 1939. He opened a new visitor centre which marks the history of the site from the first Vickers Wellington bomber to be manufactured to the construction of the wings for the new Airbus A350 which will go into service at the end of this year-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-22-2014, 03:48 PM
Imperial Majesty

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-28-2014, 04:27 PM
Imperial Majesty

The Prince of Wales has attended the National Police Memorial Day in Belfast, which remembers officers killed in the line of duty. The Prince attended a reception at Waterfront Hall-
Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-30-2014, 06:08 AM
Majesty

This is really interesting.
Old 10-23-2014, 07:24 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know where the Prince of Wales has been for the past few weeks. It seems as if he is MIA? Hope nothing is seriously wrong? Isn't he scheduled to take a trip abroad to Columbia with the DofC next month?
Old 10-23-2014, 07:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

I first raised the idea of something being wrong when he did so few engagements during the first three weeks in October. Then I went back and checked last year and he followed the same pattern with very few engagements in those three weeks so probably nothing much wrong at all - just preparing for his upcoming overseas tour - he also had the tour to India and Sri Lanka this time last year.

He has done a few things this week - four engagements in Scotland on the day that everyone else was meeting the President of Singapore, including meeting the European Heads of Mission and then hosting a dinner.

He and Camilla are scheduled to visit both Columbia and Mexico.
Old 10-27-2014, 02:43 PM
Serene Highness

Prince Charles is scheduled to give a speech on religious freedom next week. Very important topic. Prince Charles to give address on Religious Freedom - Independent Catholic News
Old 10-27-2014, 02:47 PM
Serene Highness

The article about the Dylanathon includes a link to an audio recording of the Prince of Wales reading Fern Hill. Dylathon: Listen to Prince Charles reading Dylan Thomas' Fern Hill - Wales Online
Old 10-27-2014, 04:44 PM
Heir Apparent

I remember Dylan Thomasì poem quite well since I studied "Fern Hill" at university a couple of years ago :-)
Old 10-28-2014, 01:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Video:
Prince Charles has hosted afternoon tea for recipients of the George Cross and Victoria Cross, during an event at St James’ Palace in central London today. The awards, which were originally introduced by King George VI and Queen Victoria, recognise bravery amongst military personnel and civilians, and include British troops who have recently returned from service in Afghanistan-

Home - ITNSource News

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-04-2014, 04:04 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Prince of Wales’s plea to Muslims over Christian persecution

Video: Prince of Wales’s plea to Muslims over Christian persecution - Telegraph
Old 11-05-2014, 09:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

Robert Jobson @theroyaleditor · 2h 2 hours ago
#PrinceCharles will attend the Royal Shakespeare Company's Annual General Meeting on his 66th birthday (14 Nov)

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 11-07-2014, 04:19 AM
Aristocracy

In 1977 the Prince of Wales was interviewed on a popular music program called Countdown by its host Ian "Molly" Meldrum. Although Countdown was cancelled many years ago, it is still very fondly remembered by Australians, of a certain generation, as compulsory Sunday night viewing. It is now 40 years since Countdown first went to air, and a special program will air on Sunday night to celebrate the anniversary. The Prince of Wales recorded a special message for the show, recalling fondly his visit to Countdown in 1977.

My brothers and I watched Countdown every Sunday night, and I remember the Prince of Wales' appearance in 1977. It is one of the most excruciatingly painful interviews I've ever seen. It is good to see the Prince of Wales remembers it so fondly.

Countdown was filmed on a Saturday afternoon at the ABC studios in Rippon Lee. My cousins from Leongatha (a town in country Victoria) came to stay one weekend because they had tickets for Countdown. They had a great time, and my cousin Peter even managed to pash one of the Countdown Dancers (well that's what he told us).

Prince of Wales' Message
Old 11-07-2014, 05:25 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubb Fuddler View Post
In 1977 the Prince of Wales was interviewed on a popular music program called Countdown by its host Ian "Molly" Meldrum. Although Countdown was cancelled many years ago, it is still very fondly remembered by Australians, of a certain generation, as compulsory Sunday night viewing. It is now 40 years since Countdown first went to air, and a special program will air on Sunday night to celebrate the anniversary. The Prince of Wales recorded a special message for the show, recalling fondly his visit to Countdown in 1977.

My brothers and I watched Countdown every Sunday night, and I remember the Prince of Wales' appearance in 1977. It is one of the most excruciatingly painful interviews I've ever seen. It is good to see the Prince of Wales remembers it so fondly.

Countdown was filmed on a Saturday afternoon at the ABC studios in Rippon Lee. My cousins from Leongatha (a town in country Victoria) came to stay one weekend because they had tickets for Countdown. They had a great time, and my cousin Peter even managed to pash one of the Countdown Dancers (well that's what he told us).

Prince of Wales' Message
That's quite funny!
Old 11-07-2014, 06:19 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chubb Fuddler View Post

Prince of Wales' Message
Why was it painful?
Old 11-07-2014, 04:27 PM
Aristocracy

Molly Meldrum was nervous, and the Prince of Wales was uncomfortable, so the interview was formal, stilted, and dull. It was like having a tooth pulled; you just wanted it to finish. Molly Meldrum once said that at the beginning of the interview he tried to relax and make some friendly chit-chat with the Prince by telling him about a recent trip to London:

"I saw your mother" enthused Molly
"You mean the Queen?" responded the Prince

After that, it all went downhill.

In 1985 the Prince and Princess of Wales spent over a week in Victoria for our 150th anniversary (probably one of the last old fashioned Royal Tours: long with visits to lots of country towns). There was a special "Rock with the Royals" concert, hosted by Molly. The Princess of Wales enjoyed herself, and hit it off with Molly. The Prince, however, still looked uncomfortable. I don't think rock concerts and rock shows were ever the Prince's cup of tea.
Old 11-07-2014, 05:55 PM
Imperial Majesty

I too remember that interview and Charles seemed fine but Molly was simply overawed at being in the presence of the Prince of Wales.

That they can both laugh about it now says it wasn't all that bad.
Old 11-11-2014, 06:16 AM
Imperial Majesty

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 49m 49 minutes ago
On November 20, The Prince of Wales will meet young people involved in social action across the UK via his first ever Google+ Hangout.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 47m 47 minutes ago
Prince Charles's Google foray is being organised by Step Up To Serve, a charity aiming to encourage social action amongst 10-20 year olds.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 45m 45 minutes ago
The Prince's 30 min Google+ Hangout will be hosted by @MissAlexjones and see Charles chat with young people about social action experiences.

Rebecca English @RE_DailyMail · 22m 22 minutes ago
Prince Charles's Google+ Hangout will also be streamed live on the British Monarchy YouTube Channel The British Monarchy - YouTube

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS