The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > British Royals > The Prince of Wales and the Duchess of Cornwall

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-13-2013, 08:14 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall to visit Middle East: 11-19 March 2013

The Prince of Wales and The Duchess of Cornwall will visit Jordan, Qatar and Oman from 11th - 19th March 2013.

https://www.princeofwales.gov.uk/med...qatar-and-oman

Old 02-13-2013, 08:15 AM
Majesty

Looking forward to this visit.

Old 02-13-2013, 08:17 AM
Royal Highness

Yes, and being totally shallow for a possible gift of jewels and some opportunity for tiara wearing.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:14 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elly C View Post
Yes, and being totally shallow for a possible gift of jewels and some opportunity for tiara wearing.
You are unlikely to see Camilla in a tiara on this trip. Camilla only wears tiaras at State dinners, never overseas. The only exception was at the Commonwealth Meetings in Kampala, Uganda in 2007 when C&C accompanies HM and the DoE.
Old 02-13-2013, 10:43 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Depends on the program of the visit, I guess. If it's a full-state one, Camilla may surprise us.
Is it wrong that when I read 'visit to Jordan, Qatar and Oman', my first thought was "Yay! More jewels for Camilla!".
Old 02-13-2013, 10:47 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post

Depends on the program of the visit, I guess. If it's a full-state one, Camilla may surprise us.
Is it wrong that when I read 'visit to Jordan, Qatar and Oman', my first thought was "Yay! More jewels for Camilla!".
As Charles is not yet Head of State, from a UK perspective, it will never be a state visit. The hosts can treat it like a state visit, and hosting ladies may wear tiaras, but Camilla is unlikely to. This was the case when she visited the Scandinavian monarchies, Spain, Morocco, Japan, Brunei and previous trips to the M-E (including Qatar).
Old 02-13-2013, 10:54 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

I know it's unlikely but don't spoil the dream: I have been tiara-deprived for too long!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:10 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Artemisia View Post
I know it's unlikely but don't spoil the dream: I have been tiara-deprived for too long!
Fair enough, dream on!
Old 02-13-2013, 02:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Well Qatar and Oman will be good opportunities to add to the royal jewle collection. The Middle East might even be the appropriate place to debut the Teck Roses and Crescents tiara.
Old 02-13-2013, 02:59 PM
Administrator

The three threads...

The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall to visit Jordan March 2013

The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall to visit Qatar March 2013

The Prince of Wales & Duchess of Cornwall to visit Oman March 2013

As the trip is a month away the threads will remain closed until nearer the date.
Until the threads are opened the moderators will move over relevant posts that are specific to each country.
Old 02-13-2013, 03:35 PM
Majesty

For some reason the British royal ladies stopped wearing tiara's at official events and oversea Official Visits. I haven't seen them wear them since the 90's. The Commonwealth meeting of 2007 was a special event. It seem like the only time you see them in their regalia is at State Banquets, Royal Weddings, Royal Diplomatic Corps Receptions and Coronations. Even at some of those events you won't see the ladies in their finery because there's no pictures.
Old 02-28-2013, 09:57 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

@RoyalReporter: Prince Charles and the Duchess of Cornwall have added a visit to Saudi Arabia to their spring tour of Jordan, Qatar, and Oman in March.

JEWELS LADIES!
Old 02-28-2013, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Yeah! So when is the next visit from Saudi Arabia and Qatar to the UK? Then we'll be able to see new additions to Camilla's collection.
Quite an extensive tour for Their Royal Highnesses: fitting so many engagements in four different countries in just nine days isn't going to be easy.